Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

After popping a zit, what should I use to prevent scarring?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I had to pop a zit on my face yesterday. Today it turns into a scab. Should I put anything on it to prevent it from scarring my face? TIA!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've read advice that you have to steam it first and make sure disinfect everything (like, say, with iodine). What works for me, if I have the patience to do it, is to dab some honey on the pimple.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Try using Neosporin. I do that for a couple days to prevent infection, then when the scab falls off, I have no red spot. I also find sometimes I get over zealous and want to make the scab going away (pick it Shock ) so that I can apply my make-up, then I realize I am picking it too soon and I have a red spot. What I do now, is apply warm compresses, neosporin at night for a couple nights, and when the scab seems like it is ready, I heat up a rag and apply, if the scab seems to be lifting, then it is usually ready. Apply some neosporin again over the spot and there you have it "no scar"

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you not to do that again in the futue. I know its easy said than done but over time your skin will scar. I suggest you to clean it very good and then disinfect it, wait until the next day and then apply OBAGI #3 clear for a few days.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
la mer
i used a bottle after had really bad allergy which left me all face besmirch,since i couldn't help to scratch all the time until bleeding.it took only 3 months,all besmirch was gone.really just like a miracle

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Did you actually use "besmirch"?

Will you MARRY me??? Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
la mer
i used a bottle after had really bad allergy which left me all face besmirch,since i couldn't help to scratch all the time until bleeding.it took only 3 months,all besmirch was gone.really just like a miracle

Hi fang, I am confused on what you are saying here. Can you please clarify? I am interested.

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with bergquis, Neosporin or Polysporin, and apply it often. I prefer the cream rather than the ointment.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed that Neosporin or Polysporin may be used to disinfect the area but I do not believe it help with scarring though. But I can see buying one obagi clear just for that is too expansive. Does anyone has any other suggestion for scaring?
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
If you can get hold of Kosmea Rose Hip oil (I loveeee that stuff).. give it a try.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
What does Kosmea Rose Hip oil do? Does it disinfect or does it help with scaring or it help both problems? I heard that rose hip is a good antioxidant but not sure how it works for our skin.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
What's Neosporin, where do you get it?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your replies. I totally forgot about Neosporin. I wonder if it's already too late now that it's already scabbed up.

I did not use my fingers to squeeze out the zit. I used q-tips soaked with alcohol to ensure I did not introduce germs in to my skin. So hopefully that helped somewhat.

I also use emu oil for my entire face now since my skin got irritated from the Acne Free products I bought at Costco.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I do and will continue to pop zits. (I know, don't say it) but the fact remains, I can not walk around with a large whitehead or over sized zit on my face. Once it is popped it is a relief and the swelling starts going down immediately. I disinfect, and make sure I am not transferring bacteria (as much as I can), but I do find that soaking a cottonball in tea tree oil and witch hazel, applying for about ten minutes, re wetting the cotton ball and then globing on the neosporin (on night, maybe two) does help to not have red spots or scars. It has been working with me for years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Numie,
You can get Neosporin from any drug store, even Walmart, Walgreens, CVS pharmacy, Target, etc. Its is and antibiotic ointment or cream that disinfect wounds, it should cost less than $10.00
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I do and will continue to pop zits. (I know, don't say it) but the fact remains, I can not walk around with a large whitehead or over sized zit on my face. Once it is popped it is a relief and the swelling starts going down immediately. I disinfect, and make sure I am not transferring bacteria (as much as I can), but I do find that soaking a cottonball in tea tree oil and witch hazel, applying for about ten minutes, re wetting the cotton ball and then globing on the neosporin (on night, maybe two) does help to not have red spots or scars. It has been working with me for years.

Thanks, Berquis. I will try your method next time. Another white head is beginning already. argghhhh
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
What does Kosmea Rose Hip oil do?

It helps with scaring and hydration. What's surprising it doesn't clog pores or cause break outs (considering it's an oil). My skin has been loving this for over a year now.
When I do go mental ands start poping any zits I have, they usually end up as a scab. I use this to help soften it and make it heal faster.
I only with I knew of this when I was 15 Sad I would have avoided this little scars I have on my cheeks Sad
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Numie,
You can get Neosporin from any drug store, even Walmart, Walgreens, CVS pharmacy, Target, etc. Its is and antibiotic ointment or cream that disinfect wounds, it should cost less than $10.00

Oh ok thanks. it looks like "triple antibiotic ointment" which I already have, is pretty much the same thing Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |