Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Dec 2003
Posts: 257
Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, DiPhx.
57 & the teeny bit of sagging beginning...I have to smile. You're very lucky. I'm 50 and noticed mine awhile back. Smile
I think the AALS is helping with it though.
Kim
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just peeked in and glad to see you guys are enjoying nice results..

Things are starting to settle down with me inflammation wise, and I'm back at the LED about 5 times per week for now.. I tried using the Tua Viso a couple of nights ago, and just couldn't get the placement at all well on my left side.. For some reason my left side is plumper than my right, and the contraction looked all wrong.. I'm just a wreck these days.. Bad Grin Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

Oh, not sure if you guys want to experiment a bit, but if you do, I've come up with a lovely, effective serum to use before my treatments, made up of; SKB AHA, Hyaluronic Acid + distilled water, and it has really made my skin itself look quite radiant + healthy..(Gotta luv saggy, radiant skin.. Laughing ) I'm working on my neck very aggressively with the LED, and do believe things are slowly improving..

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Jul 2003
Posts: 404
Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i am considering getting a device to treat my acnes problems. Can someone please advice me which is better? Baby Blue or the LightStim ?

For overseas user, does LightStim comes with a adapter?
milbader
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 240
Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
My 19 yr old loves his Acne LightStim. He uses it without being reminded Shock
His skin is so much better after only a few weeks it is just short of amazing.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
skinlover wrote:
Hi i am considering getting a device to treat my acnes problems. Can someone please advice me which is better? Baby Blue or the LightStim ?

For overseas user, does LightStim comes with a adapter?



You'd probably get more bang for your buck with the LightStim Acne light, because it has red + infrared diodes as well, which will give you anti-aging benefits also.. I believe the adapter is included..

If you do decide to get the BQ, I would suggest the 'red' though, because the wavelengths in it, have shown good results for acne as well.. (You might just have to be a bit more aggressive with the treatments!)

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Oh, not sure if you guys want to experiment a bit, but if you do, I've come up with a lovely, effective serum to use before my treatments, made up of; SKB AHA, Hyaluronic Acid + distilled water, and it has really made my skin itself look quite radiant + healthy..(Gotta luv saggy, radiant skin.. Laughing ) I'm working on my neck very aggressively with the LED, and do believe things are slowly improving..


Lets have it girl - my hyaluronic acid was delivered by the UPS man 1 hr ago, I have at least 10oz of 12% plain AHA and a bottle of SKB in the fridge waiting at home!

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Lets have it girl - my hyaluronic acid was delivered by the UPS man 1 hr ago, I have at least 10oz of 12% plain AHA and a bottle of SKB in the fridge waiting at home!


Here ya go!

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract (optional but nice)

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.

For those of you who use and are well conditioned to copper peptides, it would be a good addition to this serum in a very small quantity..(like drops, not spoonfuls.. Shock )

So that's it Kiddie's... Have fun, and may the *light* be with you!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wonderful - will mix up this evening. I am guessing we should apply and then wait at least 1/2 hr before using our light?

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
chinachatters
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Oct 2006
Posts: 239
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I'm happy to hear that your LightStim is getting you back to where you were. Necks are such a nuisance.

A neighbor of mine (just met her) has a huge collection of brown spots on her hands and up her arms. I didn't used to notice things like that. I couldn't keep my eyes off them and I was terrified that I'd babble about them and suggest a LightStim Anti-Aging lamp and make a new enemy.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Kassy - I'm happy to hear that your LightStim is getting you back to where you were. Necks are such a nuisance.

A neighbor of mine (just met her) has a huge collection of brown spots on her hands and up her arms. I didn't used to notice things like that. I couldn't keep my eyes off them and I was terrified that I'd babble about them and suggest a LightStim Anti-Aging lamp and make a new enemy.


China if it was me you would make a friend for life if you had a "cure" for the brown spots Laughing

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

China if it was me you would make a friend for life if you had a "cure" for the brown spots Laughing


Just use the new elixer for a while with your LED, and you might be pleasantly surprised.. Very Happy

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am having trouble keeping track of all these threads... I think I posted in the eye serum thread about the AALS serum...

I made it last night and used it this morning. I love it!!! The texture is so smooth and it absorbed so quickly. By the time I got my stuff together to use the AALS it was fully absorbed. This is a great formula for beginning DIYers. Effective but not complicated.

I am never sure how to incorporate AHA into my routine and this is a great way to do that.
Again thank you for sharing your knowledge. Very Happy

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Posts: 1114
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, it's very exciting that the AALS is helping your neck tissues to regenerate.

I'm so happy for you.

_________________
71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Jul 2003
Posts: 404
Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:


You'd probably get more bang for your buck with the LightStim Acne light, because it has red + infrared diodes as well, which will give you anti-aging benefits also.. I believe the adapter is included..

If you do decide to get the BQ, I would suggest the 'red' though, because the wavelengths in it, have shown good results for acne as well.. (You might just have to be a bit more aggressive with the treatments!)


Hi Kassy,

Does LightStime Acne Light has the same wavelengths as the Baby Blue? I am now really confused as to which LED device to get after reading the diff devices on the forum :P (i.e. Prolight, Tanda, Lightstim, Baby Q)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
skinlover wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:


You'd probably get more bang for your buck with the LightStim Acne light, because it has red + infrared diodes as well, which will give you anti-aging benefits also.. I believe the adapter is included..

If you do decide to get the BQ, I would suggest the 'red' though, because the wavelengths in it, have shown good results for acne as well.. (You might just have to be a bit more aggressive with the treatments!)


Hi Kassy,

Does LightStime Acne Light has the same wavelengths as the Baby Blue? I am now really confused as to which LED device to get after reading the diff devices on the forum :P (i.e. Prolight, Tanda, Lightstim, Baby Q)


I'm not sure what the wavelengths are in the Baby Blue... Maybe someone who has it can chime in.. (All I see in the picture is *blue* though.)

LightStim Acne, has red/infrared/blue.. and the blue are medical grade. As far as I know, LS is the only one that includes the *red* wavelength in an acne light. (Some studies on PubMed indicate that red + blue diodes used together, are more effective for killing the bacteria that causes acne.)

Based on what I've seen shared on this LS thread, and also what I've personally heard from relatives, the LSA LED works very well..

You should definitely check out the threads for the other LED manufacturer's, and get their input on the acne lights so you can weigh it all out..

One thing I can tell you with certainty though, and it's hogwash if you here otherwise, is that any LED designed to kill the bacteria that causes acne, must be used frequently, and for an extended amount of time, to get the job done.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 1039
Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
based on my limited knowledge about led lights, blue is for acne, red is for therapy and amber is for hyperpigmentation. All have different wavelengths. Right so far? Then of all the led units out there, the aals is the best one for the money?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Okay ladies I have decided to finally post about my AALS experience. I have been using the AALS for a month, a minimum of 5 days a week for 3 minutes on each spot. I took the before pictures which was a very good thing and an absolute must if you are going to do this. The 1st set of after pictures were taken 30 days in and to be honest I wasn't sure I saw much if any difference.

Kassy (who is mentoring all of use thru this Wink ) was kind enough to have a look at the pictures, as a second set of eyes might see something that I wouldn't notice as I look at myself everyday Smile
Kassy pointed out improvements that I completely missed but could see once I actually studied the pictures. The improvements included: more even skin tone, plumper skin, more relaxed forehead, NL lines and lines on upper line also less obvious. Even though it has only been a month I have seen enough improvement to completely justify the expense.
The bottom line is the AALS is the bomb!!!!

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Okay ladies I have decided to finally post about my AALS experience. I have been using the AALS for a month, a minimum of 5 days a week for 3 minutes on each spot. I took the before pictures which was a very good thing and an absolute must if you are going to do this. The 1st set of after pictures were taken 30 days in and to be honest I wasn't sure I saw much if any difference.

Kassy (who is mentoring all of use thru this Wink ) was kind enough to have a look at the pictures, as a second set of eyes might see something that I wouldn't notice as I look at myself everyday Smile
Kassy pointed out improvements that I completely missed but could see once I actually studied the pictures. The improvements included: more even skin tone, plumper skin, more relaxed forehead, NL lines and lines on upper line also less obvious. Even though it has only been a month I have seen enough improvement to completely justify the expense.
The bottom line is the AALS is the bomb!!!!


Tis true! And she forgot to mention it, but the crepyness + redness around her eyes is much improved as well..

Me's also thinking the DIY serums I talked her into played a part ... Very Happy

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Jul 2003
Posts: 404
Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:


You'd probably get more bang for your buck with the LightStim Acne light, because it has red + infrared diodes as well, which will give you anti-aging benefits also.. I believe the adapter is included..

If you do decide to get the BQ, I would suggest the 'red' though, because the wavelengths in it, have shown good results for acne as well.. (You might just have to be a bit more aggressive with the treatments!)


Thanks Kassy !!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to say that I have been using Kassy miracle pre-treatment serum with the AALS for about a week. My skin is a smooth as a babies you know what, along with a nice "glow". Cool

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
happycat01
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 28
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello.

I have never used any skincare products on my face before using the AALS, just used it on clean skin. I was concerned that the products may be occlusive or somehow stop the light penetrating... or something.
Anyway, which of these products would you guys think would be suitable to put on the skin before using the AALS:

2% BHA lotion/liquid (my face doesn't tolerate AHA)
antioxidant moisturizer
0.75% metronidazole cream which i use daily for my rosacea. (actually not soo sure about using this one before lightstim).
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
happycat I have used both the AHA serum that Kassy designed and my C+E+Ferulic Acid serum as pre-treatments. The AHA serum I wait 5 minutes after applying to use the light but I wait at least 30 minutes with the C-serum.
I do not know enough about all this to answer your question directly. I am not sure how a lotion would effect the light as both pre-treats I use are almost clear serums, much more liquid than a lotion or cream.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I would like to try your pre-serum but can't get the Alpha Hydrox in Oz. I haven't been using a separate AHA at the moment, just the micro fibre cloth and a weekly gentle scrub. Can you (or anyone in Oz) recommend another AHA cream to use with your formula? TIA
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 383
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A: Just another question for the "Doc". Cellbone has a NANOSOME Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 Solution -www.cellbone.com/pentapeptide_solution.htm - can this be added to "the recipe" posted here. If so, in what quantity? Thanks
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A: Just another question for the "Doc". Cellbone has a NANOSOME Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3 Solution -www.cellbone.com/pentapeptide_solution.htm - can this be added to "the recipe" posted here. If so, in what quantity? Thanks


Yep, that would be an awesome addition. You will need to add it at a 10% concentration.. So for a 1oz serum it would be 3 cc/ml's. (5 cc's ='s 1 tsp.)

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Bright & Plump Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.6 fl oz) RapidLash Eyelash & Eyebrow Enhancing Serum (3 ml / 0.1 floz) Priori Minerals fx350 - Uber Finishing Powder (0.42 oz / 12g)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |