Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Babor Skinovage Purifying Cream (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Priori Minerals fx350 - Uber Finishing Powder (0.42 oz / 12g) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Face Trio Gift Set (coffret)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Shylass
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 55
Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait to buy mine this fall after seeing your results! I wonder if I should give my mom one for next Christmas. Do you think she would be insulted? Everyone chime in, because I need a mom's opinion! Thanks in advance.

_________________
Christy
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 383
Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
KASSY_A - I missed your pics AGAIN Sad - I was working a 12 hr midnight shift and I need my beauty sleep during the day while my EDS buddies are posting pics Question that are removed by the time I wake up. Guess I need to retire Laughing
bethann
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
ok, I've done 3 treatments on bare skin. No changes, but I won't give up. Is apricot oil "occlusive"? I massage some into my skin a few times a week, just wondering if I could try this with the LS ?
prettyarmor
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 19
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if I should use the AALS (I should receive in the mail today) with my in office LED light tx (Omnilux Revive)?

My doctor was not knowledgeable about the at home devices so refrained from making any comments or recommendations...

I will have a series of 5 20 minute sessions under the Omnilux Revive 1x per week for 5 weeks. So I was wondering if I should not start the AALS til I am finished with these tx.

A side note: The Omnilux Revive is so very bright that I had pads and metal shileds on my eyes (I got my first tx Friday) and it still was "blinding". I got scared and asked the doctor if it was supposed to be that bright and was my eyes thoroughly protected. He assured me they were and the brightness was normal. I have never experienced a light that bright in my entire life. Afterwards my vision was blurry for like 20 minutes. He assured me that was normal as well and that my vision would straighten out. It did.

So I am also wondering about eye protection for the AALS--and if it isn't needed then...does that mean it isn't as effective???

Seems like I read somewhere if you can look in to the light it isn't strong enough to be therapeutic.

Anyone?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
bethann wrote:
ok, I've done 3 treatments on bare skin. No changes, but I won't give up. Is apricot oil "occlusive"? I massage some into my skin a few times a week, just wondering if I could try this with the LS ?


Oils are occlusive. If you want to use a topical in conjunction with your treatments, it should only include the product I posted a few pages ago, and in the 'what to use with a LightStim thread.. Keep it to anti-oxidants, peptides and a little HA in a water base. EDS has a few nice peptide serums available also.

As I've said over and over again, LED's aren't magic wands.. 3 treatments should show you quite a different softness and clarity to your skin, but collagen building + wrinkle reduction takes months, and dedication.

If you haven't noticed major softness after 3 treatments, you need to exfoliate the dead skin cells.. (I exfoliate with a microfiber cloth prior to every treatment. I also treat on bare skin 60% of the time.)

Also, don't forget the pictures, they are most important!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
I can't wait to buy mine this fall after seeing your results! I wonder if I should give my mom one for next Christmas. Do you think she would be insulted? Everyone chime in, because I need a mom's opinion! Thanks in advance.


First please share some things with us;

ages (you and Mom)
skin concerns
what is your normal skincare regime
how much time are you willing to devote to an LED
have you read all the threads available on LED's (including this one in it's entirety?)
are you familiar with all LED's available

I personally wouldn't make a gift of an LED without knowing how committed the recipient would be.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
prettyarmor wrote:
Can anyone tell me if I should use the AALS (I should receive in the mail today) with my in office LED light tx (Omnilux Revive)?

My doctor was not knowledgeable about the at home devices so refrained from making any comments or recommendations...

I will have a series of 5 20 minute sessions under the Omnilux Revive 1x per week for 5 weeks. So I was wondering if I should not start the AALS til I am finished with these tx.

A side note: The Omnilux Revive is so very bright that I had pads and metal shileds on my eyes (I got my first tx Friday) and it still was "blinding". I got scared and asked the doctor if it was supposed to be that bright and was my eyes thoroughly protected. He assured me they were and the brightness was normal. I have never experienced a light that bright in my entire life. Afterwards my vision was blurry for like 20 minutes. He assured me that was normal as well and that my vision would straighten out. It did.

So I am also wondering about eye protection for the AALS--and if it isn't needed then...does that mean it isn't as effective???

Seems like I read somewhere if you can look in to the light it isn't strong enough to be therapeutic.

Anyone?


If I were you I would do the full Omnilux course of treatments, and then use the AALS for maintenance twice per week thereafter..(You can of course adjust this more or less as needed)

Omnilux is surface mounted which is why it's intensely bright.. You need to have eye protection with any Omnilux LED treatment in my opinion..

Brightness really has nothing to do with the effectiveness, (or lack thereof) of an LED.. It's more about the power of the device, and the combination of effective wavelengths used.. (Many battery operated LED's are bright, but they aren't going to give you any cellular changes.) Brighter doesn't equal better..

Also Omnilux makes a quite nice handheld for home use.. Have you checked that one out? It doesn't have amber diodes, but the red/infrared it has are very effective. Again, the diodes are surface mounted, and quite intensely bright, so goggles would be a good idea.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
KASSY_A - I missed your pics AGAIN Sad - I was working a 12 hr midnight shift and I need my beauty sleep during the day while my EDS buddies are posting pics Question that are removed by the time I wake up. Guess I need to retire Laughing



I PM'd ya Toot's!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethann
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethann wrote:
ok, I've done 3 treatments on bare skin. No changes, but I won't give up. Is apricot oil "occlusive"? I massage some into my skin a few times a week, just wondering if I could try this with the LS ?


Oils are occlusive. If you want to use a topical in conjunction with your treatments, it should only include the product I posted a few pages ago, and in the 'what to use with a LightStim thread.. Keep it to anti-oxidants, peptides and a little HA in a water base. EDS has a few nice peptide serums available also.

As I've said over and over again, LED's aren't magic wands.. 3 treatments should show you quite a different softness and clarity to your skin, but collagen building + wrinkle reduction takes months, and dedication.

If you haven't noticed major softness after 3 treatments, you need to exfoliate the dead skin cells.. (I exfoliate with a microfiber cloth prior to every treatment. I also treat on bare skin 60% of the time.)

Also, don't forget the pictures, they are most important!


Thanks Kassy,

I use the Clarisonic about 4-5 times a week, and I just had an Aveda Green Science facial last week (their answer to dermabrasion) so I am thinking, maybe incorrectly that I'm ok in the exfoliating dept., but I've been wrong before. ha ha.
I'll not use the oil with the LS again, I was just curious to see if I'd see any plumping. I've read all your posts about the HA's. Just haven't ordered anything yet. So much on here to read - whew!
Also, after getting the red dents from my first LS treatment, I'm very cautious about holding it too firmly against my face. So, I've been just barely touching, not pressing at all. It does take more "mental" effort to do that though!!
zhenz
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
today is my 3rd day of using my acne lightstim and AALS!

so far 1 stubborn acne had grown smaller quite a fair bit and 2 other recent acnes had reduced slightly.

my acne light gets really hot after 10mins and after the 15th minute, I have to move it away and just let it barely touch my skin. i emailed steve and he said he actually have two different models of the acne light and one runs hotter than the other, but they both have the same effectiveness. he's willing to send the cooler model to me in Singapore and have me return the hotter one.

i'm not sure if i should exchange. i can live with holding the light barely touching my face and its kinda nice to feel the intense heat as it gives me the illusion that its doing something to my skin, although i know that its to do with the wavelength and not the temperature. but i'll probably have less risk of burning my skin accidentally with the cooler light and i can hold it closer to my skin, if that matters?

what would u do?
Shylass
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 55
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Kassy. I'm 29 with red hair and fair skin. My skin in the past has usually been extremely oily, but since having the baby it's been a lot drier. I have large pores and I'm beginning to get fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I took what you said to heart and I'm using my sunblock from Principal Secret. And unfortunately I'm still getting acne breakouts. My eyebrows could also use a little lift. Everyone always promised me it would go away when I grew up. Laughing I've been reading all of the threads on LEDs. I really do think it would help with some of my issues. I used to have a Dermal Tone and was getting decent results until my ex husband got rid of it. That jerk got rid of every beauty gadget I had. I'm hoping to replace everything eventually with better models. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I used to talk to Scally on here and I really miss her. She always had something to tell you about the newest beauty gadget. Let me know if I've left anything out. And thank you for replying.

_________________
Christy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
zhenz wrote:
what would u do?



I would hold it against the skin for 5 minutes on areas of outbreak, and 3 minutes elsewhere for the skin/anti-aging benefits..

Drink a full glass of water before and after treatment, so you don't get dehydrated..(That is just good practice for anybody using 'any' good quality LED.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
Hi, Kassy. I'm 29 with red hair and fair skin. My skin in the past has usually been extremely oily, but since having the baby it's been a lot drier. I have large pores and I'm beginning to get fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I took what you said to heart and I'm using my sunblock from Principal Secret. And unfortunately I'm still getting acne breakouts. My eyebrows could also use a little lift. Everyone always promised me it would go away when I grew up. Laughing I've been reading all of the threads on LEDs. I really do think it would help with some of my issues. I used to have a Dermal Tone and was getting decent results until my ex husband got rid of it. That jerk got rid of every beauty gadget I had. I'm hoping to replace everything eventually with better models. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I used to talk to Scally on here and I really miss her. She always had something to tell you about the newest beauty gadget. Let me know if I've left anything out. And thank you for replying.


Since you are only 29, I'm assuming sag and significant wrinkles aren't an issue yet.. If you do decide to buy an LED, it would be for more of prevention than correction which is a good thing, but you might want to try other less expensive options 1st, since I don't think you will get the "WOW" factor with an LED just yet, because you don't have much to correct..

Of all the other gadgets I have used over the years, I am comfortable recommending the Derma Wand + Tua Viso. (The Tua Viso is much like the Dermal Tone, but the quality is much superior.) There are threads on both devices here at EDS. Here's an active one on Tua Viso;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31637

The Derma Wand is a great little gadget that increases circulation, oxygenates the skin with ozone, zaps the occasional breakout and gives a lovely allover lift (especially for the eyes.) Using it for 15 minutes a few times per week, will give you a healthier, prettier skin IMHO. The best price I've ever seen for it ($89.ish) is available at HSN.com. Here is the official website, where you can view a video. (Oh, and don't believe the 6 minute schmele, 15 minutes is what works!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31637

Hope that helps, and didn't confuse you further.. I just don't want you to rush into an expensive purchase, and then be disappointed.. Also let those after pregnancy hormones calm down a bit, then see where you are.

You can find Scalawaggirl at the Lab Muffins Forum. Just register at the forum, and you'll be sent an activation code when you're approved;

http://www.labmuffins.com

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
prettyarmor
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 19
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for laying that concern to rest Kassy about the brightness of the light...

I did look in to the Omnilux New-U but I wanted the amber waves of the AALS due to extensive sun damage about my face and decollete. I have those dreaded wrinkles in the cleavage area after waking as well...for like 5 hours after Exclamation

So I figured it couldn't hurt to get the device that incorporates all three wavelengths and hopefully be the panacea of all my skin care ails* Razz

I will post pictures and all that good stuff--although I am very embarrassed by my skin without make up. But if I can correct this I will happily submit myself to this process. Hope for one is hope for all, right?

*psoriasis, sun damage, enlarged pores, wrinkled decollete, a few age spots.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
prettyarmor wrote:
Thank you for laying that concern to rest Kassy about the brightness of the light...

I did look in to the Omnilux New-U but I wanted the amber waves of the AALS due to extensive sun damage about my face and decollete. I have those dreaded wrinkles in the cleavage area after waking as well...for like 5 hours after Exclamation

So I figured it couldn't hurt to get the device that incorporates all three wavelengths and hopefully be the panacea of all my skin care ails* Razz

I will post pictures and all that good stuff--although I am very embarrassed by my skin without make up. But if I can correct this I will happily submit myself to this process. Hope for one is hope for all, right?

*psoriasis, sun damage, enlarged pores, wrinkled decollete, a few age spots.



Well then, with all that said, you will definitely benefit with the AALS. Be consistent and committed.

No pressure about posting pictures.. They are for your benefit, so you won't miss the subtle changes along the way. I have no qualms about posting a few pictures because frankly, I'm proud about what this LED accomplished for me, and the pictures say it loud and clear..

The LED's and my DIY serums have completely transformed my skin in the past 16 months, and I am really proud of what I have accomplished.. I have, and will continue to put it all out there, and anybody is welcome to take it or leave it alone.. Very Happy

My goal is to keep my 59 year old record going, and never have need (or want) of fillers, botox, or surgeries.. Wink

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
yogagirl89
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 10
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am a newbie here, an AALS user, and thrilled to have found this forum - what a wealth of information! I have been using the AALS daily since November (almost 3 months now) and am very pleased with the results.

My 40 year old skin is fair and very oily. I burn easily and have been dealing with acne and large pores since I was a teenager. Thanks to genetics I have had fine lines around my eyes since my college days but recently noticed an increase in them as well as in the depth of forehead wrinkles, "marionette lines," and the "elevens" between my brows. As a result I started looking into LED light therapy.

I considered several different manufacturers/units before deciding upon the AALS mainly because of the multiple wavelengths in one device (red/infrared/amber) and the wonderful customer service I received when calling with questions.

Almost immediately after starting the AALS, I noticed an increase in the softness and smoothness of my skin. I have not had a breakout (other than one or two random pimples) since starting with the LS and I my skin appears to be healthier, "plumper," and less pink. After using the AALS nightly for 3 months, the fine lines under my eyes are still there, but the forehead and "marionette" creases are less visible.

I use my AALS every evening for 3 minutes per area on clean skin. I follow the treatment with a light serum and moisturizer, eye cream, and nighttime mineral powder.

I hope that anyone considering an at home LED device finds this information helpful. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you joined the club "yogagirl", and welcome aboard!

It's so nice to hear everyone confirming what I have been experiencing for the past 16 months..

Yay, LightStim.... It rocks ... Dancing Dancing Dancing

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
zhenz
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy! but i was wondering if you would change the hotter acne light for the cooler one? =)


Kassy_A wrote:
zhenz wrote:
what would u do?



I would hold it against the skin for 5 minutes on areas of outbreak, and 3 minutes elsewhere for the skin/anti-aging benefits..

Drink a full glass of water before and after treatment, so you don't get dehydrated..(That is just good practice for anybody using 'any' good quality LED.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
zhenz wrote:
thanks Kassy! but i was wondering if you would change the hotter acne light for the cooler one? =)


Kassy_A wrote:
zhenz wrote:
what would u do?



I would hold it against the skin for 5 minutes on areas of outbreak, and 3 minutes elsewhere for the skin/anti-aging benefits..

Drink a full glass of water before and after treatment, so you don't get dehydrated..(That is just good practice for anybody using 'any' good quality LED.



Heat is a really subjective thing. If you find it uncomfortable to hold to your face for 5 minutes per acneic area, than switch up.. If it's not uncomfortable, than stay with what you have..

For me personally, I enjoy the heat and wish the AALS was a little warmer.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethann
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy or anyone - I've been using my AALS on a bare face. I'd like to add a serum a few nights a week. Kassy, I've looked at the ones you linked for me. They look great, but I was wondering if any of the ready to use products at SAS would be nice also? The price is a lot better!! I don't trust myself to make my own just yet, but I'd like to in the future. Right now, I just want to get the show on the road, LOL.

What about this one - "CHAS" ?

**********************************************
This ready to use formulation is now our preferred delivery method for our best water soluble antioxidants. Includes our exclusive protein Superoxide Dismutase. This serum contains all the best hydrophilic antioxidants we carry, making it a powerful antioxidant complex!



Ingredients
Organic aloe vera juice, sea kelp bioferment, pomegranate extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, niacinamide, carnosine, carnitine, tetrahydrocurcuminoids, ferulic acid, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, hesperidin methyl chalcone, lycopene, glutathione, glutaredoxin, superoxide dismutase, phenoxyethanol (and) methylparaben (and) isopropylparaben (and) isobutylparaben (and) butylparaben.




Solubility
Hydrophilic
******************************************
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethann wrote:
Kassy or anyone - I've been using my AALS on a bare face. I'd like to add a serum a few nights a week. Kassy, I've looked at the ones you linked for me. They look great, but I was wondering if any of the ready to use products at SAS would be nice also? The price is a lot better!!
What about this one - "CHAS" ?

**********************************************
This ready to use formulation is now our preferred delivery method for our best water soluble antioxidants. Includes our exclusive protein Superoxide Dismutase. This serum contains all the best hydrophilic antioxidants we carry, making it a powerful antioxidant complex!



Ingredients
Organic aloe vera juice, sea kelp bioferment, pomegranate extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, niacinamide, carnosine, carnitine, tetrahydrocurcuminoids, ferulic acid, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, hesperidin methyl chalcone, lycopene, glutathione, glutaredoxin, superoxide dismutase, phenoxyethanol (and) methylparaben (and) isopropylparaben (and) isobutylparaben (and) butylparaben.

Solubility
Hydrophilic
******************************************



There are lots of great ingredients in there, a few that I'm not familiar with (and would have to look up), and then the dreaded parabens, which I *believe* are occlusive, and *know* can be irritants to those sensitive.

I really think the only effective way to incorporate a product with an LED device, is to make a DIY conconction of peptides and a few anti-oxidants, fresh every week or so, and kept refrigerated.. Once preservatives, oils + emulifiers are put in the mix, occlusion will be the result... IMHO

I'd be anxious to hear other opinions, in the hopes we can all find a definitive answer.. Confused

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethann
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethann wrote:
Kassy or anyone - I've been using my AALS on a bare face. I'd like to add a serum a few nights a week. Kassy, I've looked at the ones you linked for me. They look great, but I was wondering if any of the ready to use products at SAS would be nice also? The price is a lot better!! I don't trust myself to make my own just yet, but I'd like to in the future. Right now, I just want to get the show on the road, LOL.

What about this one - "CHAS" ?

**********************************************
This ready to use formulation is now our preferred delivery method for our best water soluble antioxidants. Includes our exclusive protein Superoxide Dismutase. This serum contains all the best hydrophilic antioxidants we carry, making it a powerful antioxidant complex!



Ingredients
Organic aloe vera juice, sea kelp bioferment, pomegranate extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, niacinamide, carnosine, carnitine, tetrahydrocurcuminoids, ferulic acid, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, hesperidin methyl chalcone, lycopene, glutathione, glutaredoxin, superoxide dismutase, phenoxyethanol (and) methylparaben (and) isopropylparaben (and) isobutylparaben (and) butylparaben.




Solubility
Hydrophilic
******************************************


Thanks Kassy, I appreciate your reply and knowledge. I have so much to learn. Why is this beauty stuff just so darn tough! ha! I will make my own in the near future, just thought I could get a head start with one of their ready to go products. I hate dishing out the bucks for a serum that might or might not work with my skin. Lately, it seems all kinds of new issues are popping up, stuff I never had to deal with. I am using the AALS religiously and I have amped up my skin care routine using what I have, Olay. Thanks, I'll have to get busy and make my own stuff.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
OK ladies I have finally taken the plunge and bought both the AALS (for aging)and the original (for deeper penetration into muscles and tissues). Steve tried to talk me out of buying 2, but I thought I would eventually buy the original as well so why wait!?! Laughing

I believe it was shipped yesterday. For any Aussies out there that have bought the AALS or original, can you tell me if you had to pay customs was it 10% or more. I assume it should only be the GST basically.

Also, how long did the shipping take? Just so I have an idea of when to expect it.

I'm so looking forward to using both of them. I'll have to re-read this and other threads about the best way to use them and the actives that work best. I also want to make my own products but am a bit wary as yet.

Thanks to you all, especially Kassy, for your advice. Keep it coming!! Razz
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Like miss anna I too took the plunge. I bought the AALS this week. I was hoping it would be here before the weekend but maybe not.
I have read all 19 pages of this thread and a big thank you to Kassy for sharing her knowledge and all the others for helping me make an informed decision.

Will keep everyone posted.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 769
Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:04 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
I believe it was shipped yesterday. For any Aussies out there that have bought the AALS or original, can you tell me if you had to pay customs was it 10% or more. I assume it should only be the GST basically.

Also, how long did the shipping take? Just so I have an idea of when to expect it.

Thanks to you all, especially Kassy, for your advice. Keep it coming!! Razz


miss anna please let us know how long it takes to get here and any tax. I'm an aussie too and REALLY want the AALS but haven't got the cash just yet. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Sothys La Creme Secrets 128 (50 ml) Institut Esthederm Lift & Repair Absolute Smoothing Cream (50 ml / 1.67 floz) Dremu Oil (30 ml / 1 floz)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |