Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
There is so much more to LED's than wavelengths.. Did you know that for every wavelength, there are 50 variations of diode quality, ranging from .l cent to .49 cents per diode? The simplest way to figure the actual quality of diode in your product is, what is it's lifespan? All but LightStim (to my knowledge) are the 10,000 hour variety. LightStim is the more expensive 100,000 hour variety. Sure, they might look the same, but that is where the similarity ends. And then the device has to be powered.. It takes little energy to turn the light on, (think of the battery operated devices here), but to actually cause changes to the skin at the cellular level, it needs to have the right energy powering it. And then you have the spacing and arrangement of diodes in the device which really need to be precisely arranged for optimal effect.. Again, to my knowledge, LightStim is the only device that has the different diodes scattered throughout the device head, rather than the typical lines of color all in rows.. Quite an expensive proposition the way LS does it.. Also, the more wavelengths in the device, the more expensive it is, with one color being the easiest + most affordable to manufacture.

That is just a very brief summary on a subject that I have researched to death over the last year and a half..

So to your questions... I have only ever used LS, so I'm not the one to ask if PL's recommended times are really enough to give anyone the same results that I, (and many others) have enjoyed with LS... Rita has said that LED's don't do anything for tightening and firming the skin, so maybe that reflects her devices, I don't know..Also, from a manufacturing standpoint with so many LED's available, shorter treatment times are a definite eye catcher.. But then if it doesn't deliver, people are disappointed. What I do know, is that I, and others, have had significant firming and tightening with LS, and I'm willing to put in the time needed to get that result..After all, more collagen equals tighter/firmer skin, and LS delivers that over time. (I didn't expect it to be a 30 second or 1 minute minute magic wand used once or twice per week, so I wasn't disappointed.)

As far as the *numbers* go, PLP comes the *closest* to AALS... But I also believe that these *variations* is what makes LS superior, and also why LS does it's level best to keep their proprietary information secret. You will have to take my word for it (or not), but LightStim is an outstanding product. With all this said though, I don't have any hesitation to also recommend PLP (and have numerous times), to people who don't have as much time to devote to an LED (But again, I haven't used it personally, so can't confirm if 1 minute TX is effective.) As far as Quasar goes, I don't feel comfortable recommending it at all for 2 reasons.. 1. they advertise 630nm as "amberish", when it is clealy 'red'.. 2. From all I have researched 'pulsing' is a gimmick in an LED, and only worthwhile in a true laser.

You might be surprised to know how many LED manufacturers have actually bought LS products, for the sole purpose of reverse engineering them.. None have been successful so far!

Oh yes, I have sure done my homework on LED's, and find it all very fascinating! And oh yes, all roads lead me back to LightStim.. I am a 100% fan, and would have no qualms about purchasing any LED they produce.

I got carried away here, and hope I have answered your questions.. Confused

Please don't anybody get mad at me, I am only sharing what I've learned about LED's.. I have no ulterior motives, and nothing to gain one way or the other..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
prettyarmor
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy for all the time and attention you have given this matter--as a result from hours of continuous research I just purchased the AALS.

I got my first treatment from the Omnilux Revive at the doctor's office today. It's $500.00 for 5 session and he told me today it was all red lights--I was under the impression it was red and infared...

Nonetheless I need an at home alternative to maintain my results.

My problems are premature aging due to excessive sun exposure in trying to control my psoriasis over the years. I stumbled across this LED tx from my doctor and it piqued my interest because I was wanting to try something like this for the accelerated aging anyway and if it takes care of psoriasis too...then wow. This is definitely something I will invest my time, effort and money in to.

Thanks to everyone for helping me explore this.

I will report and post pictures of my results Smile
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

What exactly are you wanting to see my dear? I'll try to accomodate you.. Very Happy I just can't put my buddies face back up there for all the world to see.. Laughing

Oh nothing in particular Kassy. I just wanted to see this lovely glowing skin of yours that Riley spoke of. And I know that the AALS and your DIY's are the only things to account for it. It'll be a couple more months before I'll be able to get my own AALS, and I can't wait.
It's no problem at all, I'll wait for another pic to pop up at some stage. And I'll be ready for it... Smile
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I had a glycolic peel on my chest last week that went horribly wrong. My chest was burned pretty bad.
I went to a dermatologist today, she said she didn't think I would scar, but I neeeded a topical antibiotic for a couple of weeks. She said she wanted to recommend a treatment, but didn't know anyone in the area who had one. I asked what she was talking about, she said she wished she had an LED device, it would help with the redness and would help my chest heal faster. I told her I owned a LightStim, she told me to use it twice a day on dry clean skin, she said it would really make a difference in the speed of healing my chest.
She raved about LED devices. It was good to hear a LED recommendation from a dermatologist.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I received my Light Stim last night. Yey! Now I have a few questions. I haven't used it yet. I do not have any HA to use. So I don't want to put a cream on my face and have the first treatment be worthless because the light can't get through. So is it ok to use on bare skin until I get the proper HA?
Also, I'm concerned about the eye area. Of course I want to treat the area around my eyes, but just how close can I get? Maybe stay on the temples and top of cheek bones? Or can I go closer on the undereye area? I'm scared to do my upper lids.

Could this light benefit saggy, old old knees!! I know the sagging won't go away, but maybe help a little. So I guess it's safe to use there. (lots of questions, sorry) And what about the Thyroid area? I'm not even sure where mine is, so do I just avoid the front of my neck?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on your LED purchase, I'm sure you will love it!

Don't worry about using anything.. It's fine to use on bare skin. When you do want to use a product, just be sure it isn't occlusive.. There is a thread for what to use with LS in particular, and I posted suggesstions there, as well as here.

I use mine all around the eye area, avoiding only the actual eyeball. So upper entire brow bone, and right up under the lower lid. I just keep my eye closes while doing it.

I use my original LS on my dreaded knees for pain, but haven't noticed any change there skin wise. It's safe to use anywhere, so go for it! Only avoid the eyeballs and the thyroid. The thyroid is located at the midline base of your neck, just above the collarbone. Some folks can visualise it, when flexing the neck muscles. It will look kind of like a butterfly shape. Just avoid the whole middle lower neck, and you'll be fine.

Drink a glass of water before and after your treatment, and steam your clean face with a hot washcloth prior to your treatment.. I also swear by exfoliation with a microfiber cloth prior, which removes the dead skin cells, that can impede the light penetrating.

Take pictures and feel your face before you use it.. You will feel a very different skin from your very 1st time! Start out aggressively, using the light at least 5 times per week, for a full 3 minutes at every spot.. The time it takes, is well worthwhile!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethann
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
EEEKS !! I know I pressed the LightStim too firmly into my face. On my right cheekbone I have a gagillion little red dents! Someone please tell me this will go away! Creases and dents on my face and body always take forever to go away. (dehydrated maybe?) But I hope these LightStim dents are temporary. I placed a very warm wet washcloth over the area - did nothing. Any one else ever experience this?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethann wrote:
EEEKS !! I know I pressed the LightStim too firmly into my face. On my right cheekbone I have a gagillion little red dents! Someone please tell me this will go away! Creases and dents on my face and body always take forever to go away. (dehydrated maybe?) But I hope these LightStim dents are temporary. I placed a very warm wet washcloth over the area - did nothing. Any one else ever experience this?

LOL!

No need to press, just place the head with lights touching..

It will go away in a couple of hours.. I get them on my forehead all the time.

You have now been initiated.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

What exactly are you wanting to see my dear? I'll try to accomodate you.. Very Happy I just can't put my buddies face back up there for all the world to see.. Laughing

Oh nothing in particular Kassy. I just wanted to see this lovely glowing skin of yours that Riley spoke of. And I know that the AALS and your DIY's are the only things to account for it. It'll be a couple more months before I'll be able to get my own AALS, and I can't wait.
It's no problem at all, I'll wait for another pic to pop up at some stage. And I'll be ready for it... Smile

LOL! Here ya go little Mishey, head to toe just for you.. (Taken on the big 59 last month).

bethann
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
So glad to be a member of the club! LOL

Kassy, woman, you rock! Wow, I hope I look that good at 59, which is 5 years from now. I've lived my whole life in the south, so sun exposure was huge. I am paying for it now, my chest and neck look all spotted, along with the dreaded chicken skin. I'm on the fence about what HA to use. I really want the plumping and hydration.

I'll post some pics sometime when I get the guts. I'd love for someone to say, do this for that problem and do this for that...

I have never been faithful about taking care of my skin. But now I realize I have to buckle down. The past 3 years or so of menopause have wrecked havoc on my face. Unreal the changes!

Dents are still there - but I won't give up on the LightStim. I'll just keep my distance, so to speak!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethann, I can relate to everything you wrote, especially the dreaded menopause and living in the South..

I also was a carbon copy of what you wrote about the blotchy chicken skin on the chest and neck.. You'll be happy to know, that that very issue was the 1st to go with the LED.

Don't get all flustered about using serums.. Just make something simple up yourself with HA, green tea, matrixyl and distilled water.. If you are a CP (copper peptide) user, that is working well for some folks also. Just keep it simple!

tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethann wrote:

Yes, I did that once or twice in the beginning and yes, they will go away shortly. Don't worry, be happy! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
bethann wrote:

Yes, I did that once or twice in the beginning and yes, they will go away shortly. Don't worry, be happy! Smile

Into my third month, and STILL this happens to me. I must press very firmly because I look like a carpet pad when I am finished. Did it again just today. Smile They do indeed go away and seem to not be harmful.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy...you do look GREAT! and give the rest of us hope! I'm right behind you (age wise) but have a lot of catching up to do. OK, that said, I want to pipe in here about using the AALS under the eye. I have been using my unit almost 3 weeks now, and have created a damaged area under one of my eyes. It has a brownish tinge, and is speckled with tiny bumps. I assume I've overlapped that area or held the unit too long there. So, maybe a warning to new users, go gently around the eye to make sure your thin skin in that area can tolerate it. For some reason the hollows under my eyes look darker too. Sad

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
EEEK!

That's not a good thing.. If anything your undereye should be getting lighter, because of the increased lymphatic drainage..

Be sure to drink a glass of water before and after treatment, which will help to flush the toxins away..

Are you using a topical that might be impeding the light from penetrating? If not, just try only using the LED for 1 minute around the eye, or just use outside that immediate area..

We all have to listen to the messages our skin gives us, and adjust our treatments accordingly.. Don't be afraid to *tweak* your routine, for your own individual situation.

I am trying to figure what could account for the "brownish area". Is there anyway you could crop a picture to show us it? Also, it might be worth writing an email to LS telling them what you wrote here, because maybe the LED is defective..

In any case, if the LED doesn't work to your satisfaction after a couple of months of use, you can certainly return it for your money back..

I hope it sorts itself out for you, and if I can help in any way I'll be happy to.

Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, you look awesome! And it's so sweet of you to give everyone advice and help them out. Being a new mom, I've realized that it's so much easier to get advice from someone rather than learn through trial and error. I will definitely buy some sunblock this week. Unfortunately, I think I still need the LED. I'm trying to get rid of "chicken skin" as it's been called here. I'm also not so happy with the large pores and droopiness. So bring on the beauty gadgets! Laughing I've already tried creams and lotions and was hoping this next step would help. Can you use any beauty line with AAL?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Kassy...if I have this right and that is you in the photo, you look absolutely amazing.
I saw some jaw shots a few weeks ago but they didn't prepare me for how great you really do look. Notice the "if I have this right" because it's not that I'm really dumb, it's that it's really hard to believe you're 59. All I can say is "Go, girl."
Kim
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are all so sweet, and I thank you for the compliments. (LOL!, it's me queen.. that was funny.)

I'm determined to be the best darn 60 year old I can be, but want to do it in a completely natural way.. So far thanks to all I learned here at EDS, and my trusty LED, I've been lucky to undue plenty of damage. At this point in time, I will just be happy to stay a step ahead of the dreaded aging process... My biggest regret is that I really didn't pay any attention to my skin until I found EDS in 07 when it had all caught up with me.. Before that, I just took my good genes for granted and thought I would continue to breeze through life without ever looking my age... Then menopause reared it's ugly head 9 years ago, and it's been a slippery slope all downhill since.

I have bought just about every gadget under the sun, and will continue to share what works or not, based on my experience. The majority have unfortunately been a waste of time and money.. But I do love beauty gadgets, and enjoy trying them out.

I'm certainly not an authority on any of this, but I am happy to share my experiences on all I do and try..

Thanks again for the kind words, I'm very grateful for the encouragement.

miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, you do look fantastic. I'm a month older than you but you look about 20 years younger!! You really must have some great genes as well as using various gadgets. You don't belong in the 55 and over thread, more like the under 40 thread.

I am almost ready to buy the AALS but am thinking of buying the original as well as I have some aches and pains to get rid of as well. I remember my mother had an infra-red lamp years ago that was supposed to help with joints and muscle pain. I was thinking I could even use the original on my dogs and cats that are even older than me!! (in dog and cat years that is). From what you and others have said, I don't think the AALS would be as effective on aches and pains as the original but the original is not as effective as the AALS on skin problems such as pigmentation and fine lines.

The 10% discount is only available when you buy one Crying or Very sad but Lightstim still has the special price for buying two.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Anna for saying such nice things..(And you are correct about the good genes.. My Mom is 82 and looks in her 60's...)

For the pain factor, the Original LS is awesome.. It will also give you great anti-aging effects, but will take a lot longer than the AALS in my opinion.. I wouldn't part with either of them, and occassionally I use both on my face at the same time, alternating..

If you do decide to buy both LED's, be sure to contact Steve or Joniann 1st, because I think you can get even better than 10% of with a two LED purchase.. Check though, because I'm not positive about that.

I would *imagine* it would be safe to use briefly on the hind quarters of our pets, but be extra careful to not let them look into it, or use near their little faces... You should research that though, and not take my word for it because it's only my opinion.

miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy. I did get a reply from Steve and he said that whether the original helped with pain would depend on the type of pain and reason for it. I have beginning osteoarthritis and I thought it could help with inflammation. Steve said the AALS could also help to some extent. I'm still not sure whether to get just the AALS or both. Steve recommended just the AALS to start.

Thanks for the advice about the pets. My dog is a German Shepherd and has problems with using her back legs (so hopefully that should be fine). I have a diabetic cat who often walks like I feel and I feel so sorry for him. He never complains. I'm a bit more wary about using it for him. I might check with the vet to see what he thinks as well.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Aw Kassy you're such a sweety, thanks so much.
And you're just like I imagined, having seen both upper and lower face at different times. Absolutely stunning!
You're skin is gorgeous and if that's due alot to the AALS then it'll be my bestest friend. Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
omg Kassy, you are beautiful..AND YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE YOUNGEST LOOKING 59 YEAR OILDS ON THE PLANET!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Kassy you are Rocking girlfriend....head to toe!
I usually don't visit this thread but glad I did this morning. Go girl go! You are looking good Dancing And I love the length of your hair, very flattering!
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks once again for all the kind words to all of you..

Toby, it's good to see ya here Toot's... Don't be such a stranger... Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |