Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Jurlique Citrus Silk Finishing Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:18 am      Reply with quote
this powder can absorb the excess oil on my face, and I don't look oily anymore. Also I like the smell of citrus. However, the case is too large which cannot be fit in my cosmetic bag.
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Besides absorbing oil, does it even out the skin?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Is this a new product? I am using the Lavender Silk Powder now, but would love to try the citrus. I'm wondering if the citrus in it would be drying though.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Actually the powder is white colour,so I dun think it can even out the tone.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lavender silk powder is for dry skin, and citrus is for oil and combination skin.
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was intersted in the lavender silk powder before, however, after trying it in the store,I gave up. I am wondering if there is other beneficial points for this product besides absorbing oil.
Thank you very much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I have read a magazine which recommend this powder and said this powder can keep the moisture of your skin.

Besides, I 'd like to use cosmetic which is skin care too.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I am on my second jar of the rose silk dust, and use it every day! I mix in a tiny bit of MMU with it, and brush it over my liquid foundation.
It sets the foundation beautifully, and then I brush on my powder blush. Honestly my make up looks great all day, and i attribute it to the powder. I would think the citrus does the same thing.
By the way, how is the scent??? I recall reading somewhere (when it first came out), that it was not so great.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I like the scent, it seems like orange and lemon which make me feel refreshing.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
i really want to try...last time i just brought it for my friend....
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
i really want to try it...last time i've just brought it for my friend..
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
This product sounds quite nice, i might purchase with my next order

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
It has come up a few times, that people are not happy with the packaging for this product.
For travel, because the jar is too large, and the powder does leak out of it, I have found a solution. I use a very small plastic shaker container. It wasn't easy to find, but they are out there.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a DIY citrus powder - supposedly similar to this product and I loved it to pieces. Not available anymore from this person I don't think anyway but I'm considering the jurlique. It was terrific for my oily/combo skin type.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
i will order it next time as well
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you are right. I am not happy with the packaging for this product. Because the jar is too large, and the powder is hard to come out from it. thus, I 've bought a small loose powder container which can be put in my cosmetic bag
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
i think if sb who's skin is very oil, will like this powder, but it is not as well to dry skin.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
i read somewhere on this forum that these finishing powders are basically the same as the silk dust powders.....so whats the story on that? Id like to know more Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
they should be the same thing, rite?
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to try the powder, i am oil-skin, I don't know which is the best one for me, what is the difference of Citrus, lavender, rose silk powder.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Can I ask for a sample of the powder from EDS?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone post the ingredients for the citrus powder? Thanks! Very Happy
havana8

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:

Ingredients: Zea mays (Corn) Starch; Oryza sativa (Rice) Starch; Silica; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Iris florentina (Orris) Root Extract; Salvia officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract; Arnica montana Flower Extract; Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract; Prunella vulgaris (Self Heal) Flower Extract; Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract; Lauroyl Lysine; Glycerin; Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Limonene*; Linalool*; Citral*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Geraniol*; Farnesol*; Benzyl Benzoate*. // * From Natural Essential Oil (Palmarosa - Cymbopogon martini; Lemon - Citrus medica limonum; Tangerine - Citrus tangerine; Rosewood - Aniba rosaeodora; Rose Ð Rosa damascena)
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

Ingredients: Zea mays (Corn) Starch; Oryza sativa (Rice) Starch; Silica; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Iris florentina (Orris) Root Extract; Salvia officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract; Arnica montana Flower Extract; Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract; Prunella vulgaris (Self Heal) Flower Extract; Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract; Lauroyl Lysine; Glycerin; Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Limonene*; Linalool*; Citral*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Geraniol*; Farnesol*; Benzyl Benzoate*. // * From Natural Essential Oil (Palmarosa - Cymbopogon martini; Lemon - Citrus medica limonum; Tangerine - Citrus tangerine; Rosewood - Aniba rosaeodora; Rose Ð Rosa damascena)

Thanks havana8!! Smile I guess this powder is heavy duty in absorbing oil since it contains the 3main ingredients Corn/ Rich Starch and Silica Powder... Anyone experience breakouts as I heard that Corn/Rice Starch will cause bacteria on the skin?
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
[quote="may2008"]I also want to try the powder, i am oil-skin, I don't know which is the best one for me, what is the difference of Citrus, lavender, rose silk powder.[/quote]

Citrus is for oily; rose is for normal; while lavender is for dry skin....So I guess you should pick up Citrus
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |