Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,
I'm back from Chicago and as promised I did ask about the LED lights regarding Botox and Fillers. They said no it does not affect the injectables by making them dissipate faster. I then questioned them as to why they use the Gentle Waves and was told it's great for redness, inflammation, bruising and they believe it does stimulate the growth of collagen.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well that's very reassuring. That has been my experience anyway. For about a year I've been getting collagen injected into my upper lip line and vertical lip wrinkles. I continually use the light over that area and my wrinkles continue to diminish. After all, if the LED is supposed to stimulate collagen, then it should also be stimulating the collagen that's injected as well - anyway, that's my belief and I'm sticking to it!
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
I received my AALS on Monday and have been using it almost daily for the past 5 days. So far I've noticed that the lines on my forehead don't seem as deep and my hands seem to look better as well. I now understand why it's so important to take before and after pictures for comparison purposes. My goal is to use it daily for three weeks and then to scale down to perhaps 2-3 times per week. Or what I will most likely do is divide the areas and target one area each day thereby cutting down the overall use time on any given day.

The reason I chose the AALS is in part to seeing Kassy's photos. I'm sure Prolight is just as good, if not better, but unfortunately I'm a visual person and really like to see pictures of the results vs. reading about them. Another reason is that I like the on/off switch. I leave it plugged in all the time and just turn the switch on vs. having to plug and unplug an adapter. I also thought that the design would be a bit more comfortable for me to hold when watching tv. Finally, I like the 90 vs. 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Thirty additional days will give me more time to test the product to decide whether it's a keeper.

The cons are that the recommended use time is much longer than other units. But without exact stats from the folks at Lightstim, it's difficult to tell whether they are instructing their users to be much more aggressive vs. the others which may be more conservative. Quite frankly, the numbers are way over my head anyway and all I care about are the end results. Laughing Also, in hindsight, I think the shape of the Prolight might actually be better in that it's easier to transport and you don't end up holding the same position of lights in the same spot each time if that makes any sense. Just imagine holding a paddle and you can easily see the lights (infrared bulb, red bulb, amber bulb) being held in the same position each time. With the Prolight, the position of the lights will always change depending on how you pick up and hold the device. I'm not sure if that even makes a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. You can easily drop $300 for two facials and now I have a device that I can use at home and on more than one person. Very Happy If people are on the fence about purchasing an LED device, just remember that the sooner you get started, the sooner you'll see results. And, if you think you've made a mistake or that it's not working for you, you can always return it.

My apologies if I put this on the wrong thread. There are a few threads, but since this one is specific to the AALS, I thought it would be best to post here.


Hello, wow you got results in 5 days??? I was told that it takes at least 3 to 8 weeks to see results, I am on my 4th day and no results so far, I wash my face with luke warm water and soap to clean it, then wait for it to dry and then use my stimlight 3mins on each spot. There are about 8 areas that I target with my lightstim.
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=68685170dn7.jpg
after the treatment I either apply Vitamin E cream or a moisturizer, sometimes nothing, I just wash my face with cool water.

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
insearchof
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 32
Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I did notice an improvement, but the progress has definitely decreased. I used it everyday for the first 4-5 weeks and am now down to 3x's a week. Some of my old stretch marks don't appear as deep. My forehead wrinkles also do not seem as deep, but they are still very apparent, as are the wrinkles on my neck. I took photos and it's just too hard to see a difference in the before and after shots at this stage. Perhaps I should have taken some photos a bit further away from my face in order to see whether there's an overall improvement.

I'm not giving up on this yet because as hard as it is to see in photos, I still do notice some improvement.
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well today I have noticed that, every time I used it I feel like my skin is itching me and I feel like scratching it, after usage my skin turn a little red, maybe it's because I have moderate rosacea and the unit heats up a bit after 5-10mins of usage. What do you guys think? is this normal...today is my 5th day.

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Apr 2008
Posts: 584
Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my fifth day too! Reading through these forums I really fancied the Prolight Red and Amber lights. LEDs don't seem to work for everyone (and I didn't want to cough up lots of ££s!), so I opted for a second-hand AALS from ebay instead.

So far, I'm impressed. From my first usage my skin looked brighter, more even and plumped up, better than it's looked for a long time. The warmth is very pleasant. (Hoping it's useful on period pains too, going to try later)!

Totally off-topic for a second, how do I do the "signature" at the bottom which tells everyone a little about me/which products I'm using?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Totally off-topic for a second, how do I do the "signature" at the bottom which tells everyone a little about me/which products I'm using?


Edit your profile:
Go to the top of the EDS Forum page on the left hand side click on Profile.

Once you're on that page, you'll see:

Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit

_________________
42yo, natural strawberry blonde so fair skin, blue-eyed, and dry skin
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Apr 2008
Posts: 584
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, lunarmm.

Dear oh dear, first I add lots of the same comment to the Dermarolling thread (pressing "Quote" instead of "Edit") then I can't even the Signature option on the Profile page.

Proof that I spend way too much time on the PC!! Laughing

I'll er, blame it on hormones. Embarassed

*Slinks away, embarrassed*

(I'll let you know how the AALS goes) Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
ejay90 wrote:
Well today I have noticed that, every time I used it I feel like my skin is itching me and I feel like scratching it, after usage my skin turn a little red, maybe it's because I have moderate rosacea and the unit heats up a bit after 5-10mins of usage. What do you guys think? is this normal...today is my 5th day.


ejay, did you get the "Rosacea" light? If not, you should seriously consider exchanging the one you got for it. I don't know your other skin concerns, but the Rosacea light has red/infrared + blue wavelengths, which can deal with a multitude of skin issues.... Here's a quote from the website regarding the device;

The LightStim™ Rosacea Light mixes medical-grade, blue LED lights along with red and infrared LED lights. There are a total of 72 high-grade, high-output individual lights encompassing 4 varying wavelengths between 450nm and 850nm. The total output of which is 9,360mW!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
ejay90 wrote:
Well today I have noticed that, every time I used it I feel like my skin is itching me and I feel like scratching it, after usage my skin turn a little red, maybe it's because I have moderate rosacea and the unit heats up a bit after 5-10mins of usage. What do you guys think? is this normal...today is my 5th day.


ejay, did you get the "Rosacea" light? If not, you should seriously consider exchanging the one you got for it. I don't know your other skin concerns, but the Rosacea light has red/infrared + blue wavelengths, which can deal with a multitude of skin issues.... Here's a quote from the website regarding the device;

The LightStim™ Rosacea Light mixes medical-grade, blue LED lights along with red and infrared LED lights. There are a total of 72 high-grade, high-output individual lights encompassing 4 varying wavelengths between 450nm and 850nm. The total output of which is 9,360mW!


Hello, thanks for your reply!
I thought about getting that, but I will try this one first, i got 3months then I will decide whether to keep it or exchange it with the Rosacea light. I heard that AASL helps with broken capillaries.

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
bebe101010
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking at buying the lighstim...but im not sure if it works for wut im wanting it for...a have a lot of freckles on my arms that i want to fade....has anyone used it for freckles...and if so did it work?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
bebe101010 wrote:
I am looking at buying the lighstim...but im not sure if it works for wut im wanting it for...a have a lot of freckles on my arms that i want to fade....has anyone used it for freckles...and if so did it work?


I would think that freckles are ongoing (from ongoing exposure to the sun) and not something the LED would help but I could be wrong.

Have you tried things like lemon juice - isn't that a folk remedy to lighten freckles?

_________________
42yo, natural strawberry blonde so fair skin, blue-eyed, and dry skin
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I'm on my fifth day too! So far, I'm impressed. From my first usage my skin looked brighter, more even and plumped up, better than it's looked for a long time. The warmth is very pleasant. (Hoping it's useful on period pains too, going to try later)



Good for you 'ljk', I had good results from the beginning as well, which get better and better as time goes by.. I'm into my 9th month now, and very pleased with my continued good results.

I would also encourage you to take a few pictures from several angles, so you can see the subtle (and not so subtle) changes as time goes by. It's a record you'll be glad to have as the months go by. When I look back at my pictures over the last 9 months, I'm actually shocked at some of the changes I'm continuing to see. Many would be easily overlooked without those beginning pictures.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Apr 2008
Posts: 584
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Kassy! wave I'm actually "Louise" but ended up picking the unintentionally-anonymous "ljk".

My skin is lovely and soft too. I'm a dreadful insomniac and my skin usually looks dull. The LED gives me such a luminous glow.

I might just hit the submit button and share my pictures with you all, if the results are encouraging!

_________________
Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
ejay90 wrote:
Hello, thanks for your reply!
I thought about getting that, but I will try this one first, i got 3months then I will decide whether to keep it or exchange it with the Rosacea light. I heard that AASL helps with broken capillaries.


I had lots of broken caps on my cheeks and chin and I'd say at this point 80% are gone, or lessened, but that's after 9 total months of LED use.

With that said, I also want to tell you, that approximately 50% of the people I correspond with privately here, who also have LED devices, have seen NO improvement in their broken caps. So it's a 50/50 gamble.

The moral of the story is that I believe you should be more concerned with the 'Rosacea', and if the caps are going to respond to light therapy, that light might help as well.

Just my .2 for what it's worth!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Hello Kassy! wave I'm actually "Louise" but ended up picking the unintentionally-anonymous "ljk".

My skin is lovely and soft too. I'm a dreadful insomniac and my skin usually looks dull. The LED gives me such a luminous glow.

I might just hit the submit button and share my pictures with you all, if the results are encouraging!



Awesome! I'd love to see them...Image

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 am      Reply with quote
wow you girls/guys are getting incredibly fast results, it's been a week now, and no results whatsoever . I was told by the customer service that I should not expect any results in at least 1 to 2 months. Do you have any advice to speed up the healing process? I heard exfoliating helps, but which exfoliator can I use? also I can't exfoliate everyday, I have a very sensitive skin Sad with moderate rosacea. Personally I don't to want use any of those products, because my skin is extremely sensitive and turns red even with the gentlest skin care product, even clay masks turn my face into a tomato, actually just my nose and cheeks.
thanks again!
Sad

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
insearchof
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 32
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
ejay90 wrote:
wow you girls/guys are getting incredibly fast results, it's been a week now, and no results whatsoever . I was told by the customer service that I should not expect any results in at least 1 to 2 months. Do you have any advice to speed up the healing process? I heard exfoliating helps, but which exfoliator can I use? also I can't exfoliate everyday, I have a very sensitive skin Sad with moderate rosacea. Personally I don't to want use any of those products, because my skin is extremely sensitive and turns red even with the gentlest skin care product, even clay masks turn my face into a tomato, actually just my nose and cheeks.
thanks again!
Sad


According to Lightstim, "Some (see results) much quicker than others, depending on their current physical conditions, age, skin condition, diet, alcohol consumption, smoking habits, etc. That said, most people see initial results in 4 to 8 weeks, but many see results in as short as 1 to 3 weeks. A few people will take as long as 9 to 11 weeks, but this is more unusual."

I would give it a good 6-8 weeks before deciding if the unit is working for you. Hopefully you'll see a noticeable change within that time. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
ejay90 wrote:
wow you girls/guys are getting incredibly fast results, it's been a week now, and no results whatsoever . I was told by the customer service that I should not expect any results in at least 1 to 2 months. Do you have any advice to speed up the healing process? I heard exfoliating helps, but which exfoliator can I use? also I can't exfoliate everyday, I have a very sensitive skin Sad with moderate rosacea. Personally I don't to want use any of those products, because my skin is extremely sensitive and turns red even with the gentlest skin care product, even clay masks turn my face into a tomato, actually just my nose and cheeks.
thanks again!
Sad


According to Lightstim, "Some (see results) much quicker than others, depending on their current physical conditions, age, skin condition, diet, alcohol consumption, smoking habits, etc. That said, most people see initial results in 4 to 8 weeks, but many see results in as short as 1 to 3 weeks. A few people will take as long as 9 to 11 weeks, but this is more unusual."

I would give it a good 6-8 weeks before deciding if the unit is working for you. Hopefully you'll see a noticeable change within that time. Very Happy



ejay, although you should see 'some' difference in a week; softer skin, brighter skin tone, not everybody responds the same. If your looking for a miracle worker, you haven't found it with an LED....It takes commitment, and an overall good skin regimen in my opinion.

Exfoliation prior to treatment is something that has made all the difference to my great results.. I use a microfiber cloth twice a day without fail. I don't like putting a lot of crap on my face, so this, along with an aspirin mask every week to 10 days is all the exfoliation 'I' need.

You can also experiment with using your light in conjunction with good quality serums.

The other thing is to make sure you are doing it right.

-firm contact with skin
-fully treating every inch for 2 to 3 minutes overlapping each area a bit
-be sure to use it at least 5 times per week for the first month.
-read through the first page of this thread, and several other LED threads, to familiarize yourself with the treatment modalities of other users. (I have elaborated ad-nauseum to members questions in regard to my own particular agenda.)

So the moral of all this is to have patience, and see what happens. You have 90 days to figure out if 1.) It works for you + 2.) You can make the commitment required for the long haul.

HTH!

ETA: If you listened to me and took pictures, have a look at them. Because I guarantee you have missed a positive change or two. If you didn't take any, I suggest you do today!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
insearchof wrote:
ejay90 wrote:
wow you girls/guys are getting incredibly fast results, it's been a week now, and no results whatsoever . I was told by the customer service that I should not expect any results in at least 1 to 2 months. Do you have any advice to speed up the healing process? I heard exfoliating helps, but which exfoliator can I use? also I can't exfoliate everyday, I have a very sensitive skin Sad with moderate rosacea. Personally I don't to want use any of those products, because my skin is extremely sensitive and turns red even with the gentlest skin care product, even clay masks turn my face into a tomato, actually just my nose and cheeks.
thanks again!
Sad


According to Lightstim, "Some (see results) much quicker than others, depending on their current physical conditions, age, skin condition, diet, alcohol consumption, smoking habits, etc. That said, most people see initial results in 4 to 8 weeks, but many see results in as short as 1 to 3 weeks. A few people will take as long as 9 to 11 weeks, but this is more unusual."

I would give it a good 6-8 weeks before deciding if the unit is working for you. Hopefully you'll see a noticeable change within that time. Very Happy



ejay, although you should see 'some' difference in a week; softer skin, brighter skin tone, not everybody responds the same. If your looking for a miracle worker, you haven't found it with an LED....It takes commitment, and an overall good skin regimen in my opinion.

Exfoliation prior to treatment is something that has made all the difference to my great results.. I use a microfiber cloth twice a day without fail. I don't like putting a lot of crap on my face, so this, along with an aspirin mask every week to 10 days is all the exfoliation 'I' need.

You can also experiment with using your light in conjunction with good quality serums.

The other thing is to make sure you are doing it right.

-firm contact with skin
-fully treating every inch for 2 to 3 minutes overlapping each area a bit
-be sure to use it at least 5 times per week for the first month.
-read through the first page of this thread, and several other LED threads, to familiarize yourself with the treatment modalities of other users. (I have elaborated ad-nauseum to members questions in regard to my own particular agenda.)

So the moral of all this is to have patience, and see what happens. You have 90 days to figure out if 1.) It works for you + 2.) You can make the commitment required for the long haul.

HTH!

ETA: If you listened to me and took pictures, have a look at them. Because I guarantee you have missed a positive change or two. If you didn't take any, I suggest you do today!



Hello, thanks a lot for your reply, I think I will use the aspirin mask :P
do you happen to have a link for the DIY recipe? would that be ok for me? please note I have a sensitive skin Embarassed
should I exfoliate once every week or 2?
Well when it comes to serums and stuff, I tried many in the past, and let me tell you, it was money waisted Sad
I am currently taking pictures, I decided to take pictures every week and compare.
bye!

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
ejay90 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
insearchof wrote:
ejay90 wrote:
wow you girls/guys are getting incredibly fast results, it's been a week now, and no results whatsoever . I was told by the customer service that I should not expect any results in at least 1 to 2 months. Do you have any advice to speed up the healing process? I heard exfoliating helps, but which exfoliator can I use? also I can't exfoliate everyday, I have a very sensitive skin Sad with moderate rosacea. Personally I don't to want use any of those products, because my skin is extremely sensitive and turns red even with the gentlest skin care product, even clay masks turn my face into a tomato, actually just my nose and cheeks.
thanks again!
Sad


According to Lightstim, "Some (see results) much quicker than others, depending on their current physical conditions, age, skin condition, diet, alcohol consumption, smoking habits, etc. That said, most people see initial results in 4 to 8 weeks, but many see results in as short as 1 to 3 weeks. A few people will take as long as 9 to 11 weeks, but this is more unusual."

I would give it a good 6-8 weeks before deciding if the unit is working for you. Hopefully you'll see a noticeable change within that time. Very Happy



ejay, although you should see 'some' difference in a week; softer skin, brighter skin tone, not everybody responds the same. If your looking for a miracle worker, you haven't found it with an LED....It takes commitment, and an overall good skin regimen in my opinion.

Exfoliation prior to treatment is something that has made all the difference to my great results.. I use a microfiber cloth twice a day without fail. I don't like putting a lot of crap on my face, so this, along with an aspirin mask every week to 10 days is all the exfoliation 'I' need.

You can also experiment with using your light in conjunction with good quality serums.

The other thing is to make sure you are doing it right.

-firm contact with skin
-fully treating every inch for 2 to 3 minutes overlapping each area a bit
-be sure to use it at least 5 times per week for the first month.
-read through the first page of this thread, and several other LED threads, to familiarize yourself with the treatment modalities of other users. (I have elaborated ad-nauseum to members questions in regard to my own particular agenda.)

So the moral of all this is to have patience, and see what happens. You have 90 days to figure out if 1.) It works for you + 2.) You can make the commitment required for the long haul.

HTH!

ETA: If you listened to me and took pictures, have a look at them. Because I guarantee you have missed a positive change or two. If you didn't take any, I suggest you do today!



Hello, thanks a lot for your reply, I think I will use the aspirin mask :P
do you happen to have a link for the DIY recipe? would that be ok for me? please note I have a sensitive skin Embarassed
should I exfoliate once every week or 2?
Well when it comes to serums and stuff, I tried many in the past, and let me tell you, it was money waisted Sad
I am currently taking pictures, I decided to take pictures every week and compare.
bye!


Hi again ejay.. You really need to fully read this thread, because you seem to be either missing, or overlooking a few things..

Only you can decide what's good for your particualar skin needs.. What's good for one, isn't necesarilly good for the next.. So you have to really know your own concerns, and then take 1 from column A, and 1 from column B, and so on...

What is your age, and what are your skin concerns exactly?

ETA: As for the aspirin mask, that works for "me", I dissolve 2 aspirin in a few drops of milk, and add a tablespoon of honey... That's enough to thinly cover my face, neck + decolette'. Leave on about 20 to 30 minutes, and rinse thoroughly with warm water, followed by a final rinse with my microfiber cloth.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, wow you're really quick on replying to my posts, thanks a bunch!!! Very Happy
Well I'm 30 years old male, used to expose my skin to a lot of sun for long periods of time. Some "doctor" prescribed to me Roaccutane, he thought I had pimples, but it was rosacea Sad
suddenly my skin got extremely dry, I had holes inside my skin or large pores, and my skin kept aging prematurely from then. Loss of elasticity, dullness, lost of it's natural color. So I have high hopes in this LED, I don't want to invest in creams or serums because most of them didn't work at all and irritated my skin greatly.

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
ejay, always make sure you have a close shave right before your light treatment.. Any facial hair will hinder the absorption of light.

If you don't see an improvement with your skin after two more weeks, you should really consider sending this light back and getting the Rosacea model..I really think the medical grade blue lights would be in your best interest.

It also might be a good idea to have a consultation with a Dermatologist, to be sure your on the right track treatment wise.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ejay90
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
ejay, always make sure you have a close shave right before your light treatment.. Any facial hair will hinder the absorption of light.

If you don't see an improvement with your skin after two more weeks, you should really consider sending this light back and getting the Rosacea model..I really think the medical grade blue lights would be in your best interest.

It also might be a good idea to have a consultation with a Dermatologist, to be sure your on the right track treatment wise.


Hello, thanks again for your response!!!
I went to see a dermatologist but was a complete failure, money waisted! Sad
I will do get this light eventually, but want to really try the AASL first, cause my main skin concern is premature aging: large pores, dullness, loss of elasticity..etc...then comes my moderate rosacea.

_________________
Appearance is not everything...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 1170
Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I am curious if anyone has tried both the DPL unit and LightStim, and gotten better results from one or the other.

_________________
Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Yonka Hydrating, Nourishing Self-Tanning Milk Face & Body (150 ml / 5.18 oz) RapidLash Eyelash & Eyebrow Enhancing Serum (3 ml / 0.1 floz) Priori Minerals fx350 - Uber Finishing Powder (0.42 oz / 12g)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |