Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Take on Cellcosmet Concentrated Trial Kit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I had been wanting to switch to another skincare product that do not use RetinA/Retinol and Hydroquinone, as we are trying for a baby.

Background:
Skin:
1. Combination to oily skin (t-zone only)
2. Slight acne prone on chin area.
3. Neck Lines that was greatly improved by Obagi.
4. swears by Retin A!
5. Last skincare range prior to Cellcosmet is Obagi Nuderm line - whole series.

Enviroment: In hot and humid country (Asia).
-----------------------------------------
Product:
Cellcosmet Trial Kit Concentrated Day Pack (5 items)

1. Cellcosmet Purifying Gel 5ml

A little of this is needed, I am pleasantly surprised by the clean feeling after washing and my face do not feel stripped. Very gentle on my skin.

Rate: 4/5
(-1 as I am those who love foamy cleanser but I might just convert because this is soo nice!)

2. Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual-Action 3ml

Oh gosh, I love this! After one try before heading to bed, I woke up with lesser black heads on my nose! I was looking for some enzymes based scrub/mask or serum for blackheads and this it IT!

I had a previous post asking for products recommendation and a lady asked me to wait for my Dual Action, I am soo glad she had given excellent advise!

Rate: 5/5 *love love love* Must buy!

3. Cellcosmet Activator Gel 3ml
I applied this to my face and neck on damp skin. I can feel the tingling feeling on my face (not unpleasant)and I massage my skin during that 2-5 mins. Rinse off, drab dry and followed by moisturizers.

Rate: 4/5
-1 because I can't understand how this product works, but when it is used before moisturizing, the difference is significant. So I am highly enabled to get this!

4. Cellcosmet Concentrated Day Cream 3ml
A little goes a long way, I apply the cream both day and night and apply it while the skin is still damp. It gets absorbed in really fast and no greasy feeling, even after a night's of sleep. I really like this. I have been worried that it might be too rich for me, but no, so far soo good!

Rate: 5/5 *will buy*
Not too greasy/rich, absorbed by my skin very fast, leaves in a matte finish.

5. Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream 3ml
I have very oil eyelids and eye area, if I use something too rich, I end up with milas, I had them removed a few times by laser so I do not use eyecream. BUT with me being 33, I need to protect my eyearea.

I use very little of this eyecream, on ring finger and drab it on the lower eye area and also on my eyelids (I know some will say it's a no-no but nothing bad happened).

It does address the inner eye area I see an improvement, but I have no lines yet (touch wood) on the outer eyes, so I can't be a good judge if that will work on outer eye lines.

Rate: 5/5 since I did not get mila on my eye area.

Overall review:
My fav products from this kit is the activator, dual action and the moisturizer. These 3 are my must get items, well, if money is not an issue, I will get the full kit. I like using products from the same series because it gives better results at a faster time.

I love the texture of my face, plump now. I noticed some of my redness area, the "C"s at the bottom of the nose is getting lighter. I am pleasantly surprised! I wanted a skincare that can keep my acne/whiteheads/blackheads at bay and even out the skintone and of course reduce wrinkles. I have necklines that I have been battling, my mom said those neck lines are because I was a FAT baby!

I am very pleased with Cellcosmet products and will go 100% with them. Previously, I said I will still get the obagi clear #3, now, I am safe to say, I will dish that idea and go with Cellcosmet's dual action instead ^__^

Ohh, you can tell I am a Cellcosmet convert! LOL!

Thanks for the previous reviews and recommendations without them I would not have tried Cellcosmet, since I never heard of them prior to EDS forum. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thanks for the review mrspiggy. i was thinking about trying out this same kit. also for the price on eds. sounds like a steal if you want to try out a broad selection of cellcosmet products.

tell us more about the dual activator. does it help with the neck lines? I have really bad horizontal neck lines which bother me so much.
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
Wow thanks for the review mrspiggy. i was thinking about trying out this same kit. also for the price on eds. sounds like a steal if you want to try out a broad selection of cellcosmet products.

tell us more about the dual activator. does it help with the neck lines? I have really bad horizontal neck lines which bother me so much.

I had very bad necklines and it was much better after Obagi treatment - like 50-70% better than before. With the Cellcosmet products, gel cleanser, dual action, activator and concentrate day cream, it looks more plump and the lines less obvious. I can't tell you exactly if it helps for the neck lines because I used Obagi longer than cellcosmet and Obagi after the whole treatment series it is visibly much better than before. I think with longer usage, Cellcosmet should gives results too, but I have only been using for a week, so I can't tell you honestly the impact.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
ok thanks for the feedback mrspiggy. which obagi did you use for your necklines?
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thats a lot of info. I was going to suggest Dermalogica or MD Forte for you and you can alos use SkinCeuticals as well. I liked all three product lines and I believed you can use it until you have your baby. Good luck.
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
ok thanks for the feedback mrspiggy. which obagi did you use for your necklines?

I used the NuDerm series, #3 and #5 with retin A nightly and sunblock in the day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Wow, thats a lot of info. I was going to suggest Dermalogica or MD Forte for you and you can alos use SkinCeuticals as well. I liked all three product lines and I believed you can use it until you have your baby. Good luck.

I started with MD Forte in 2000 and that's how I got started with EDS. (I lost my previous acct) but yes, MD Forte Lotion II and then I went to SkinCeuticals and I hate it, the silk cream moisturizer broke me out. I was on CP serum and the BHA that Dr P has and I was on CMI Therapy (enzymes based) and I went on Mama Lotion from another website before EDS started carrying them, even tried green lotion hehehee but that is egons ago. Ohh I even went DIY with essential oils and carrier based and bought tons of supplies of these and MMUs. LOL! But they worked for a while and then don't.

I swear by mama lotion but I wanted something more ompf and clear all the rubbish my skin is going throu. Obagi was excellent, I used it for 2007 and now, it is time to switch to another product. I am a believer of switching products and allowing my skin to heal, breathe. After Obagi, I wanted to encourage collagen growth and I was looking at IS Clinical stuff but reviews of Cellcosmet keep popping up, so tried them and I love them.

yes, that's the story of my skin hehee oh I even did my own acid peel from the makeup artist choice or something like that. Eeekks.. I won't do that again. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I heard about mama lotion and at one point received a small sample but never used it....what does it do to your skin? I am using Obagi with skinceuticals vit c and b5 hydrating gel but as soon I won't be able to skinceuticals online I am looking for a replacement. Thanks,
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
I heard about mama lotion and at one point received a small sample but never used it....what does it do to your skin? I am using Obagi with skinceuticals vit c and b5 hydrating gel but as soon I won't be able to skinceuticals online I am looking for a replacement. Thanks,

Mama lotion is 10% Mandelic acid and 10% Malic Acid. Works better than Glycolic as it is milder on skin so most will be able to withstand/tolerate it better.

Personally, I find Mama Lotion better than Glycolic Acid.

You using Obagi which series? Nuderm? in the night and Vit C & B5 in morning? How you like the combo? I am not a fan of combo treatment Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the full size of the moisturizer and dual action ^__^

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for this review mrspiggy, their products are quite expensive so im not too reluctant to buy but your review is wonderful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Would you mind sharing the ingredients?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm a fan of Cellcosmet also. It is expensive, but it's a reliable basic skincare with high concentration that last a long time.

I'm still bit confused about the activator, but it seems to work really well with my rountine.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I received the sample as a gift (after a large order to eds) ..I really liked it ..liked it so much I ordered another sample kit...but haven't gotten to it yet...
thanks for the review..reminded me to try it again...
now just trying to find a good high % vit c..any ideas Very Happy
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
mrspiggy wrote:
sfong wrote:

Mama lotion is 10% Mandelic acid and 10% Malic Acid. Works better than Glycolic as it is milder on skin so most will be able to withstand/tolerate it better.

Personally, I find Mama Lotion better than Glycolic Acid.

How and when do you use your mama lotion?
Lou
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ms Piggy, thanks for the great review.

Did your blackheads really just disappear after using the enzyme scrub overnight? Where did they go?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |