Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Items that were your HG previously turned out to be.........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
something that you hate afterwards? For me, it is the Everyday Mineral. At first when I used it, it's like I have fallen with lov with it. It evens out my skintone and gives me a nice glow. I've been using it for a bit more than 1/2 a yr until I noticed how cakey & powdery it looked on me. Also, it doesn't seem to cover all my flaws too. But I still stick with it for another few months cuz I'm sick & tired of ordering samples again from other MMU companies. It's really an exhausting task.

Also, I don't feel like spending $$$ on it having a feeling that most MMU are the same.

So anyone experienced the same? Let's share! Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness. YES. I could not even begin to tell you how many products I have tried over the years (20 years) to be exact that I liked to begin with and then two weeks-1 year into using it, I hated it. I do believe that our skin becomes immune to products and/or changes...so what we once loved-our skin no longer loves. From facial cleansers-to make up powders to hair products the list is endless. Really, I could not even begin to give you names, it would be such a long post! So Stardustdy, you are not alone my dear. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
There's long previous thread on here I started a while back titled something "What product did you like AT FIRST..." There's pretty good evidence that our skin acclimates to ingredients, and the effect of products are altered. Happens with hair, we all know. Also skin. And realize, skin changes a LOT depending on our diets and lifestyles, of course.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
something that you hate afterwards? For me, it is the Everyday Mineral. At first when I used it, it's like I have fallen with lov with it. It evens out my skintone and gives me a nice glow. I've been using it for a bit more than 1/2 a yr until I noticed how cakey & powdery it looked on me. Also, it doesn't seem to cover all my flaws too. But I still stick with it for another few months cuz I'm sick & tired of ordering samples again from other MMU companies. It's really an exhausting task.

Also, I don't feel like spending $$$ on it having a feeling that most MMU are the same.

So anyone experienced the same? Let's share! Very Happy

All MMU are not the same. I had used EDM. I am quite oily and I find that the coverage did not last. I have tried other MMU companies.

I have a list of favorites:
Silk Natural - finishing powders, eye shadows and lippies, Sleep in a jar concealer, Unblush as a primer
Lumiere VV - foundation
Jenulence - full coverage foundation about to be replaced by

Blusche - Canadian company just released full coverage foundation
Also great brushes at reasonable cost
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Our skin and it's needs does changes with age, climate, weather/seasons... so maybe what is a HG in your 20's won't be the next year due to any combination of the above.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed with sis sweet. I encounter the same problem, products that works at my twenties is not working now, when I turn 30 I noticed larger pores and dryer skin so I had to switch. I like my skin but wish that someone can tell me what to use to tighten my pores and skin. Any suggestions?
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
It's gotta be Clinique 3 step. In particular the toners. I loved this when I got it because I thought the 'tingling; was cleaning my pores. After using it for a month or so I was totally put off it when I realized how drying it was. In particular once I tried some better product I completely hated clinique 3 step..

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 am      Reply with quote
all the shiseido skincare line:

- the most expensive one caused my couperose
- then i went down from bioperformance to the cheapest one (so the "lightest" one), which all initially showed a nice improvement on my skin, but always at the time when the bottle/pot was almost gone everything seemed to go back to the original state...

i will never return to shiseido, and recently gave kanebo premier a try, which didnt do anything either for me...

i think im pretty done with the japanese skincare...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
racheli, are u saying that the Shiseido line gives u couperose? That's serious!! What did you use?
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
this happened in winter 2002/2003...
as a highly inexperienced not-a-f-clue having women i went to some huge shop, figuring out shiseido as known and prestigious, and simply bought their most expensive cream: "future solution"
also i bought more (new) items: phantene shampoo, make up, cleansers...

after maybe two weeks or more, i dont remember really, my face started burning all over... it was like a very very heavy sunburn...

i dropped one item after the other, initially i thought its the shampoo, then the following days continueing with everything else and hoping/luring if it would get better... then i thought, maybe there was just something wrong with the cream production ? or something happened to the cream, i put my finger in ?

so long story - it did hurt and burn so much that i struggled to sleep at night... eventually i put all things together and dropped it into the trash bin...
then - to pamper my skin - i went to the shop to get me another pot of this proven-gorgeous cream... and things went worse...

it sounds ridiculous, but as i tried to drop one thing after the other, waiting if anything would improve and so on, was so sure that this cream is best of the best, it took all quite a while and during this - it became more terrible...

since then i have the broken vessels all over the nose and cheeks...

once when they tried my to talk into shiseido in the shop, i told her about...and she said, this cream was maybe "too much" for me...
but - really - even if, something like this shouldnt happen...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
racheli, I'm so sry to hear about this. Perhaps you should take all the products back to the Shiseido counter to return it. At least, you get your money back.

From what I learned, I tried to introduce one product to my skincare one at a time. So when things go wrong, I know it's that one new product that I'm using. Before, I was like you, use all the new stuff all at once thinking it'll do good to my skin. Sometimes I feel that using simple things on my skin is the best.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |