Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eye cream for a 21 year old- HELP PLEASE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have lines and minor dark circles under my eyes. I am only 21 so I don't want some strong anti-aging creams. I want something to soften the lines, provide moisture and maybe help with the dark circles and also prevent future aging..
I am current using Clinique all about eyes rich- it does nothing for my lines.
Also my eye contour is fairly dry- so I need something moisturizing.
I'm willing to spend up to $80...
Any recommendations? Please specify your skin condition, how long it took to see results and what you used to achieve them...
In particular- I am looking at dermalogica, decleor or karin herzog...
Any help will be much appreciated
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 21 also and I use 100% pure's caffeine eye cream and I love it. This eye cream moisturizes really well without causing milia and actually works against dark circles. It's 19$ for 1 oz in a nice pump, so it's not expensive.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Where do you get it form and what brand is it? I'm in Australia
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the sample of Ole Henriksen eye cream, it is quite good
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
seno wrote:
Where do you get it form and what brand is it? I'm in Australia

The brand really is "100% pure"

I get it from this place:
http://www.100percentpure.com/

I don't know how expensive their shipping is to Australia, though.
mamajeans
5% products discount

Thu May 22, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
oprah recommends airbrush. Have you tried it?
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
wancy_2000 wrote:
I have tried the sample of Ole Henriksen eye cream, it is quite good

I actually have a post relating to this eye cream. I got a sample when I made an order on EDS.
I put it on the same night and it stung and burnt like hell!!
I quickly washed it off but my under eye area felt a bit numb for a quite a while.

But I will give it a try again tonight-only because I'm desperate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:35 am      Reply with quote
mamajeans wrote:
oprah recommends airbrush. Have you tried it?

Thanks for that. I've never heard of it, but might do some research on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Gosh! The moment I heard Clinique, I could imagine your problem. That is the worst brand ever. I wouldn't even take it even it's free for me.

I have used cellcosmet, decleor... uh.. the result was OK...

Anyway, go with top brand eye cream like la prairie, sisley, they both can really help to recover your eye line problem. I know it is costly, but trust me, it will work on your eye contour like magic.

The thing with eye creams is that you have to apply them with just right amount, don't over apply it, so you really need a good rich moisture and most product are not moisturizing enough. If they do, they usually are too thick and heavy. I foudn La prairie are very light. Sisley is heavier, but it's very moisturizing. Great esp. for winter time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Clinique is one of those brands that just makes me shudder!

fishzebby wrote:
Gosh! The moment I heard Clinique, I could imagine your problem. That is the worst brand ever. I wouldn't even take it even it's free for me.

I have used cellcosmet, decleor... uh.. the result was OK...

Anyway, go with top brand eye cream like la prairie, sisley, they both can really help to recover your eye line problem. I know it is costly, but trust me, it will work on your eye contour like magic.

The thing with eye creams is that you have to apply them with just right amount, don't over apply it, so you really need a good rich moisture and most product are not moisturizing enough. If they do, they usually are too thick and heavy. I foudn La prairie are very light. Sisley is heavier, but it's very moisturizing. Great esp. for winter time.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both so so much
Clinique has become my most hated brand. I think I'd rather use a supermarket brand than them again. I'm thinking of coughing up some $ and gettig one of the more expensive once as you suggested.. But I am just worried that I'm too young to be getting anything 'anti-wrinkle' Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Avenda, its eye cream is good and the price is reasonable. IF your budget is higher, you can try Revive eye cream.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried either one. I'm happy to spend more for a good one. Have any of you used the Karin Herzog eye cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Karin Herzog ? I haven't heard of this brand, where does it come from?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
If you're 21 and have "lines" around your eyes, you probably just need more sleep. The cause definitely isn't aging, as at 21 your skin is still very elastic. I would be hesitant to spend a lot money on luxury brands when you probably don't need them.

I'm 26 and focus mainly in hydration and dark circles when it comes to eye creams. I like Loreal Eye Defense and Revitalift. The former being a lighter weight, almost gel like cream, the latter being a thicker cream.

My favorite is DHC Co-Q10 eye cream; it's the best at lightening dark circles. I also really like DHC Eye Bright and Concentrated Eye cream.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
If you're 21 and have "lines" around your eyes, you probably just need more sleep. The cause definitely isn't aging, as at 21 your skin is still very elastic. I would be hesitant to spend a lot money on luxury brands when you probably don't need them.

I'm 26 and focus mainly in hydration and dark circles when it comes to eye creams. I like Loreal Eye Defense and Revitalift. The former being a lighter weight, almost gel like cream, the latter being a thicker cream.

My favorite is DHC Co-Q10 eye cream; it's the best at lightening dark circles. I also really like DHC Eye Bright and Concentrated Eye cream.

Once I got the DHC Co-Q10 eye cream for my 26 year old sister and she liked it a lot.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lack of sleep is probably the biggest cause of my lines. I am a full time law student and get about 6 hours of sleep a night (and that's a good night) Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
SAS I-Bright cream works well for eliminating dark circles and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.
I agree: stop using Clinique now!! It is so harsh!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |