Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 6:23 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Most of us have seen pictures of Kassy over the years... and I tell ya... I am gonna do what she does. She looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing all of your tips Kassy!

LOL. I agree erg, and lucky you starting 20 years before I did with the LED and Roller! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Lightstim since the GMA special and have only skipped one night...I attribute this to how soothing it is to use! I have never had red skin from using, and wonder if that is due to the 8 mg of astaxanthin I take a day. Even in summer sun, my skin never turns pink.

5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
i was wondering...
The most devices use Red/Infrared(anti aging purposes), Blue (for acne) or Blue/Red(some studies found out that this is more beneficial for acne or something)
What about the combination Blue/Infrared? I never hear anything about that combination...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
For those who want to get your *photons* on for the 1st time, or want to be a 2 fisted glutton for punishment like me ( Laughing )....

....LightStim will be on QVC's Tuesday night beauty show tonight, which starts at 9 p.m. eastern time.

Price is $199.50, has flex pay option and includes a bottle of serum.

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT work for LightStim, I am NOT a shill for anybody, and I couldn't care less what anybody does (or doesn't do) in the name of beauty.. I just very simply, and honestly, share what works (or doesn't) for my old hyde... Those of you who know me for the last 5 years, also know there are only 2 or 3 things that have caused me to rave even a little bit... Wink Like it or not, LightStim devices are my #1 rave, I own 4 of them, (and kicked to the curb an LEDman unit, the one Polifrone recommended, the DPL and the Serius Aurora that Marta raved about..What a piece of crap! Lasted all of 3 weeks before it burned out!) and my only regret is that I wish I gave a crap about all this 20 years ago... There are no overnight miracles, but a good cohesive program of topicals and gadgets can definitely slow to a crawl, the dreaded aging process... (swearin to Gawd on a stack, and hoping you all find your own Holy grail.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I did not just see that post, I should not spend any more on gadgets! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks Kassy! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, I am loving the LS, I will probably get a 2nd eventually. Can I ask why you didn't like the DPL?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I got the Lightstim during the GMA special. The first results I saw was more refinement in my skin. Just this week I think I am seeing more lift and definition in my face.
perfectobssession

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
According to this link:

health.yahoo.net/experts/skintype/new-sunscreen-rules-mean-you

Infrared A causes aging. Now I don't know if my lightstim is safe to use. Can someone please clarify?

This is what it says: Similar to UV rays, there are three kinds of infrared rays: IFA, IFB and IFC. We can’t feel the IFA type rays, but they penetrate deeper in the skin than UV does, and cause damage that leads to skin aging. (You can feel IFB and IFC, which get reflected off of the skin’s surface.)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
perfectobssession wrote:
According to this link:

health.yahoo.net/experts/skintype/new-sunscreen-rules-mean-you

Infrared A causes aging. Now I don't know if my lightstim is safe to use. Can someone please clarify?

This is what it says: Similar to UV rays, there are three kinds of infrared rays: IFA, IFB and IFC. We can’t feel the IFA type rays, but they penetrate deeper in the skin than UV does, and cause damage that leads to skin aging. (You can feel IFB and IFC, which get reflected off of the skin’s surface.)

That discussion has already been split off from this thread by Havana a Moderator:

havana8 wrote:
Hi All, the general discussion on safety, photons and infrared radiation has been moved to:

LED Safety + Infrared Radiation
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45709

Thank you.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Darkmoon, thanks for the link!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
perfectobssession wrote:
Hi Darkmoon, thanks for the link!

You're welcome perfectobssession. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Well I am afraid I have been a traitor to Lightstim Rolling Eyes

My therapy lightstim's cable finally gave up the ghost, and cos I got it from Ebay, I didnt get a warrenty and soooo I caved in and bought a Quasar Md ( the company has a base in Uk so it was easier to get it).

And I am very very impatient I want things Yesturday( Rolling Eyes )

Soo , I do have to say I love it. Probably more so than the light stim

Sorry light stim lovers Rolling Eyes Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
what features make you like it more? I'm always wanting to learn... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Erg,
It has a smaller head (Ive a small face) so fits my face better. It is solid with a metal handle ,and doesnt rattle if you shake it Laughing It has 3 options for treatment with a switch you can choose the one you want.

It has a timer that rings so you know when you have finished the area you are on and can move on.

One of the options is for joint pain and healing so is also good for me( I had SPD when pregnant and my hips have never really gone back to normal)

It feels great to hold and doesnt heat uop quite so hot as my light stim did

HTH

5% products discount

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I just bought my AALS and have been using for 2 weeks now. Just wondering anyone have both OCM and Tanaka massage before LED treatment?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:10 am      Reply with quote
rc282828 wrote:
I just bought my AALS and have been using for 2 weeks now. Just wondering anyone have both OCM and Tanaka massage before LED treatment?

I use OCM but not Tanaka, I do the massage I learned ages ago. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love my lightstim also. I use it when I am on the computer or watching TV. I think it feels very relaxing and it makes me very sleepy if its late at night. I use it for longer periods of time than they suggest. I guess I am my own guinea pig! I think my pores are looking much better.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Just thinking the oil from OCM may not let the light penetrate.... Question
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:56 am      Reply with quote
rc282828 wrote:
Just thinking the oil from OCM may not let the light penetrate.... Question

You cleanse all oil of after massaging when doing OCM so there should not be any oil left when done properly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Today, June 11, is easy pay day on qvc...you can buy a Lightstim for five payments. I think their price is $199
Jadzaluk
5% products discount

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just got it last week and LOVE it. The sensation is so relaxing that the time flies.
While i am nearly 54 the only wrinkles I have are on the forehead. Years ago I used botox to smooth them. Just restarted a r- A regime for that.
But already the lightstim has made a difference. Lift around the eye area. Skin all round seems tighter and more radiant!
Pinkie
5% products discount

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Also purchased a LightStim Very Happy
Have to admit, it's starting out as a winner. I've only used it 3 times, so I'll try and wait another 4 weeks before posting any additional comments.

Hijacking thread for a moment, so sorry, please forgive:
Kassy if you read this , could you please confirm your message to the thread I initiated yesterday (at a different skincare site): DOES THIS LOOK OK TO YOU?, the thread no longer exists Sad
I think you told me 2 teaspoons Cerave, 2 teaspoons distilled water, 1 teaspoon LAA and drops of Vitamin E would be a better formula than the 1 I questioned.

For those reading this: Kassy did NOT say it was a great or good formula, just better than one I posted a question on...and I agree, much better indeed, today I glow so I think I've got it right Very Happy

Does EDS or SCT ever have meets?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Pinkie wrote:
Also purchased a LightStim Very Happy
Have to admit, it's starting out as a winner. I've only used it 3 times, so I'll try and wait another 4 weeks before posting any additional comments.

Hijacking thread for a moment, so sorry, please forgive:
Kassy if you read this , could you please confirm your message to the thread I initiated yesterday (at a different skincare site): DOES THIS LOOK OK TO YOU?, the thread no longer exists Sad
I think you told me 2 teaspoons Cerave, 2 teaspoons distilled water, 1 teaspoon LAA and drops of Vitamin E would be a better formula than the 1 I questioned.

For those reading this: Kassy did NOT say it was a great or good formula, just better than one I posted a question on...and I agree, much better indeed, today I glow so I think I've got it right Very Happy

Does EDS or SCT ever have meets?

Many members cross post on SCT and EDS.

Your thread was probably deleted on SCT because it was hijacked by a self-promoter or someone who could not conduct themselves with class. I know that has to be frustrating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I have a question do any other allergy sufferers feel not only lymphatic drainage but major sinus drainage? Am I just odd (ok we know I am) but I get a lot of my sinuses clearing out during my LED sessions and for a while after! Shock Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I have major sinus issues. I wish I felt any type of drainage, but I do not. Sad

Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |