Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
Scored an Omnilux New U on eBay Very Happy Now I will just have to alternate sides between the AALS & Omnilux.

I've found that the Lightstim is working brilliantly with the Tria.

Nice how much did you pay for your New U if you don't mind me asking?

I love the New U, it's in my opinion just as good as the Lightstim. I went crazy and also ordered the Perricone LED, which is a clone of the Omnilux just silver in color, brand new used once for 60$!

That's two Lightstims and two Omnilux! But now I can treat my face in such short time!!

How do you use the Tria with LS? Tria in am, lightstim pm?
Becst*r
5% products discount

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I paid $70 for it Smile I'm pretty happy with the price as all the others I see are asking around $220-$240. I haven't researched this, but is the Omnilux now discontinued? I read it on one of the eBay posts.

I'm using Lightstim in the morning and the Tria at night. Only because I'm doing level 3 on the Tria and my face is a bit red, so I do it just before bed. If my face is still a bit red in the morning the Lightstim seems to calm it down.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
I paid $70 for it Smile I'm pretty happy with the price as all the others I see are asking around $220-$240. I haven't researched this, but is the Omnilux now discontinued? I read it on one of the eBay posts.

I'm using Lightstim in the morning and the Tria at night. Only because I'm doing level 3 on the Tria and my face is a bit red, so I do it just before bed. If my face is still a bit red in the morning the Lightstim seems to calm it down.

$70 is a pretty good deal. I keep forgetting you're in Australia, here in the US eBay has a bunch of Omnilux for like $60. But 70 is good enough considering they used to retail for well over $300.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's discontinued, you can't find them at any online retailers, all sold out.

I think the Omnilux never took off and stuck around because the treatment is wacky. 20 min a zone 2x a week? In my opinion people bought the device and gave up because the 20 min each zone, so the device never sold well. The Lightstim is 3 min a zone 5 times a week, which in my opinion is easier to maintain and stick to.

I use my Omnilux similar to the Lightstim protocol, I use it for like 5-6 min each zone about 5 days a week, and I feel that since I've used it I have seen improvement, so I believe this device is just as good as the Lightstim, and when you get it you'll see how bright it is, don't look at it directly!

Let us know when you get it and how you feel about it.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Got my Perricone LED...completely unused Smile Did my face 2x already with the Omnilux on 1 side, Perricone on the other. 5 minutes each zone, did my whole face in under 20 minutes. It's REALLY nice having two. Doing your face in half the time is so convenient. The only thing that sucks is it doesn't give you a free hand and makes it difficult (depending on the zone you're treating) to watch TV. However, I just put on some music and relax while I'm doing it. My facial skin looks so great since I've been using LED again. It has really whitened and evened it out again. 20 minutes each zone, 5x a day...so easy to maintain this protocol. And seeing results give you that extra push to keep going. I hope my 4 LED devices last forever...if they don't I'll just keep buying them. Smile
longbowgilly
5% products discount

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

This is my first post after lurking here for quite a while.
The Lightstim for wrinkles has been on tv and I am going to order one but I am wondering if it will help with the aging skin on my upper arms, I am 54 and am starting to get the thinning happening on my arms, I am doing weight training to keep the muscle but the skin is looking a bit old!
I want to keep things as simple as possible and am hoping the Lightstim will help!

Any advice you can give me regarding using it on the body (if it's possible) will be welcome!
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2015 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lomgbowgirly,

So have you tried it on your arms ? If so did it seem to work.

I just got my lightstim. I had been wanting it for years but I could never spend the $ on it. I finally made my mind up.

I took before pics and I'll take some more. I can't wait to see if I have results.

I will stick with a 5 to 7 a week at first. I don't mind taking the time for it at all.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
At 55 with 11s, forehead wrinkles, And lip lines. I bought a DPL led system .I've only been using a week but I'm already feeling foolish that I fell for this treatment. I haven't seen one post of a before and after shot proving led, whatever brand, works. Time to save up for laser treatment instead!
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've spent the last several days reading this thread from the very beginning I'm only on page 30 but some users have mentioned brown spots showing up. This is my 4th week using this device daily and this morning what I thought to be fuzz on my face from sleeping were actual brown freckles around my nl line. I'm freaked out. I don't know where my user manual is but I remember something about a sensitivity test. I didn't really do one but my skin wasn't showing signs until now. Anyone else have this problem?? Will it go away? Yikes.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
pinknika wrote:
I've spent the last several days reading this thread from the very beginning I'm only on page 30 but some users have mentioned brown spots showing up. This is my 4th week using this device daily and this morning what I thought to be fuzz on my face from sleeping were actual brown freckles around my nl line. I'm freaked out. I don't know where my user manual is but I remember something about a sensitivity test. I didn't really do one but my skin wasn't showing signs until now. Anyone else have this problem?? Will it go away? Yikes.

I already have light freckling, I have since I was a kid, although they've faded as I've gotten older. I remember some people saying that brown spots may appear, but only because they are being pulled out from the deeper layers of skin. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think this is the lightstim correcting sun damage!
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
pinknika wrote:

I already have light freckling, I have since I was a kid, although they've faded as I've gotten older. I remember some people saying that brown spots may appear, but only because they are being pulled out from the deeper layers of skin. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think this is the lightstim correcting sun damage!

Please please please let it just be that! It never occurred to me brown spots could be pulled out from under the skin, I'm not sure if that's possible but I sure hope that's what it is. I'm hoping others have some insight.
akami
5% products discount

Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I also heard that it pulls the spots out to the surface and then they vanish. So hopefully! Also, maybe trying a green light would be good if it isn't going away with the red? The green is supposed to be specifically for hyperpigmantation.

I see that AALS is very popular here and lots are having good success with it. I have a baby quasar that I stopped using because I was getting scared it was making me look worse, but in a non-specific way, no spots or drying, just felt like I looked tired, gaunt, less firm maybe.

I am preparing to give it another shot, because it could have been unrelated and I hope it works for me too. I think I will prep my skin with green or white tea before, since I remember reading that was even more effective and there was some concern that there may be some free radical production with the infrared light? That is a bit concerning to me since there were some studies showing that it may have a negative effect too (I think only the infrared range but don't all of these LED devices have that too?).

Anyone thinks that AALS is better/more effective than quasar? Or are they about the same and similar in action?
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
akami wrote:
I also heard that it pulls the spots out to the surface and then they vanish. So hopefully! Also, maybe trying a green light would be good if it isn't going away with the red? The green is supposed to be specifically for hyperpigmantation.

I see that AALS is very popular here and lots are having good success with it. I have a baby quasar that I stopped using because I was getting scared it was making me look worse, but in a non-specific way, no spots or drying, just felt like I looked tired, gaunt, less firm maybe.

I am preparing to give it another shot, because it could have been unrelated and I hope it works for me too. I think I will prep my skin with green or white tea before, since I remember reading that was even more effective and there was some concern that there may be some free radical production with the infrared light? That is a bit concerning to me since there were some studies showing that it may have a negative effect too (I think only the infrared range but don't all of these LED devices have that too?).

Anyone thinks that AALS is better/more effective than quasar? Or are they about the same and similar in action?

You've also heard that too? That's good maybe that's what it is. But the weird thing that now one of the freckles has a small red dot in the middle of it. I've seen this before on other parts of my body. I'm almost thinking it's the beginning of a brown spot or mole formation.

I haven't heard of the green light. What is this light you speak of? And I've never treated my face with something like a serum or toner before doing the lighstim, other than their collagen serum. I've heard a little about it, do you mind showing me the posts? Or tell me what to search. If LEDs do do radical damage, I want to be protected!

Sorry I don't know anything about the quasar. I'm sure lots of people on this forum do tho.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Is there an old time member who can please tell me if there is a difference between the current LS many of us got and the newer one for wrinkles? I remember they marketed the original for wrinkles, sun damage, collagen, etc AND for pain. Now it looks like they have separated the two. I called them years ago and the customer service person said the old one was not as effective for the skin issues and the new one is better. Did the old one have amber light? I just called them yesterday and got transferred to someone who sounded like she might know what she was talking about and she said the old LS is the same as the wrinkle unit.Does anyone know the truth about this? Thank you.
akami
5% products discount

Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
pinknika, I have to dig up the thread where the green tea extract in combo with LED was discussed. That is also where some members brought up some studies where it said the light can generate some free radicals. There was also a study that when LED was done with green tea extract, the results were much more dramatic than the LED alone and I assume it also hopefully protects against possible free radicals that may get generated during the treatment.

I know it made be a bit concerned to read those studies showing free radical production because 99% of what I ever read about LED is only positive, how it is totally safe and it is used even in medical field to treat all kinds of issues. So I was frustrated to say the least, it made me feel as if nothing is totally safe, that maybe everything has the potential to harm. I also recently read (can't remember where)that we should also protect ourselves from natural infrared light, it said in the 800s range I think, because it was found to potentially cause damage just like UV. So confusing, with all the infrared saunas, massage devices etc...that have always been shown to do great things, like detox, heal tissue, pain etc...so this has been very confusing to me.

Green light is just in different range and not as common in devices. I bought a cheaper LED before my Quasar (by Sirious I think) and what I liked was it had 3 interchangeable attachs, red, green and blue, green supposed to treat hyperpigmantation, blue acne, and red for general anti-aging (although red is supposed to for spots too).
Oldfield
5% products discount

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I just recently took notice of the Lightstim and read tons of reviews. What puzzles me is that there seem do be a lot of people, imo too much, who claim to have used it properly but havn`t seen any effect at all. How can this be?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I think you have be realistic with any device as to what it can and cant do, and each case is unique. So for many people, who take care of themselves etc, if they start using the lightstim and haven’t got a lot of damage to reverse or wrinkles etc, and are pretty healthy then the device won’t give dramatic results, although it will produce results of some sort that just may not be immediately visible. The LED lights tend to work deep down, so it takes time to show up. I read one time a poster complaining that she used it for a week and saw nothing so stopped and thought it was a rip off – yet when people started asking her questions about her goals etc and where she was starting from, she got so defensive and argumentative. What was revealed was that she did use it for a week consistently but only 5 minutes at a time and not in the same place, so of course you can imagine that’s no where near consistent enough to get results, but she had the unrealistic expectation of thinking the device could remodel her entire face from using it in one area each time for only a week. That’s completely unrealistic. I’ve also read about teenagers using LEDs and complaining. And note we’re not talking about the acne LEDs but antiaging ones and complaining that they didn’t have results. Again its about being realistic.

Also with people, if they are only using the lightstim and not eating right or working late nights, then the device can only do so much. So you got to be a bit of a detective with any reviews. That’s one of the things I love about EDS – you can find out so much information from users and they are willing to share.
Oldfield wrote:
I just recently took notice of the Lightstim and read tons of reviews. What puzzles me is that there seem do be a lot of people, imo too much, who claim to have used it properly but havn`t seen any effect at all. How can this be?
Oldfield
5% products discount

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:04 am      Reply with quote
The people I was talking about wrote in their reviews that they were using it over the recommended 8 weeks with no visable effect. Unfortunately there were lots of them. To me it seems that the working / not working ratio is 50/50 with this device.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Okay so they were using it recommended 8 weeks doesn't always mean they followed all the guidelines. Likewise it doesn't say anything about the person using it, what their agig issues are etc. For example, I read one review that put me off LEDs where the woman used it for 6 months and saw no change at all. Then she revealed she had divorced and had to relocate in a short space of time and that when she saw her friends they inquired whether she had been on vacation - and that woman was in her 60's yet to her she said there was no change. So results wise it really is dependent on so many factors.

If you look anything antiaging wise you will usually see a 50/50 ratio - even with topicals with scientific studies. Retin A for example has over 30 years worth of research yet you can always read people having adverse reactions. Take facial exercises too. Sadly no product is 100% guaranteed.
Oldfield wrote:
The people I was talking about wrote in their reviews that they were using it over the recommended 8 weeks with no visable effect. Unfortunately there were lots of them. To me it seems that the working / not working ratio is 50/50 with this device.
Oldfield
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your answer! Still rather strange that this seems to be more of a hit or miss thing. But nevertheless I ordered a used LS from Ebay and will see what happens. I'll keep you informed Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Everything in the world of antiaging can be seen to be hit/miss. Depends on where you start from, what your goals are, and not to mention lifestyle etc. Ebay I’ve heard some mixed feedback from people who have bought their LSs so just check the packaging etc when you get yours. Whilst it may be cheaper – it doesn’t mean you are always going to get the real thing.
Oldfield wrote:
Thanks for your answer! Still rather strange that this seems to be more of a hit or miss thing. But nevertheless I ordered a used LS from Ebay and will see what happens. I'll keep you informed Smile
Oldfield
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello TheresaMary,
now you've got me thinking. It never came to my mind that there's a chance of buying a fake LS. I'm quite naive apparently Wink
I just had a look on the photos of the LS that I bought from Ebay US. What differs from other LS is that there is a pressed in CE symbol under the power switch, which none of the LS I've seen had. Also the printed "wrinkles" is grey and not purple. So I'm a bit worried that the one I bought might not be the real deal and might even be ineffective.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I’m no expert, but I know a few people paid for things on ebay and were duped because they got copy products that didn’t deliver. One even went on to buy an official LS and she said she could feel a difference from the first use. You may be lucky. I don’t know enough about the devices/copies to be able to distinguish. Hopefully someone more in the know can pop along and help you.
Oldfield wrote:
Hello TheresaMary,
now you've got me thinking. It never came to my mind that there's a chance of buying a fake LS. I'm quite naive apparently Wink
I just had a look on the photos of the LS that I bought from Ebay US. What differs from other LS is that there is a pressed in CE symbol under the power switch, which none of the LS I've seen had. Also the printed "wrinkles" is grey and not purple. So I'm a bit worried that the one I bought might not be the real deal and might even be ineffective.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Oldfield wrote:
Hello TheresaMary,

There is an older model LS, and a new version with different handle and different branding. Also, I believe the older Lightstim has the CE under the switch. I do believe you have the OLDER model, which was called "Anti-Aging Lightstim" the new one is called "Lightstim for Wrinkles", essentially it's the same, I believe the handle was just redesigned and also the diodes on the newer model are more recessed into the handle. I actually originally owned the original AALS (Anti Aging Lightstim) but ended up returning it, and then buying a new version years later, second hand, on eBay. They seem similar, if I remember correctly the old version seemed to get warmer.

http://s299.photobucket.com/user/shutterbug2112/media/Lightstim%20LED/LSLEDs003.jpg.html

That pic shows the difference between the heads of the new and old devices. New is on left, old is on right.

There are cheaply made LED devices, but I dont think I've ever seen a Lightstim knock-off. I dont think there are actual Lightstim knock-offs that have their name on it, if it has Lightstim on it, it's a Lightstim.
Oldfield
5% products discount

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies!

Actually, it says in grey on the back "Lightstim for wrinkles" . With the engraved CE under the switch. Maybe someone can confirm if this is an official edition of it. Cheers Smile
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oldfield wrote:
Thank you ladies!

Actually, it says in grey on the back "Lightstim for wrinkles" . With the engraved CE under the switch. Maybe someone can confirm if this is an official edition of it. Cheers Smile

Ok, then you have the new version, the original was called Anti-Aging Lightstim, if your handle says "Lightstim for Wrinkles" it's the newer version. Smile Mine must have the CE engraved too I just cant remember, I do remember the CE but couldn't remember if it was on the new or old, maybe both. I haven't used mine in months since I've moved, it's actually still packed away in a box. I should bust it out and should do some treatments! I discontinued using it for now, because I have been doing ReAura treatments and microneedling before that. Even though red LED is okay to use with nearly any other skin treatment, I usually like to be easy on my skin and do one device at a time.

Again though, going by your description, your Lightstim is ABSOLUTELY legitimate, its not a knock off, its the real thing, so don't worry!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |