Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

24yrs old, my skin looks uneven, how to fix?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am fairy pale, with combo/oily skin. It's weird but my face color doesn't match my neck. It looks soo red, where i can't even wear pink blushes or it'll look gross! Any ideas on how to calm it down a bit? I was thinking about purchasing Dremu oil but not sure. Help!! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of skin products do you use? Maybe the products are too harsh for your skin.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
What kind of skin products do you use? Maybe the products are too harsh for your skin.

I use aveda creme cleanser, kate sommerville toner, eminence gel lotion...psf resurfacing crystals 2 a week, kate sommerville clarifying mask 2 a week.

It's not because what i'm using is too harsh..it's just a typical thing that happens to fair skinned people. It's not super red or anything..but all my life it has had more red tones compared to everywhere else on my body. I hate it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
it sounds we are in the same boat, cortigirl Shock
I also have this problem and also need HELP!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can try honey masks? I find honey masks calm my skin and make it glow Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Maybe you can try honey masks? I find honey masks calm my skin and make it glow Smile

U just put pure honey on your face? And if so, how long? That's kind of a neat idea, never thought of such a thing!

Thanks for the advice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
As you are still young, I highly recommend Dermalogica skin care line to you. I suggest you to call the customer service number at EDS and consult with them so you can pick the right products from Dermalogica. I believed you will like it.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
As you are still young, I highly recommend Dermalogica skin care line to you. I suggest you to call the customer service number at EDS and consult with them so you can pick the right products from Dermalogica. I believed you will like it.

Actually i used to be on Dermalogica and i hated it. The only thing i like about that skin care line is the micro exfoliant. What i'm using now makes my skin look picture perfect. Basically though what annoys me is i wish my skin would look more creamy and yellowy like my neck does. Instead though my face has pigments of red in it, so to wear pink blush..it doesn't really stand out. If you have fair skin..you might be able to relate. It's annoying lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I cant believe you complain about your fair skin- lol. do you know there are millions of people that wants their skin more fair. I agreed, I love the dermalogica microfolient as well and I still use it every now and then to exfoliate my dead skin. Your skin is going to look great as you are already taking care of it at such young age!!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
Nimue wrote:

U just put pure honey on your face? And if so, how long? That's kind of a neat idea, never thought of such a thing!

Thanks for the advice.

I mix it with a little milk (you can use tea or anything) to make it thinner and easier to spread. Honey masks are abolutely awesome. I leave it on until it dries, generally 15 minutes. It's really easy to wash off since honey dissolves in water. Honey's so awesome because it both hydrates and cleans. Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
cortigirl wrote:
Nimue wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

I mix it with a little milk (you can use tea or anything) to make it thinner and easier to spread. Honey masks are abolutely awesome. I leave it on until it dries, generally 15 minutes. It's really easy to wash off since honey dissolves in water. Honey's so awesome because it both hydrates and cleans. Smile

I did the honey mask a couple of hours ago. I actually am not the biggest fan of it. I didn't find it to do much for me. I actually prefer the kate somerville clearing mask a lot! You should try it if you haven't yet Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Rosacea? Do a search and see what products others suggest.

Many fair-skinned folks do suffer from redness, and use cosmetic "correctors" to even out their skin. Oat beta glucans, zinc oxide, chamomile -- these are actives that soothe skin. And there are many, many products specifically designed to "take the red out."

You'll get lots more advice, I'm sure. From fair-skinned others with rosacea. . . Be patient.

Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just joined the group. I am 40yr. I have started to feel that my facial skin is loosing its elasticity and that I need to good cream to keep it tight, toned and in place. heard abt Ferox Pure Plump. Anyone out there have tried this product and how effective it is??? Any idea where in Dubai can i find this product.

Any other products that you would suggest???

Many thanks

Sharron
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi cortigirl,

Sidda had a good point about the possibility that you have rosacea:
http://www.medicinenet.com/rosacea/article.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosacea

Your description of your face sounds more like the phase pre-rosacea - redness and flushing - sorry I can't cut and paste the description but it's here:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rosacea/DS00308/DSECTION=2
The treatment of this is more about being gentle with your skin and possible treatment with anti-inflammatories:
http://www.skincarephysicians.com/rosaceanet/treatment.html
For this, you might want to look into Dr. Perricone's anti-inflammatory diet.

I'm fair too but don't really have that problem but yes, I do tend to be pinkish.

There are products out there to calm the skin. Some are marketed for rosacea but can be used by others. For instance:
http://skinactives.com/products/rosacea.htm
http://www.rosaceacare.com/

Maybe you can invest in going to a professional - aesthetician or dermatologist - and see what they recommend. You also may be exacerbating an underlying tendency with your fair skin by masking and exfoliating too much. I can't tell cause I don't know the products you are using. I just know when I saw an aesthetician, she immediately told me I was being too agressive with acids and drying masks (clay ones v. moisturizing ones) and told me to focus predominantly on moisturizing. I changed my skin protocol and my skin has greatly improved in many ways since that visit more than a year ago.

Best wishes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 1:49 am      Reply with quote
sharron wrote:
I just joined the group. I am 40yr. I have started to feel that my facial skin is loosing its elasticity and that I need to good cream to keep it tight, toned and in place. heard abt Ferox Pure Plump. Anyone out there have tried this product and how effective it is??? Any idea where in Dubai can i find this product.

Welcome to the EDS Forum, Sharron.

You might be better off starting your own thread to address your issues versus writing on this one.

But there is a thread on the Ferox product sold here at EDS:
Product
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ferox-pure-pulp-by-velds-p_7375.htm
Review
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=309522#309522

You may also want to consider doing facial exercises or investing in a electrical stimulation device like the Nuface. You can learn more about either of these by doing a search on the EDS Forum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Hi cortigirl,

Sidda had a good point about the possibility that you have rosacea:
http://www.medicinenet.com/rosacea/article.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosacea

Your description of your face sounds more like the phase pre-rosacea - redness and flushing - sorry I can't cut and paste the description but it's here:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rosacea/DS00308/DSECTION=2
The treatment of this is more about being gentle with your skin and possible treatment with anti-inflammatories:
http://www.skincarephysicians.com/rosaceanet/treatment.html
For this, you might want to look into Dr. Perricone's anti-inflammatory diet.

I'm fair too but don't really have that problem but yes, I do tend to be pinkish.

There are products out there to calm the skin. Some are marketed for rosacea but can be used by others. For instance:
http://www.rosaceacare.com/

Maybe you can invest in going to a professional - aesthetician or dermatologist - and see what they recommend. You also may be exacerbating an underlying tendency with your fair skin by masking and exfoliating too much. I can't tell cause I don't know the products you are using. I just know when I saw an aesthetician, she immediately told me I was being too agressive with acids and drying masks (clay ones v. moisturizing ones) and told me to focus predominantly on moisturizing. I changed my skin protocol and my skin has greatly improved in many ways since that visit more than a year ago.

Best wishes!

Thank you for all your research! What's so weird is that my skin is pretty flawless. I don't have any weird patches..or anything like that. Just all my life my face was a lot more pink then my neck. So i'm not sure if that's rosacea or not. I know i'm very gentle on my face..considering i've always had this even when i wasn't using any face products. I will try these rosacea fixes and see if that helps! Thanks again Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
can retinol products be used on a rosacea-prone person?

I`m still not sure if I have rosacea, but my face is also a little bit pinkish and differs in colour from my neck Shock

I`m using Avene retinaldehyde Ystheal and planning to switch to Eluage or Diacneal.
will they not make me more pinky?

and what about retin A? can it be used?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cortigirl,

From what you wrote, I was pretty sure you didn't have spots but the tendency towards red (which does sound like the description of pre-rosacea). I think us fair gals are more pre-disposed to this and to having sensitive skin.

Like Sidda said, "Many fair-skinned folks do suffer from redness, and use cosmetic "correctors" to even out their skin. Oat beta glucans, zinc oxide, chamomile -- these are actives that soothe skin. And there are many, many products specifically designed to "take the red out."

The Skin Actives product looks good to try:
Ingredients: Aloe vera juice, sea kelp bioferment, pomegranate (Punica granatum) extract, natural active peptides, green tea (Camellia sinensis) extract, hyaluronic acid, glutathione, epidermal growth factor BT, phenoxyethanol (and) methylparaben (and) isopropylparaben (and) isobutylparaben (and) butylparaben. . The preservative is LiquaPar Optima. Not a drop of water! Not a drop of fillers!

I would also look into incorporating some ideas from Dr. Perricone's anti-inflammatory diet. You probably can check out a book of his from the library or find the info online.

Hope things work out well for you!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |