Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What intake supplement can tackle break out?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
i am combination, sometimes have breakout. What intake supplement can tackle break out?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
This is only a suggestion but here in Australia, Blackmores have a skin complex vitamin which mainly consists of zinc, betacarotene, Echinacea and Calendula.
Perhaps this will give you a starting point to do some research of your own.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I've heard of the Blackmores also. But never used it myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
thx....I will search more information about this.. Smile
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that zinc is good for acne, even internally. I'm a big fan of zinc myself. I have a little jar of zinc paste that I put on pimples and it works really well. I also like micornized zinc oxide as the primary active ingredient (along with possibly titanium dioxide) in sunscreen. I like knowing I'm not doing any harm putting sunscreen with zinc oxide on my face, since zinc is actually good for the skin...
AmyNaturDerm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
[i] Smile Hi wancy_2000, make sure you are using a daily mutliple with the best amino acid chelated minerals that you can afford. A couple of wonderful herbs to use are horsetail (silica loaded) and Saw Palmetto (berry). Saw Palmetto contains the active alkaloid caprylic acid which has long been studied for its ability to keep mucous free - flowing. It is even recommended by MD's for men to keep prostate issues at bay. As a self-employed small business owner, I haven't had health insurance for years. Anytime I have a chest infection or a cold, I'll take 6-8 capsules a day. Of course, check with your health care professional, but I have found these to be great additions! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
In addition to zinc I've found grapefruit seed exact helpfull.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
[quote="GirlieGirl"]In addition to zinc I've found grapefruit seed exact helpfull.[/quote]

This is one of the ingredient of the blemish serum of juice beauty. BTW, I like natural and organic skin care.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Many years ago I tried a Blackmore's supplement specifically made for acne prone skin but it did absolutely nothing. After several more years of dabbling in supplements I realised that you actually need a whole series of complimentary vitamin/mineral/amino acid/herbal supplements.

If your body is already lacking in key nutrients (in most cases anyone would be), then you need to consider improving the basic functions of the body, if those functions are impaired then it is not likely that it will be able to utilise any supplement you put into your body.

Firstly, I highly recommend a quality protein supplement, one which has a guaranteed yield ratio once digested. Also, it is good to take a B complex, C, and omega 3 supplement while taking protein, they work in synergy and help to enhance absorption. I prefer to take vitamins which are derived from natural sources rather than synthetic analogues.

Zinc is also very good, but I have found I cannot digest or absorb any form of solid zinc, I have to take colloidal liquid drops.

Other things that may help balance hormones, and ultimately reduce breakouts, is a good herbal complex with things like angelica, chastberry etc.

For me, it has taken almost two years before substantial positive results occurred. I hope that is not a deterrent for anyone else, but I'm sure the long term benefits for the skin will be permanent as long as you maintain the good habits.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |