Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
What can I use for sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
What products are good on sensitive skin? What's the best way to care for it?

My upper chest/lower neck has been sensitive for a while - always first to sunburn, get sun poisoning, etc. I do also experience breakouts of some sort there and have fine 'pimple' like bumps occasionally (but, not true acne). At present - it's looking somewhat sunburned (so it's pretty irritated right now)

Does anyone else experience this and what do you do for it? I think I need to try to return the skin to a normal condition before I continue using any anti-aging strategies on it. (I've been using some exfoliants and CP & vit C that I just started recently, but this condition has always been there)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Use physical sunscreen that's a good preventative measure and won't irritate you. Xinc oxide is actually healing/calming. Use products that don't have enything that's going to irritate you. I like the 100% pure brand.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you to try either MD Forte or Dermalogica. Both lines are good for younger woman in my opinion. As far as sunscreen MD Forte has a cheaper sunscreen with good ingredients. I highly recommend both product lines.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
There is a skin care line called SIMPLE- it's very very affordeable and sensitive skin loves it!
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you find Simple and does it comes with a complete skin care line, ie. cleanser toner, moisturizer, wringle cream, vit c, sunscreen, etc? and what age group is its targeted clients?
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
sisley or Genetic!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
happylydia- what is 'sisley or Genetic'?

seno - I've never heard of Simple either - can you tell me more?

ALSO - I've done some research and think I've got some Rosacea on my chest. I will get an opinion from a derm sometime in the next mo or so (takes a while to get in to see him). But, from what I've read - I've got the symptoms:

irritation from - heat, showering, sun, perfumes, BHA usage, etc, etc. Also shows up as a bright red rash temporarily after exposure to the above. Can also get pimple like bumps and too much exposure to the sun brings on sun poisoning.

Now - I just need to learn how to treat this. Eventually, I'd like to do some anti-aging stuff on my chest too. Treat the rosacea first, tho.

If those products you mention can help in some regard - tell me MORE! Please Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
my supersensitive skin loves jurlique's calendula cream. also recommended it to my manager who gets red irritated skin and she loves it! it says on the bottle that it's great for "after sun" skin.
havana8

Mon May 26, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
happylydia- what is 'sisley or Genetic'?

Gernetic on EDS....

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/gernetic-skin-care-products.htm
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
For sensitive skin its a matter of eliminating what can cause more problems. Generally, colours, fragrances, AHAs and for me preservitives, citric acid will bother my skin. Using something really mild is ideal and if there are any essential oils they should be the kind that is calming like chamomile.

I have heard good things about Micelluar cleansers and I looked at the Bioderma Sensibio line and it looks okay. Also La Roche Posay and Avene look okay but the ingredients are not that remarkable but at least its not harsh either.
sally72
5% products discount

Tue May 27, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I suggest trying any of the Cetaphil product line. They also have products for extremely sensitive skin, aren't too expensive and are easy to find at any pharmacy or grocery store. Plus, they are great products.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
For sensitive skin i think its best to use organic, natural products. Try to avoid products which contain alcohol and perfum as this can irritate the skin.

Look for anti-inflammatory ingredients such as cucumber, chamomile, Aloe Vera, licorice root extract (Licochalcone) Niacinamide, Calendula, Evening Primrose,

Other ingredients such as Rose (Rosa damascena, allantoin, Bisabolol, Neroli

Antioxidants like vitamins C and E and green tea

In addition the fewer the ingredients in a product, the less likely it will cause irriation

sun protection is very important

Mineral makeup (if you prefer to wear makeup)

Some other useful hints and tips: http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/skincare/facial/articles/0,,547687_183242,00.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil is great on sensitive skin. Simple can be purchased in Priceline (in Australia).
Try this websites to find out more about the product:
http://www.simpleskincare.com.au/simpleskincare/home.aspx

And heres one you can buy it from:

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--214_Skin_Care_Simple__fs_3638_e__

I don't know if they sell this outside of Australia. But I really recommend it for a few reasons. It's effective, it's gentle, perfume & color free and it's very very well priced.

They have an anti-aging skin care line(40s & 50s) and an age-resisting (30s) and an everyday skin care line (this is what I used- 20s)..

Let me know how you go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think Cetaphil is all that great for sensitive skin. Here's a great post by one of our own, ginnielizz from her blog:

http://www.alleyesonher.com/2008/04/08/busting-the-cetaphil-myth/

seno wrote:
Cetaphil is great on sensitive skin. Simple can be purchased in Priceline (in Australia).
Try this websites to find out more about the product:
http://www.simpleskincare.com.au/simpleskincare/home.aspx

And heres one you can buy it from:

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--214_Skin_Care_Simple__fs_3638_e__

I don't know if they sell this outside of Australia. But I really recommend it for a few reasons. It's effective, it's gentle, perfume & color free and it's very very well priced.

They have an anti-aging skin care line(40s & 50s) and an age-resisting (30s) and an everyday skin care line (this is what I used- 20s)..

Let me know how you go.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you should try some natural brands, such as juice beauty and PSF. PSF is a hot brand in this forum,it has many good reviews products.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty has a lot of citric acid juices for preserving and exfoliation. Not good for sensitive skin. PSF is better though not all natural it does have a good formulation and the prices are very good.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
Juice Beauty has a lot of citric acid juices for preserving and exfoliation. Not good for sensitive skin. PSF is better though not all natural it does have a good formulation and the prices are very good.

From the products I've tried so far, I would recommend PSF. I don't think juice beauty is all the great...
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Simple is the least irritating and most effective I have used thus far.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have sensitive skin and Cetaphil didn't worked for me. I use Cellcosmet cleansing cream and Cellcosmet sensitive day and night creams to moisturize. Sometimes I use jojoba and other types of oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Hi, I have sensitive skin and Cetaphil didn't worked for me. I use Cellcosmet cleansing cream and Cellcosmet sensitive day and night creams to moisturize. Sometimes I use jojoba and other types of oils.

That's a good solution also. When I'm feeling sensitive, I just use pure oil on my face, because I know it won't irritate me.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
What products are good on sensitive skin? What's the best way to care for it?

Use simple cleansing products. You can use a microfiber cloth and water only. Or look into investing in a Clarisonic or Pretika skin brush.

Use a simple moisturizer. You'll have to test what works best for your skin but check out carrier oils and their properties and buy one you think would fit your skin needs. Here are two sites with carrier oil properties listed:
http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/whatcarr.asp
http://www.zhealthinfo.com/carrier.htm
Or consider trying emu or squalene oil. You can get samples of both at Diana Yvonne: www.dianayvonne.com/category/179availablesamples/

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use Juice Beauty and it seems to work well with my sensitive skin, however i am oily too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! So many different ideas. Thanks for all of those ideas. I wonder, tho, what would be best- considering that it's my chest we're talking about and that I think it might be Rosacea. Seems that all I've been reading about rosacea is that it's mighty sensitive to many products out there.

I've already tried an anti-dandruff shampoo that I read about elsewhere (might've been here) for rosacea and that seemed to settle things down a bit (I've only used it a couple of times so far). The theory behind this is the shampoo works against some mite that lays in the skin. My skin has reacted well to it.

I would still love to treat some aging of my skin on my decolletage. My chest has just not done well w/ the sun at all, and, considering my age - it has shown it's age. It might only be the rosacea that makes it look so bad, but it is showing poor texture, skin thickness, bumps (thanks rosacea acne), and - the REDNESS. Someone I just met today had to mention that it looked like I'd been out in the sun alot due to that redness. AND - I keep SPF 55 UVA/UVB protection on it!

I wonder if I can use any copper peptides, BHA's, or vitamin C's on this type of sensitive skin at all. I've just added these things to my facial routine and it has shown great strides to improvements there. But, with my sensitive decolletage, can those things be used? Or, does anyone have any other ideas for this type of problem?

Thanks, everyone, for all your ideas so far. I will look into them. Just would like to hear some more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I think you should use oil soluble vitamin C on your chest. Oil soluble vitamin C is less irritating than water soluble vitamin C.

foxe wrote:
Wow! So many different ideas. Thanks for all of those ideas. I wonder, tho, what would be best- considering that it's my chest we're talking about and that I think it might be Rosacea. Seems that all I've been reading about rosacea is that it's mighty sensitive to many products out there.

I've already tried an anti-dandruff shampoo that I read about elsewhere (might've been here) for rosacea and that seemed to settle things down a bit (I've only used it a couple of times so far). The theory behind this is the shampoo works against some mite that lays in the skin. My skin has reacted well to it.

I would still love to treat some aging of my skin on my decolletage. My chest has just not done well w/ the sun at all, and, considering my age - it has shown it's age. It might only be the rosacea that makes it look so bad, but it is showing poor texture, skin thickness, bumps (thanks rosacea acne), and - the REDNESS. Someone I just met today had to mention that it looked like I'd been out in the sun alot due to that redness. AND - I keep SPF 55 UVA/UVB protection on it!

I wonder if I can use any copper peptides, BHA's, or vitamin C's on this type of sensitive skin at all. I've just added these things to my facial routine and it has shown great strides to improvements there. But, with my sensitive decolletage, can those things be used? Or, does anyone have any other ideas for this type of problem?

Thanks, everyone, for all your ideas so far. I will look into them. Just would like to hear some more.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

You might want to invest in an LED device with both infrared and amber lights. Right now the ones that are being talked about most are Prolight and LightStim Anti-Aging. Baby Quasar doesn't have amber lights.

I probably would stay away from BHA's or anything that could cause inflammation in this area. Clean it well and moisturize as I recommended earlier. You could spot check different topicals (vit. C, copper peptides, etc. and see how your skin reacts). Some rosacea and/or lessening redness products might help. Skin Actives has a nice combo for rosacea. You might even try to get a sample of a Karin Herzog oxygen product and spot check on your chest skin.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |