Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)
discolouration from acne scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a product that will help fade the discolouration caused by acne scarring. My chin has so many spots on it, that I have to hide it with heavy duty concealer. If I don't people ask what happened to me. Any suggestions?
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Prolagene Gel is supposed to be good for scarring. Check it out in the EDS Store.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Decleor_Prolagene_Gel.htm
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I sound like a broken record here am sure but the Obagi system got rid of all my discolorations from scarring.

If you can stand the initial peeling and redness after a month the payoff is well worth it.

Sherri
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
From what i've heard at home peels are good for this type of problem , using alpha hydroxy and salycilic (Sage Advice have some at www.sageadv.com...although i also heard they can be a a little painful...to each there own i guess!
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
On another thread titled "hyperpigmentation" I shared the following...

For hyperpigmentation I highly recommend the Q-switched Ruby laser. I'm 37 yrs. old now, but back when I was in my teens, I was known to squeeze those annoying pimples and as a result, an area on both my right and left cheek had post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that never cleared up. I used Retin-a, hydroquinone, porcelana, Apple cider vinegar, salicylic acid, and various topicals. Nothing got rid of this hyperpigmentation that seemed deeply imbedded over the years. I daily used concealer to lighten them. Over this summer, I read an article about laser treatments that don't cut the skin, but treats hyperpigmentation. And since I tend to keloid, I needed something done that didn't cut skin. So, I asked my dermatologist about it, and lo and behold, he said that he has the Q-switched ruby laser which takes care of hyperpigmentation. He walked me over to the nurse who was available to do this procedure during my visit, so I didn't have to schedule another appointment. Gotta love that. I didn't need any numbing done to my cheeks. I had to wear those special glasses to protect my eyes, and the said I would feel pulses like a rubber band smacking my cheeks. It wasn't bad, and well worth it for the results I was hoping to attain. At first, right after the laser treatment the areas on my cheeks looked frosty white, then it faded into a bruised look. There was no cutting involved. All I had to do is apply vaseline 2 times daily to the area for 7 days. Then the area would form a thin scab and it would fall off. That thin scab fell off exactly 7 days after treatment, and I had white, new skin underneath. My skin is actually naturally tan, but the nurse told me that the pigment of my skin will return, and to give it 6 months for the full effect making sure to always wear sunblock. What a difference. I only wish that I had the nurse do the other 3 spots I had from recent post-acne hyperpigmentation. But I knew those would definately fade in several weeks since I didn't damage those areas by profusely squeezing the pimples there. I hope this helps somebody. If my insurance doesn't cover it, then the nurse told me it'll cost me $200. After all the topicals I've used over the years that didn't work, it was well worth it.

The YAG laser also works the same way.

I hope this helps.

Rita
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I find that using a good exfoliate is great for lessening the dark marks, though it doesn't remove them 100%.

Also follow up with a nutrient rich moisturiser or serum.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml)