Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I use the C serum now and then pre treatment. I don't think the tiny amount of E in it, will interfere. I apply it about an hour prior. (My results have been great, so something is working.. Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Totter wrote:
OK, This is my first post so I hope I clicked on the correct thing. I am ready to buy the AALS I am sold on the fact that it does something are you all wouldn't be still using it. I think I found the web-site. It is on sale for $329 is that correct. If that is the case I am ordering. Thanks

Welcome to the forum Totter!

Be sure to ask about the 10% discount for EDS members if/when you order;

http://www.lightstim.com

I'd also recommend you be sure to read about the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread, for hints and what's working well.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

On another note, for those who followed my neck and lower face issues with STOP, I am all back to normal now except for a small jowl/pouch on each side of my chin.. I'm happy to report that my neck looks outstanding (in fact tighter than it was 5 years ago)..

I give 25% of the improvement to the LED, and 75% credit goes to the small face Vaculifter, which I used every other day on my neck for about a month.

Cheer's Kiddie's.. Very Happy

After about 6 weeks of aggressive use of my LED and Small Face Vaculifter on my dreaded neck after my STOP dilemma, things are finally getting back to normal.

The 1st picture was taken Jan 1 on my 59th birthday and way befor STOP treatments. The 2nd was taken after about 12 STOP treatments mid February.. 3 + 4 were taken yesterday.

ImageImageImageImage

Sorry about the picture sizing. That's the best I could do .. Embarassed

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy that's just amazing how well the LS has improved your neck.
I'm so happy for you. Very Happy

I can't believe I actually got to see a pic before it was taken down! I usually miss out.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

I can't believe I actually got to see a pic before it was taken down! I usually miss out.

LOL! Glad you didn't miss it this time..

I just want to reiterate that I credit 75% of the improvement to the Sm Vaculifter, and 25% to AALS..

LED's are great in the long term, but for tightening like I've experienced the Vaculifter fit the bill..

I just wish I could use the 'V' on my entire face, but every time I try, the broken caps reappear with a vengeance..

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Kassy your neck looks fabulous!!!I know you are thrilled. Nanci could sell all the vaculifts she could get her hands on with these pictures. You have been a woman on a mission and I'd say your mission has been accomplished!!! You are rocking!!!!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:

LOL! Glad you didn't miss it this time..

I just want to reiterate that I credit 75% of the improvement to the Sm Vaculifter, and 25% to AALS..
LED's are great in the long term, but for tightening like I've experienced the Vaculifter fit the bill..

I just wish I could use the 'V' on my entire face, but every time I try, the broken caps reappear with a vengeance..

Right, you did say that.
I have a suction massage machine on the way in the mail. This one was quite expensive, but it has an assortment of cups and adjustable suction strength. Can't wait to start on it. By the looks of things between that and the LED the world is my oyster. Laughing
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like it is time to add a vaculifter to my AALS routine Think
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I heard back from Steve regarding my questions:

Quote:
Yes, the light can help with inflammation and you really can't use it too much as there are no known side-effects. We have never seen the light make hyper-pigmentation get worse. We have seen on rare occasions age spots get temporarily worse and then usually diminish completely. The lights best characteristic is it's ability to build collagen and elastin and thus reduce fine lines and wrinkles, usually in the first 3 to 8 weeks, but always by week 11.

There is a slight chance you may be pressing the light too tightly against the skin. It should be held gently against the skin. Also, many women use the light on their necks and the decollete with great results as far as fine lines, wrinkles and also many times with sun damage.

Please feel free to email any other questions.

Best wishes, Steve
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

On another note, for those who followed my neck and lower face issues with STOP, I am all back to normal now except for a small jowl/pouch on each side of my chin.. I'm happy to report that my neck looks outstanding (in fact tighter than it was 5 years ago)..

I give 25% of the improvement to the LED, and 75% credit goes to the small face Vaculifter, which I used every other day on my neck for about a month.

After about 6 weeks of aggressive use of my LED and Small Face Vaculifter on my dreaded neck after my STOP dilemma, things are finally getting back to normal.

The 1st picture was taken Jan 1 on my 59th birthday and way befor STOP treatments. The 2nd was taken after about 12 STOP treatments mid February.. 3 + 4 were taken yesterday.

ImageImageImageImage

Whoa, Kassy, what an amazing accomplishment. That's inspiring. STOP should have given you a refund.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to make it clear again, before anyone runs out to buy the Vaculifter..

My damage WAS NOT caused by the aging process, (as the 1st tiny picture on Jan 1, 2009 clearly shows I have no damage.) My damage came on quickly over the 5 weeks of STOP use, from what I believe was a defective device. (2nd picture shows this sudden looseness.)

I believe that I was able to undue quite a bit of the damage, because I attacked it quickly and often with the Vaculifter, topicals and also my LED, while the situation was still *new*.

I would have no way of knowing, if the Vaculifter would be as effective, for the same amount of damage, sustained over the years through the aging process...

With all that said though, I do highly recommend it, but would also caution that the more damage you have, the longer you give it to work.

girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
I'm a new LED user (used it the last 5 days...told my husband he didn't need to get me anything for Mother's Day as I took care of it Very Happy ) and want to thank everyone for all your guidance.

I'll be 58 in June so I have my work cut out for me...I found this research article (see link below) and was very interested to see the science behind the LED.

I can already see improvements and I did take pictures...talk about a reality check...one needs to prepare themselves for this Sad .

I love what it does for my eye bags and sinuses...I could actually feel the drainage down my throat the first night. It was worth the cost just for my eyes and sinuses.

Kassy, if I understand it correctly, you use the Alpha Hydrox which is 12% glycolic acid before you use your LED...is that correct? It seems like it would drive the acid deeper into your skin.

I have some 8% glycolic acid cream that I used right after the LED one night and it stung like the dickens...I had to rinse most of it off. If I use it without the LED, I hardly feel a thing.

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying the remodel!

Mary

PS. I can't link so look for..

blogs-zdnet-com/emergingtech/?p=1070&tag=nl.e539

That link doesn't work. btw

I've been using LED in my practice since 2001. (I'm a licensed esthetician). Anything you put on before the LED will be driven into the skin. I'm talking water soluble stuff, probably not oils and such, but I don't use those before as they can occlude the light). So, yes, an old/expired AHA will burn like "the dickens" lol (love that), especially if expired. You live and you learn, right?

The mixture Kassy uses probably doesn't burn her because the Hyaluronic Acid tempurs it quite a bit. Kind of like eating a hot pepper, they say don't drink water but eat some bread or I would say drink some oil (ew). It would cancel out that burn quickly.

HTH

Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I just want to make it clear again, before anyone runs out to buy the Vaculifter..

My damage WAS NOT caused by the aging process, (as the 1st tiny picture on Jan 1, 2009 clearly shows I have no damage.) My damage came on quickly over the 5 weeks of STOP use, from what I believe was a defective device. (2nd picture shows this sudden looseness.)

I believe that I was able to undue quite a bit of the damage, because I attacked it quickly and often with the Vaculifter, topicals and also my LED, while the situation was still *new*.

I would have no way of knowing, if the Vaculifter would be as effective, for the same amount of damage, sustained over the years through the aging process...

With all that said though, I do highly recommend it, but would also caution that the more damage you have, the longer you give it to work.

Kassy,

The sagging you got was definately from overuse of the STOP. However, I don't think it would have been irreversable. In my 10 years in practice, I've seen how resilient the skin can be. I'm a huge fan of infrared/red/amber/you-name-a-color LEDs as well.

I'm not a fan of vacuuming/suctioning the skin as I'm prone to capillary action (of the bad kind!) Still considering IPL but kind of a chicken. I've seen some scary results.

Anyway, congrats on getting your neck back. It's my area of angst as well. Might just bite the bullet and get a neck lift like my mom did. No amount of microcurrent/LED/dermarolling/galvanic/neck exercises seem to work anymore. sigh...

Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the AALS for a little less then a week so I'm not expecting to see results this fast, but I do have a question about the safety of it around the eyes.

Since one of the most dreaded parts of the face for wrinkles is the undereye area and crows feet area I would think that using it in these areas would be very advantageous. I also notice in the instruction manual that they show putting it right under the eye.

I have been reading different information about led and infrared (IR) light and the eyes...and one thing I have found is that there is some correlation between the continued exposure to IR light and the formation of cataracts. The fact that IR light does travel so deep into the skin it would be hard to say to just close your eyes, even if only using it right under the eyes, since some of the IR light and led light overcast would probably get to the eye area since it can travel so deep through the skin.

So what are others doing to treat the undereye area but to assure that the eyes are fully protected from the led lights?

LC
lilac56

Thu May 21, 2009 2:45 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
I have been using the AALS for a little less then a week so I'm not expecting to see results this fast, but I do have a question about the safety of it around the eyes.

Since one of the most dreaded parts of the face for wrinkles is the undereye area and crows feet area I would think that using it in these areas would be very advantageous. I also notice in the instruction manual that they show putting it right under the eye.

I have been reading different information about led and infrared (IR) light and the eyes...and one thing I have found is that there is some correlation between the continued exposure to IR light and the formation of cataracts. The fact that IR light does travel so deep into the skin it would be hard to say to just close your eyes, even if only using it right under the eyes, since some of the IR light and led light overcast would probably get to the eye area since it can travel so deep through the skin.

So what are others doing to treat the undereye area but to assure that the eyes are fully protected from the led lights?

LC

That's a good question and I was wondering about the eye area myself. You mention that you were reading in the instruction manual. Are we supposed to get a manual or just the instructions online. I'm asking because I got my LightStim on Saturday and there was no manual with it.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
lisa and lilac56 I put the AALS right over my eyes and seriously cannot see when I take it off. I have started putting on those tiny sun tanning goggles when I do over my eyes. They are small enough that they don't cover up the bags and wrinkles I am treating. I don't know if I am doing any damage without them but better safe then sorry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

ImageImageImageImage

Kassy,

I don't see any crepeyness on your neck. Do you attribute that to your pre AALS treatment?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
The best way I have found to treat the eye area, is to go all around the eye, avoiding only the eyeball. I keep my both eyes closed throughout that area. I haven't had any ill effect in the 20 months I've used the LED.

The instruction *manual* is a large, plastic postcard. All of the information you need is on the front and back.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Inky, I attribute the quick undoing of my *sudden* damage to a very aggressive regime which included topicals, Vaculifter and the LED.

Please read my previous post, which explains it all.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
girltwocb wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy,

The sagging you got was definately from overuse of the STOP. However, I don't think it would have been irreversable. In my 10 years in practice, I've seen how resilient the skin can be. I'm a huge fan of infrared/red/amber/you-name-a-color LEDs as well.

I'm not a fan of vacuuming/suctioning the skin as I'm prone to capillary action (of the bad kind!) Still considering IPL but kind of a chicken. I've seen some scary results.

Christine

Hi Christine, glad to have you aboard the LED train.. Very Happy

Just want you to know that my damage was not from overuse, but from what I believe was a defective device.. (Luckily, as far as I'm aware, I am the only one who had that problem.)

As for the vacuuming, I also sufferred from the broken cap woes when I used it on my cheeks, so I avoid that area like the plague now.. It did work wonders for my neck though, and I also use it on my arms and legs with fairly nice results. It's the best little gadget I'm aware of, to really get that circulation moving, and that results in a nicer, healthier skin overall.

Feel free to share all of your professional secrets with us... I'm sure I speak for the majority who post regularly in this thread, that we're all ears, and would love to know, everything you have found that works great... Very Happy

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
KASSY_A - Could I please have your opinion on "Body Peel" from Cellbone - 15% Alpha Hydroxy Acid with DMAE - Could I substitute this for the Alpha Hydroxy Souffle?www.cellbone.com/Bodypeel.htm

Body Peel rejuvenating moisturizer serum

Body Hydration and Rejuvenation treatment with 15% Alpha Hydroxy Acid and DMAE in a high potency Hyaluronic Acid solution

Body Peel rejuvenating moisturizer serum easily penetrates into your skin to exfoliate outer layers of dead skin cells that dull your complexion and immediately exposes a clear, softer, more radiant skin.

At the same time, the serum will stimulate the growth of new cells so that your complexion will continue to maintain healthy youthful look.

Body Peel serum will also firm the skin and reduce hyper-pigmentation to even skin tone.

Our advanced formula has a high potency Hyaluronic Acid for longer moisturizing effect and contains Menthol and Cucumber Flower Extract for an amazingly cool, soothing and refreshing experience. This pure Glycolic Acid (purity of 99.7%) in the Body Peel Serum is used to enhance performance in many topical over the counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) applications.

Stimulates new skin cells for long-term health skin

Exfoliates dead skin cells for immediate clarity

Promotes younger looking skin by firming the skin

Improves skin elasticity, hydration and texture

Menthol and Cucumber Flower Extract soothes and cools

Ingredients:

Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin. Sodium Lactate, Willow bark Extract, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Butyleneglycol, Panthenol, Aloe Vera Extract, Cucumber Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Algae Extract, Bilberry Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, DMAE, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Menthol
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote: How long per area does everyone leave AALS on? I have been leaving it directly on skin for 3 minutes. Sometimes I even have it on for 4-5 minutes if I forgot to move it. Is there such a thing as too much LED?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Don't leave it anywhere for 4-5 mins! I have a patch of damaged skin where I "overlapped" an area under my eye and that spot got 5-6 mins. I am extremely careful now to ALWAYS use a timer, and not overlap area's!

Also...Regarding the comment that the AALS unit is cheaply made, I disagree. Have you ever seen the DPL unit?? Now that is cheap!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Well ladies update time again - I have been using the AALS since the last week in February. The first 90 days I used it basically 5-6 times a week and now I am used at least 3 a week sometimes more. 90% of the time I use Kassy AHA pre-treatment serum which I believe is equally responsible for the great results.

The results are phenomenal!!! It is to the point that I don't even have to look back at the before pics to see the improvement. A girlfriend I hadn't seen in about 6 weeks commented last week that I have zero visible crows feet - where did they go??? Laughing The beginnings of what were going to be serious jowls at the corners of my mouth are greatly reduced; hopefully in six months they will be completely gone.

If you are sitting on the fence on this purchase jump off and get going!!!! It isn't cheap but worth every dime!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
http://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=1070&tag=nl.e539

This seems to be a good research study on LED and it's effect on wrinkles...let me know what you think...thanks!

Mary
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Well ladies update time again - I have been using the AALS since the last week in February. The first 90 days I used it basically 5-6 times a week and now I am used at least 3 a week sometimes more. 90% of the time I use Kassy AHA pre-treatment serum which I believe is equally responsible for the great results.

The results are phenomenal!!! It is to the point that I don't even have to look back at the before pics to see the improvement. A girlfriend I hadn't seen in about 6 weeks commented last week that I have zero visible crows feet - where did they go??? Laughing The beginnings of what were going to be serious jowls at the corners of my mouth are greatly reduced; hopefully in six months they will be completely gone.

If you are sitting on the fence on this purchase jump off and get going!!!! It isn't cheap but worth every dime!

Dancing

Yay Alley Cat.. I'm thinking back to a few months ago, and how upset you were about things, and all the emails, pictures, etc.. we shared. I'm so happy the LED and DIY concoctions have done
*exactly what I told you they would*... Laughing

It's posts like yours, and the personal contact from so many of you, that really keep me motivated to share what I've learned. It makes it much easier to ignore the backstabbers, phonies and nay sayers, who really haven't got a clue what I'm all about.. Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing (They sure do read what I write though, and often times copy it elsewhere.. tsk! tsk! .. Laughing ) shhh!

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |