Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Great Pictures Kassy ...!!
Thank you for sharing them with us...I am keeping the light for now...Thanks
slh
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I agree your pictures look great. I can see the improvement and your skin looks so tone and firmed. I know you said you have been using for a year but at what point did you really start to see improvement?
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
Wow! I definitely see a big improvement. Thanks for sharing your progress with us!

Kim Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 am      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
Kassy - I agree your pictures look great. I can see the improvement and your skin looks so tone and firmed. I know you said you have been using for a year but at what point did you really start to see improvement?

I'm now just at the 16 month mark. I started in Sept 07 with the Original LightStim, and then got the AALS in Feb 08..

In a nutshell, as best I recall at this late hour before signing off, here's a summary;

- From day one my skin was softer

- Week one saw additional softness and improvement in color/tone

- One month saw a continued improvement in all the above

- Five months after starting, came the AALS, and the first time I used it, I saw an immediate improvement in my very sundamaged neck/chest

- Sixth month (1 month with AALS) intensified all of the improvements noted above, and also erased all the broken caps on my cheeks and chin. Things began to firm up nicely.

- Eighth month I noticed significant tightness and firmness in my cheeks, eyes + jawline... And all remnants of the significant sun damage I had from the age of 16 was completely gone. Pores are smaller than they ever were in my life. Another wierd thing is that although I never had anything more than a hormonal breakout now and then, I haven't even had 1 pimple in the last 8 months. Not a one! (Could have something to do with my serums though also..)

- Since then, the improvements continue but are more subtle, because I really don't have anything skin wise left to correct. But of course being 59, I am just happy to keep the sagging at bay .. Embarassed So actually seeing so much improvement there, has me doing my happy dance ... Dancing Dancing Dancing ... I don't know about other LED's, but what I do know, is that the AALS works on sag, and really increases that collagen and elastin.

I wish I were better with the camera, because the pictures just really don't do justice to just how incredibly good my skin looks and feels. It really is quite amazing, especially when you consider that I have been a smoker for 45 years.. Shock

Okay kiddies, have to get my beauty sleep ... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your pics Kassy, I love it when you can actually see results rather than just hear about them.
A wonderful improvement for sure.
I do believe I'll be getting an AALS after I've used the Stop for a few weeks, as I doubt the Stop will do anything for the sundamaged look to my chest, and obviously the LED will.
I can't wait to start. Very Happy
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Yeah! Pics! I love em....especially when you see results like that....

I would totally agree with Kassy on the time line of her results....softness since day one, about a week in to it had this lovely all over glow with the softness. One month after I still have the softness, this great glow and have seen improvement in texture and coloring. I don't really notice a huge difference in my pore size myself, but my coworker who I see 2 days a week says she sees a big reduction in size around my nose. I use Green Cream as well and that is supposed to help with pore size too...

I really love my Stim and can say now I wont be returning it after the 3 months....and this is simply due to the fact that the collagen and firmness improvement for Kassy came later and I am in it for the long haul just to get some of that boost further down the line....and of course, I love what I see thus far and don't want to go without my buttery softness and glow that I have become accustomed to!! ha ha....Will be getting the STOP as well in a few weeks, and I do believe that those 2 working together will be a formidable combo....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
slh
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Kassy - Thanks for sharing the time frame you saw your results. It is so encouraging to see actual pictures.
smgord
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to update on my acne light mini-drama. I used the light again last night, following Steve's advice not to press so hard, and avoiding the areas I somehow damaged on Sunday, and everything was fine. I did not realize I was pressing the bulbs so hard into my skin! This time, they were still touching, but I didn't have a zillion bulb dents in my face after!

Steve is sending a new one in case this one runs too hot, but I really think this one is OK. My only criticism of this whole experience (so far) is that more detailed instructions would have really been helpful. But now I feel like I know what I'm doing.

As for results, since I'm looking mostly for the absence of something, rather than any specific change, I think it's going to take a while to assess how well it works. But I'll keep you posted!
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Amazing! The pics are changing my thoughts!I should have a try!
slh
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I use Green Cream as well and that is supposed to help with pore size too.....

Bren - would love to hear more about the Green Cream. I did do a search but didn't find much info. Between your photo's and Kassy's I am sold on the LightStim.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
smgord wrote:
Wanted to update on my acne light mini-drama. I used the light again last night, following Steve's advice not to press so hard, and avoiding the areas I somehow damaged on Sunday, and everything was fine. I did not realize I was pressing the bulbs so hard into my skin! This time, they were still touching, but I didn't have a zillion bulb dents in my face after!

Steve is sending a new one in case this one runs too hot, but I really think this one is OK. My only criticism of this whole experience (so far) is that more detailed instructions would have really been helpful. But now I feel like I know what I'm doing.

As for results, since I'm looking mostly for the absence of something, rather than any specific change, I think it's going to take a while to assess how well it works. But I'll keep you posted!

Really interested in hearing what your results are. I have had my eye on that blue light for awhile but want to hear how much it helps others first! Keep us posted!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Thanks for sharing your pics Kassy, I love it when you can actually see results rather than just hear about them.
A wonderful improvement for sure.
I do believe I'll be getting an AALS after I've used the Stop for a few weeks, as I doubt the Stop will do anything for the sundamaged look to my chest, and obviously the LED will.I can't wait to start. Very Happy

I am hoping the STOP will increase the firmness, especially around the lower face/jaw areas.. I'm sure that will work quicker!

The LED is nothing short of amazing for the terrible sun damage I had on my neck/chest.. I'm telling you my skin looked and felt awful. So much so, that I never wore anything with a scooped neckline. My chest felt dry, bumpy and disgusting!

I have another old picture I came across that really shows the sag I had in my chin/neck from the front. I have been embarassed to even post it, but I'll put it up later for a short time. (I need to find it on my other computer, and get it in photobucket...Look for it later on today!)

I'm experimenting with a 'new' serum I made to use with the LED, but need to use it a few more times before I share.. Simply because it has oil in it, and I want to be sure it isn't occlusive..

It's wonderful these gadgets we have available at this point in time, to stall (and in some cases) reverse, the aging process.

For you girls 40ish and younger, you can really take advantage of all of this, to preserve your skin, and keep it in optimal condition... It is so much easier to prevent, than to correct!

If I knew back then, what I know now, these would be my holy grail items;

Topicals
Sunscreen
Alpha Hydroxy Acid Souffle (12% on a daily basis)
Retin_A (every other night)
Vitamin A,C,E + Ferulic Serum (4 or 5 days per week)
Antioxident + Beneficial Oil Serum (6 days per week)
1 day off per week from topicals (but definitely reserve this day for a nice mask)

Gadgets

Trust me, I have/had every gadget known to man, but the following are the only ones that worked;

LigthStim Anti-Aging LED (The original is good, and especially nice for treating aches and pains, but the AALS is for beautifying + building collagen + elastin. This has been my personal experience anyway.)

Tua Viso (I've only been using this less than a month, and can see and feel slight improvements already.. I believe the effects will be cumulative, and must be ongoing to *keep* the benefits.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I do, if the "STOP" will be added to this list...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I have another old picture I came across that really shows the sag I had in my chin/neck from the front. I have been embarassed to even post it, but I'll put it up later for a short time...

Okay, I'm too embarassed to post the worst picture, so I'm posting one from 3 months into my LED treatments.. (I'll leave it to your imagination, for exactly how bad it was.. Embarassed )

Suffice it to say, what a difference a year makes.. Very Happy

January 08

January 09

December 08 (I just came across this Dec 08 picture I took outdoors, which shows my coloring more realistic.)

So that's my update Kiddie's.. My camera skills leave much to be desired, but I hope it helps somewhat... Rolling Eyes

ETA: ... I'll be working on the pesky little pouches that remain on the jowls area, when my STOP gets here next week... Dancing

tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Kassy_A"]
Kassy_A wrote:

I have another old picture I came across that really shows the sag I had in my chin/neck from the front. ...
ETA: ... I'll be working on the pesky little pouches that remain on the jowls area, when my STOP gets here next week... Dancing

Wow,Kassy, those pictures really tell the story. Your "new" skin looks so smooth and firm - beautiful! Your chest looks good too, although I can't see it as well. I love my AALS and am seeing similar results six months into it, although I slacked off a bit during the holidays. What I really love about your improvement is how natural it looks - just fresher and younger, like turning back the clock. Now I'm really wanting the STOP. I have droopy jowls and pouches at the mouth corners, so I'm keeping a close eye on STOP reports and look forward to yours. (I wish my son's parakeet would stop landing on my head when I'm typing... Rolling Eyes ) I had really good tightening results with Titan a few years ago but prefer a more economical home approach.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Heart Stopping WOW Kassy!!!!!

Thank you for sharing.

That just gave me incentive to get
with the program. I haven't been using
mine regularly between my jobs and duties.

I'll have to start making time (Period)

What is Alpha Hydroxy Acid Souffle???
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
What is Alpha Hydroxy Acid Souffle???

From product literature:

Alpha Hydrox® AHA Souffle is a powerful natural exfoliant that works to smooth and soften your skin, restoring a younger appearance. The 12% AHA solution improves your skin's texture, elasticity and tone as it intensively nourishes the skin. Peptides and Green Tea work together to prevent free radicals from breaking down the skin, and to preserve your skin's firmness. You will see noticeably softer and more radiant skin from the first application.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

havana8

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
you're a doll to post visual updates for everyone, Kassy.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all of you for saying such nice things..

I'm glad that the pictures are helpful to you all.

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Exactly the reason I am keeping the AAStim around for the long haul!! Awesome results Kassy!! Just as you have stated all along, it is much easier to prevent than correct. I figure if I keep using the Stim as I glide in to my later years, the effects of aging will be slowed down a bit.
Plus, I just love how my skin looks and feels with the Stim...and that is only after using it a little over a month. Once I get my skin firmed up, I am gonna look kick a$$!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Wow Kassy ...I wasn't blown away by the first set of pictures you posted, but in those last face forward shots, the improvements are dramatic!! Ok, I'm looking for the ORDER NOW page. Thanks for displaying your results!!!!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks for posting your photos. I use the BabyQ not Lightstim but you have inspired me to start using it on my neck (Ihaven't because I was trying to stay far away from my thyroid)but now that I see the results one can get, I am inspired to make the effort! Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
wow!!! kassy more pics...great results.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know I've read that the AALS is to be used daily.

But, is it necessary to keep a daily routine continued after using it for a while? Can it be brought down to fewer times per week as a maintenance?

Does anyone use it less frequently than daily and what kind of results are you seeing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Kassy, thanks for posting your photos. I use the BabyQ not Lightstim but you have inspired me to start using it on my neck (Ihaven't because I was trying to stay far away from my thyroid)but now that I see the results one can get, I am inspired to make the effort! Thank you!

Whip that 'baby' out charis, and just avoid the immediate midline lower neck, just above the collar bone.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I know I've read that the AALS is to be used daily.

But, is it necessary to keep a daily routine continued after using it for a while? Can it be brought down to fewer times per week as a maintenance?

Does anyone use it less frequently than daily and what kind of results are you seeing?

Somewhere through these pages, are all my updates regarding use.. In a nutshell, I used it 5 times a week for about the first 6 weeks, then went to 3 or 4 times per week.. Since Mayish, I've used it just 2 or 3 times per week.. I almost always use it for 3 minutes per spot, and do my face, neck, chest and hands.. It takes 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how much overlapping I do..

I believe that really going at it as much as possible for the first 6 to 8 weeks, will give better long term results.

Hope that helps!

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |