Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think my Lightstim is dying. I noticed that the light didn't seem as bright as usual, and while I was using it the past few sessions, it flickered to its normal brightness a couple of times, but went back to the duller brightness. It also does not feel warm at all like it usually does. I know some people had problems with the cord, and I played with the cord a couple of times, but it didn't affect it. It just seemed to flicker randomly.

I don't want to really waste my time using it if it's not giving the full treatment. The big thing is the warmth I usually feel is absent, which makes me feel something is wrong. I am debating if I should get another one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I think my Lightstim is dying. I noticed that the light didn't seem as bright as usual, and while I was using it the past few sessions, it flickered to its normal brightness a couple of times, but went back to the duller brightness. It also does not feel warm at all like it usually does. I know some people had problems with the cord, and I played with the cord a couple of times, but it didn't affect it. It just seemed to flicker randomly.

I don't want to really waste my time using it if it's not giving the full treatment. The big thing is the warmth I usually feel is absent, which makes me feel something is wrong. I am debating if I should get another one.

Hi RyanA, I don't know if you are interested in buying a used one but Cabrita on the page before this is looking to sell hers/his.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Cookie. I also bought mine slightly used off of Ebay, and it his lasted right at a year, so I may be a little leery of getting another used one. I also have the DPL, but when I got the LS, I stopped using it. I just don't have the patience to sit with it on and do nothing else-can't even watch TV.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
msjulia wrote:
Quote:
We also have replaced power supplies free of charge regardless of the warrantee period (including shipping charges).
Best wishes,
Steve Marchese, CEO - LightStim

Hmm. When I had to replace my Lightstim's power supply a few weeks ago (for the same reasons cited by other EDS users), Lightstim charged me $15 for the adapter and $12.32 for shipping. That's a grand total of $27.32 for a power supply that Steve claims to replace free of charge.

I wouldn't be happy about that - I see this problem as a fault with the device. There are plenty of other devices which have a similar power cord but we don't have to use them with an extension cord. I would email Steve, mention this thread, and complain.

Apparently, I have the power cord problems too. The device, which I bought in 2009 (and use not so often), is still going strong - when the power works. But I have to slide the cord's jack around the device's plughole to get a connection. The connection often stays on for the three minutes, but it is almost always lost when I move the device. Just the slightest movement, and I usually lose power and have to jiggle things to get it going again. Danielle at customer service says I need the new cord. Should I cough up the $28 for a new cord when it seems like a the problem is the contact between the device and the cord? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:

That sounds to me like a device that perhaps was dropped by the previous owner??? Like something has loosened.

I don't think you should use it if it "flickers". You don't want to get a shock if it shorts out.. Shock

Even my 6 year old LED is as bright as when I got it. (I clean the diodes about every 3rd use, with a bit of alcohol/water.)

Maybe you should just go back to the DPL and see how that goes for a while. At least that treatment can be done in 1/3rd the time.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I was just given a lightstim for my birthday! My friend bought one for herself, used it a handful of times and then shelved it for a year -- she knew I wanted one so surprised me Smile

I've used it for just over 2weeks and suddenly I am having power cord problems - -I don't mind so much, but I guess at some point i'll tire of it and purchase the new cord...

I do love this gadget -
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
I was just given a lightstim for my birthday! My friend bought one for herself, used it a handful of times and then shelved it for a year -- she knew I wanted one so surprised me Smile

I've used it for just over 2weeks and suddenly I am having power cord problems - -I don't mind so much, but I guess at some point i'll tire of it and purchase the new cord...

I do love this gadget -

Moongoddess- there have been some other EDS members that have had problems with their power cords. You can contact Steve at LightStim. He may just send you another one. I don't know his email address or last name but I'm sure someone here does. It is in this thread somewhere but I don't know where.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

I do love this gadget -

I'd start here...

http://www.lightstim.com/support.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Leigh wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm seriously considering purchasing this for my 33 year old skin for mostly ageing prevention. I'd like to see if it could help my prematurely hollowed tear troughs! Could people in my age group share how this has helped them?

I too am interested in EDS members' experience with LS and hollowed tear throughs... Has anyone seen any improvement?
Also, does it pair well with facial exercises?
Thank you in advance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ladies Smile

fitgineer - don't know about tear troughs - but this would be a great compliment to facial exercise - I think most things are...
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

ETA: LED's are in use to treat macular degeneration, so that makes me feel comfortable using it in the eye area. Of course I keep my eye closed, but I put that sucker right over the entire eye. (Not telling folks to follow suit, just sharing what I've done all these years.)

Lol, Kassy, after seeing this the other day I started closing my eye and placing the LightStim directly over my eye. I'd like to get the light into that area, you think it's safe? Notice any benefits?
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I heard some time ago that it was coming to QVC in UK can't see it so far, has anyone else heard this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Zelda, I had heard this a long while back (2 or 3 years?), but I decided to buy my Lightstim direct - I just didn't want to wait, as my skin was getting quite thin at that time, so paid lots of ££s (and the duty Sad )and have been very pleased with it - if I take a pinch of flesh on my cheek, it has a really satisfying chunky feel now Very Happy (I subsequently also discovered facial massage which I now add in as well - every little helps!). I am really surprised if it hasn't been on QVC yet!
Lididen

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Toby wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Somewhere in cyber space I posted a green/white tea spritz/toner, was it here at EDS? If not, let me know and I'll post the recipe later (or tomorrow)...

LED treatments are only as good as the protocol you use with it;

IMHO, of course!

Oh goody! Very Happy

I'll be darned, but I just don't know where the he!! it's posted...Not a problem though, because I made up a new batch a few days ago, and I'm liking this (bit different recipe) better... This is perfect for not only LED treatments, but for 'spritzing' throughout the day as well. (We need all the help we can get fending off the free radicals produced by UV exposure, and this 'spritz' will do that.) In fact I'm liking it so much that I have switched my vitamin C use to beddy-bye time, so I can enjoy this during the day.

8oz PRE LED/POST SUN EXPOSURE GREEN/WHITE TEA SPRITZ

-7 1/2 oz distilled water
-2 MSM caplule contents (Opti-MSM recommended)
-2 ml/cc white tea extract A full dropper is 1 ml/cc. See ingredients below
-3 ml/cc green tea extract
-2 ml/cc hydrolyzed wheat protein This is not the same as wheat protein oil!
-2 ml/cc sodium PCA (great humectant!)
-2 ml/cc licorice root extract (nice for those with hyperpigmentation!)
-2 ml/cc algae extract (nice subtle skin tightener along with skin benefits!)
-1.7 ml/cc optiphen (preservative) This will assure potency and stability of actives for several weeks
-***optional***For those who use CP Serum, it's a wonderful addition to this especially if your using it pre LED treatment. Rather than incorporating it into the 8oz spritz, just put your few drops of CP's in the palm of your hand, and add a squirt or two of spritz to it, then apply. (Supposedly copper peptides increase collagen synthesis by 60%, and there is now a couple of studies that prove a synergy when used in conjunction with LED treatments.)

All ingredients are water soluble, so just add everything into an ounce or so of the distilled water, stir well, put in 8oz spritz bottle, and fill to the top with distilled water. I keep mine in fridge for added stability, and well, it just feels nice to have a cool spritz throughout the day.

I've read some info here and there that both white and green tea, when applied after sun exposure, can neutralize the free radicals generated by UV exposure... (Thus my decision to use this throughout the day, and leave my C serum regimes for nighty-night.)

For pre LED use, just spritz liberally on clean exfoliated skin, massage in, and do your treatment when your skin is dry to the touch.

The finished spritz looks much like tea, feels nice + absorbs quickly. You can follow it up with moisturizer (if needed) and makeup... Just don't use this at the same time as vitamin C serum.

White Tea Extract Ingredients;

(99% polyphenols, 60% EGCG), Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, natural peach flavor, magnasweet (licorice root), citrus extract, luo han guo (glycoside/often used as sugar substitute, made from fruit).

My first post! Anxious Can tretinoin be applied after this spritz and if yes, how long between the two applications? Thank you!
VirginiaWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ryan A, I would also sell mine to you.

Basically I dont know what to do, I bought AALS after all the great reviews on this forum and received it 2 months ago. I saw overall the peaches and cream complexion everyone is talking about in the large majority of my face but in certain areas around my eyes and around my nose where my skin is fragile I would see red raised welts. So first I made sure to hold my light stim very carefully and gently in those areas but still got the welts then I decided to avoid the areas all together but somehow it seems AALS makes my skin react as despite not going near those areas I would still get hives, like some kind of allergic reaction.
After using it I often get a fizzing sensation in my nasal passages (even though I dont use it on my nose) then after that red welts appear around my nose and or on my upper cheek bones even though, again I dont use AALS in these areas.

I am so sad because I do love the overall peaches and cream I get but the raised welts just are not bearable. I think my skin is too reactive.
I know others with sensitive skin have had this problem, like jasminerosey.
naturebella
5% products discount

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I joined this forum a few weeks ago after discovering it when I was looking to buy the AALS about 3 months ago, I lurked for a very long time before joining. Now I joined I wanted to add my two cents to this thread, I hesitated joining and writing until I was sure but I wanted to say that after 3 months of almost daily use of AALS, I take the weekends off, my skin has never looked better!
Lines have smoothed out, my age spots are completely faded out, my overall complexion is just glowing and so even.
I love this machine!
My husband who never notices anything even noted my radiant looks. My best friend asked me if I had had work done!!! But no it was just this device.

It has been the best purchase of my year!!!! No cream nor other device has given me such visible results! I love love love love my AALS.
I reckon if I keep this up at 50 my skin will be even better than in my 40s! WOW!

Thanks for all the ladies who posted here and convinced me to buy this device.
How is your AALsing going???!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Naturebella, I do think the AALS is great for someone who is mid 30s-40s. But, I don't see it as a very effective tool for lifting when you get past that age bracket. Perhaps that is why you are seeing members looking to sell theirs. I am glad you are seeing results with age spots though...I may need to take mine out again and see if it works for me... I'm in my 50s. I am also using the Tria Laser but since it's cold and the heat is on again, I can't seem to stick with it for long because it is a little too drying for my sensitive skin. ARGH.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Naturebella, I do think the AALS is great for someone who is mid 30s-40s. But, I don't see it as a very effective tool for lifting when you get past that age bracket. Perhaps that is why you are seeing members looking to sell theirs. I am glad you are seeing results with age spots though...I may need to take mine out again and see if it works for me... I'm in my 50s. I am also using the Tria Laser but since it's cold and the heat is on again, I can't seem to stick with it for long because it is a little too drying for my sensitive skin. ARGH.

Hi aprile, I don't think anyone at any age should expect the LS to help with lifting. It sure does make a difference in your skin though. I just used mine again after a couple weeks off. I'm amazed at how soft my skin is after a treatment. This device has immediate soothing effects on my skin. Between using the PICO,US,and FE, I have a hard time fitting the LS in. Smile I hear you about the heat drying out your skin. This is the first winter this has happened to me and I'm having a hard time dealing with it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
LED treatments work more on the surface skin, than the underlying foundation... Sure, the treatments increase ATP, which does account for a bit of plumping and firmness, but the real magic is in what it does for the look and feel of the skin.

I've been using my LED's for 6 years, and between that and a very basic DIY product regime, my skin is really in fantastic shape.

The AALS was the very best device purchase I made. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Trust me when I tell you this; I wouldn't be in my 6th year of using it, if it didn't work.

For those interested, I'm in my 60's.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
naturebella
5% products discount

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy I agree, AALS makes the texture of my skin absolutely amazing! It just looks so smooth, radiant and luminous. And as I mentioned it really helps get rid of age-spots!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Okay just took out my AALS again ... havent' used it in a very long time. I will add that I used it with ASG, BUT the results were added fullness to the lower part of the face, which I really need. I decided take it out again after watching one of Christine Byer's microcurrent Youtubes... She incorporates a lot of different modalities when treating her clients and lightstim is one of them. Aprile Very Happy
naturebella
5% products discount

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile! Great welcome back to the AALS band wagon.
I just received my second lovely AALS I bought it off of ebay- as I could not afford another full price one- I did this to save on time doing treatments, as suggested, I think it was by Kassy, this way I sit in front of the TV, do both sides at once and am done in no time at all and radiant! I have seen increase in volume, smoother skin, much fewer wrinkles since using AALS so I am hooked!!!

There are some great deals still on ebay on AALS for example this one http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ANTI-AGEING-LIGHT-STIM-FOR-WRINKLES-/271342424320?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3f2d44d100

I bought mine for slightly more, wish I had seen this one on sale before! But am still happy this is my Xmas present to me= perfect skin!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Okay just took out my AALS again ... havent' used it in a very long time. I will add that I used it with ASG, BUT the results were added fullness to the lower part of the face, which I really need. I decided take it out again after watching one of Christine Byer's microcurrent Youtubes... She incorporates a lot of different modalities when treating her clients and lightstim is one of them. Aprile Very Happy

I love LED. I just did a few quick new videos about the power of LED. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1dX1mUSAKEsOXa4a3_vvqCiRFSL6oR6G

Cheers,
Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Leigh wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm seriously considering purchasing this for my 33 year old skin for mostly ageing prevention. I'd like to see if it could help my prematurely hollowed tear troughs! Could people in my age group share how this has helped them?

I too am interested in EDS members' experience with LS and hollowed tear throughs... Has anyone seen any improvement?
Also, does it pair well with facial exercises?
Thank you in advance.

For tear troughs try: dermarolling, microcurrent, Microphototherapy, ultrasound. Or I would combine LED with dermarolling for a better result. Or even cross tissue massage (lightly) of the bottom of the orbicularis oris (circular eye muscle) combined with LED. Or lastly, clever disguise with concealer, a shade lighter than your skin tone, can work. Goss makeup artist on youtube has a great video on just that.

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
Anne5899
5% products discount

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Can any of you ladies who use both the ASG and Micrcurrent advise me on their combined use. I have been using the Pico Toner (only Microcurrent device I have ever used) for around 6 months and I have recently purchased the ASG (started using it 3days ago) and I just wondered how you would combine it with the Pico gloves and probes. If using both, would you need to spray before using each of "tools"? So far I have been using 5 sprays before Pico then another 5 sprays before making up then again before bed. Does this seem about right? One more question, does it REALLY improve the results of Microcurrent?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |