Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Amber or combo/amber LED devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
insearchof
5% products discount

Wed May 21, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding which LED device to buy, but I'm specifically curious about people's overall success (or non-success) with using amber/combo amber led devices.

Please do not discuss which brand is better or why. There are appropriate threads for that.

I'm just curious whether these devices are working for those who own them. So, what have you noticed since using your LED device and how long have you been using it for? Very Happy
insearchof
5% products discount

Thu May 22, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully, no replies doesn't mean no success stories. Embarassed I've only had my device for one week so I can't offer any opinion yet. Doesn't anyone have any feedback they can share?
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
Hopefully, no replies doesn't mean no success stories. Embarassed I've only had my device for one week so I can't offer any opinion yet. Doesn't anyone have any feedback they can share?

I hesitated to say it, because it seems to be a touchy subject around here, and frankly I don't want to get beat up..LOL It took me a long time just to join the forum.

I've used a combination light since December, and it's worked for me very well. I'm 49 and had loose skin, very big pores and jowls. It has all improved about 80 percent. I use it every other day. I'm also going to order the cupping, and try that too.
insearchof
5% products discount

Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting your results. Very Happy
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to venture an opinion and say that maybe the reason no one'e posting to this thread is because most of us have posted this information in the course of participating in the one or the other of the LED threads. I don't mean to be unkind or biatchy when I say this, but there are lots of pleas for repeat info here, and it's often just as hard for someone to repost or link to what they've already written as it is for someone else to read a thread and find it themselves.

Just my $0.02.

Anyways, I posted this yesterday in the ProLight thread, but I'll brief here:

I've had excellent results with my Quasar SP. Everything looks better. I'd ditch all my other actives and keep the light if forced to a choice (which, hopefully, will NEVER happen, because we really need it all). I think so highly of light therapy that I just bought an amber ProLight. Can't say about the results with the amber light, however, as I've only had time to do one treatment with it so far. I'll update somewhere on the forum as things progress over the coming months.

HTH! Very Happy
insearchof
5% products discount

Thu May 22, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Yubs. I know there's lots of information posted on many, and I do mean many, various threads throughout this board. I specifically wanted to create one thread where users can simply share whether LED's are working or aren't working for them. I found that most results posted on the various threads are lost or buried between pages of posts regarding which device is better or stronger and why. If people aren't interested in posting here, that's fine and I can appreciate why they don't feel the need to repeat themselves.

Also, I didn't end up purchasing the Prolight so I probably wouldn't have ventured onto that thread again so thank you for taking the time to add your results here. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have only had my combo light for 1 month, but feel that it has definitely enhanced the use of my topicals...I see more benefit when I use the LED together with Vit C (Kassy's recommendation) than when I use either the LED or Vit C alone.

My skin is also smoother, though that could also be to the new skin care line I am using.

I will say that one of the BEST uses of the LED for me has been inflammation or fluid retention reduction. I will often have bags under my eyes from drinking too much Diet Coke, or flying the night before (no, NOT on my broom)...60 secs of LED under each eye makes them disappear.

I think it has also helped tremendously with the post-surgery inflammation in my nose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hiin search of - I had purchased a red/infrared
LED device about 3 years ago. The red/infrared
helped to rejuvenate my skin somewhat but then I purchased the red/infrared/amber device and what a difference. Next week will have had for 3 months and it has plumped my cheeks,
helped with the tone, decreased the nasolabial lines etc. I love it and will definitely keep it as it has a 90 day return policy. I highly
recommend adding amber to the spectrum!
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I will often have bags under my eyes from drinking too much Diet Coke, or flying the night before (no, NOT on my broom)...60 secs of LED under each eye makes them disappear.

Bethany, are the eye bags due to too much sodium in your drink or diet? I haven't thought of that. I started getting some and thought it's fat or allergy. I am glad to hear that the LED light helped to eliminate the bags for you. Great news!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
bethany wrote:
I will often have bags under my eyes from drinking too much Diet Coke, or flying the night before (no, NOT on my broom)...60 secs of LED under each eye makes them disappear.

Bethany, are the eye bags due to too much sodium in your drink or diet? I haven't thought of that. I started getting some and thought it's fat or allergy. I am glad to hear that the LED light helped to eliminate the bags for you. Great news!

Ruk, it is indeed the sodium. I am overly sensitive to it, and there is a direct correlation between how many I drink that day, and how big the bags are the next morning! Rolling Eyes

But allergies also impact my eye bags when I do not take my Singulair on a regular basis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I hope the LED works on an eye bag caused by allergy, too. I'm not sure why I'm getting it, but I felt my eyes were itchy and I was rubbing them. This is why I thought it might have been allergy.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Also, I forgot to ask, you can use the LED light under the eyes, but not over them, is that correct? Have you tried it on your upper lids?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have Prolight and it unfortunately did nothing for my under eye bags. Mine are from water retention, and nothing so far helps. I am still looking.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Also, I forgot to ask, you can use the LED light under the eyes, but not over them, is that correct? Have you tried it on your upper lids?

I use it right under my eye, and also right under my eyebrow. But NOT over the eyeball in any way.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |