Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Discounted Dermarollers for EDS Members
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
gumgirl wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of getting the 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0. I haven't even had a chance to use my 1.5 mm, so I have no idea why I'm thinking of plunking down 156.00.

Maybe you should just add a .25mm for product penetration?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
What is this roller for?
It looks a little bit scary.
Does it work on the skin???

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
lavendula wrote:
What is this roller for?

Please go to the many dermaroller threads already on EDS for the answer.

The short answer:

Fromwww.skinroller.com/Goldenskinroller.html

Needle size - used for
0.25mm - baldness, fine wrinkles, gray or thinning hair (and to help topicals penetrate)
0.5mm - alopecia, deeper wrinkles, face rejuvenation
1.0mm - loose elasticity, cellulite, stretch marks, skin pigmentation
1.5mm - acne scars, large pores, deep wrinkles, anti-aging, chicken pock scars
2.0mm - surgical scars, stretch marks, deep pitted acne
2.5mm - deep scars, body lifting, severe acne

Needle Length---Max Penetration
0.25 mm --------0.07 mm
0.50 mm --------0.30 mm
1.00 mm --------0.70 mm
1.50 mm --------1.30 mm
2.20 mm --------1.50 mm

5% products discount

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

I've had the .25 Leaf & Rusher for a long time now. I dug it out soon after "finding" EDS. I'm using it several times per week to prep for the 1.5 mm roller.

I follow with an L-ascorbic acid and water solution that I make fresh on the nights that I roll.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT QUOTE THING?

[/quote]gumgirl wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of getting the 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0. I haven't even had a chance to use my 1.5 mm, so I have no idea why I'm thinking of plunking down 156.00.

Maybe you should just add a .25mm for product penetration?

[quote]
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
gumgirl wrote:
HOW DO YOU DO THAT QUOTE THING?

Click on the QUOTE button on the right hand side of the post - you can edit out what you don't want quoted to clarify what you are responding to. HTH.

Also Bethany found out directly from Leaf & Rusher that the original Leaf & Rusher was ONLY .15mm.

Quote:
- Their old roller was .15mm
- Their new roller is .16mm and is made in Korea (it is the Dr. Roller model)

I consider my skin pretty non-sensitive but even a roll from this makes me sensitive (skin feels a bit like sunburn) for more than a day. Yikes! I definitely gotta stick with the .25mm for product penetration, if even that long.... Now, the actual rolling with the Leaf & Rusher .15mm does not hurt. It's my skin's reaction to the rolling afterward...

5% products discount

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Quote:
- Their old roller was .15mm
- Their new roller is .16mm and is made in Korea (it is the Dr. Roller model)

I consider my skin pretty non-sensitive but even a roll from this makes me sensitive (skin feels a bit like sunburn) for more than a day. Yikes! I definitely gotta stick with the .25mm for product penetration, if even that long.... Now, the actual rolling with the Leaf & Rusher .15mm does not hurt. It's my skin's reaction to the rolling afterward...

When I talked to Leaf & Rusher, they said that they would most likely never sell a needle longer than .16mm because of the redness/pain factor.

BTW, I emailed Jack yesterday to see if he could get the .15mm and the 3line roller, and mentioned the pain I had encountered with the 1.0mm.

He said that starting with the smallest needles and working up is the best way to acclimate your skin and avoid significant pain.

Hopefully I can do some serious acclimating between now and my next longer needle roll!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
lavendula wrote:
What is this roller for?

Please go to the many dermaroller threads already on EDS for the answer.

The short answer:

Fromwww.skinroller.com/Goldenskinroller.html

Needle size - used for
0.25mm - baldness, fine wrinkles, gray or thinning hair (and to help topicals penetrate)
0.5mm - alopecia, deeper wrinkles, face rejuvenation
1.0mm - loose elasticity, cellulite, stretch marks, skin pigmentation
1.5mm - acne scars, large pores, deep wrinkles, anti-aging, chicken pock scars
2.0mm - surgical scars, stretch marks, deep pitted acne
2.5mm - deep scars, body lifting, severe acne

Needle Length---Max Penetration
0.25 mm --------0.07 mm
0.50 mm --------0.30 mm
1.00 mm --------0.70 mm
1.50 mm --------1.30 mm
2.20 mm --------1.50 mm

Do You think that the Leaf and Rusher is a good choice for product penetration or would the .25 or .50 be better?

I used the Leaf and Rusher for about 3 months and did not notice any difference. I then got and used the 1.5 for 6 treatments. Now, when I use the L&R I can barely feel it.

I read on another dermaroller thread that someone(sorry can't remember who) said that they use the .50 for product penetration but that it hurt. I'd like one that did't hurt too much but was making a difference.

Thanks Bethany for the discout. If I'm gonna need to buy another one it's great to get a deal! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
bodiukein wrote:
Do You think that the Leaf and Rusher is a good choice for product penetration or would the .25 or .50 be better?

I used the Leaf and Rusher for about 3 months and did not notice any difference. I then got and used the 1.5 for 6 treatments. Now, when I use the L&R I can barely feel it.

I read on another dermaroller thread that someone(sorry can't remember who) said that they use the .50 for product penetration but that it hurt. I'd like one that did't hurt too much but was making a difference.

Thanks Bethany for the discout. If I'm gonna need to buy another one it's great to get a deal! Very Happy

I am trying to find out if we can get the L&R .16mm model made by Dr. Roller (for a discount)...if not, I would go with the .25mm.

For me, there is just too much skin trauma to do the .5mm a couple of times a week! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I could handle using the .5mm every day for product penetration. For me, I have only used the original Leaf & Rusher (.15mm). The reaction I have is not when rolling, but afterward my skin feels "sunburned" for at least a day so I haven't been using it every day. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin either - at least in regards to topicals.

Consistent use of the dermaroller you choose for product penetration is most important so I would go with the .25mm for product absorption. But, bodiukein, your pain tolerance might be different and you might be able to handle the .5mm with no problem. How are you with the 1.5mm - and did you have to use anesthetic?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I have the 1.5mm on it's way to me. Thank you for enabling me Cool I will of course have to hide it, because my family will think I have quite literally gone mad!

How often do most people use the 1.5 and can I use it to push my supercop in?

Ta muchley! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
OK, I have the 1.5mm on it's way to me. Thank you for enabling me Cool I will of course have to hide it, because my family will think I have quite literally gone mad!

Ta muchley! Very Happy

There are a number of views on how often can use it...some people do it week for 6 weeks and then stop for like 3 months. Other people only do it every 4-8 weeks.

I just posted some new protocol info on the Dermarolling thread, so you will want to check there.

Also, you do NOT want to push in your copper peptides after the roller...you need to wait until 60 mins AFTER you roll.

Please see the Dermarolling thread for all the specifics. (this thread is just for buying rollers)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&start=1050

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
UGH. I couldnt wait for the 1.5 to be available so i just ordered the 2.0....

It sounds like more of you are using the 1.5... I guess Im currently using the .12 from Leaf and Rusher and thats still a bit intense for me. AM I CRAZY?????

My point in writing is to ask if theres a reason why most of you are using hte 1.5 and not the 2.0 especially since with the deal on dermarollers.us - its only a $3 difference??? But now im wondering if i made a quick and bad decision based on impatience..

Although I dont have the best skin texture or coloring or even elasticity for my age... so thats kind of the reason I jumped on the 2.0.... 2.0 oh my God - Im really nervous now!!!

thanks!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

Ta muchley! Very Happy

There are a number of views on how often can use it...some people do it week for 6 weeks and then stop for like 3 months. Other people only do it every 4-8 weeks.

I just posted some new protocol info on the Dermarolling thread, so you will want to check there.

Also, you do NOT want to push in your copper peptides after the roller...you need to wait until 60 mins AFTER you roll.

Please see the Dermarolling thread for all the specifics. (this thread is just for buying rollers)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&start=1050

Thanks, I'm a notorious thread jacker and waaaay to lazy and time challenged to read 43 pages! I'll skip to the end ones Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
UGH. I couldnt wait for the 1.5 to be available so i just ordered the 2.0....

It sounds like more of you are using the 1.5... I guess Im currently using the .12 from Leaf and Rusher and thats still a bit intense for me. AM I CRAZY?????

My point in writing is to ask if theres a reason why most of you are using hte 1.5 and not the 2.0 especially since with the deal on dermarollers.us - its only a $3 difference??? But now im wondering if i made a quick and bad decision based on impatience..

Although I dont have the best skin texture or coloring or even elasticity for my age... so thats kind of the reason I jumped on the 2.0.... 2.0 oh my God - Im really nervous now!!!

thanks!!!

The length of needle depends on what you want to achieve...1.5 and beyond is best for breaking up scar tissue for acne scarring, etc., as well as for collagen regeneration.

However, you can just not press as hard and act like it is a shorter needle.

You really need to read the Dermarolling thread to learn more about the process and the reasons behind the needle lengths...plus Luna posted some info about needles lengths a few posts up in this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not going bigger than 1.5mm for face. Maybe I would use 2mm for body but I still have a sunburn like feel to my face after using the .15mm original Leaf & Rusher.

mb935, bigger is not necessarily better. The longer the needles, the more chance of skin infection. Get the length needed for what you are looking for (see the chart).

guapagirl, on the big rollers like 1.5mm, it is not for putting topicals on afterward to increase absorption but for collagen induction. I think it would be too much to put products on right afterward - my opinion. You don't want to further irritate but you also don't want to soothe with emu, etc. The point is, you are "injuring" your skin to speed up collagen production that is a part of skin healing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany thanks again for all the time you've taken to research and post all the data on rolling - these articles are an enormous help in educating ourselves in what is a fairly new process

Back on topic....do let us know if Jack can get the smaller roller for the upper lip/eye area at a discount. I'm finding my current roller is really too big to do a thorough roll in these areas.

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Bethany thanks again for all the time you've taken to research and post all the data on rolling - these articles are an enormous help in educating ourselves in what is a fairly new process

Back on topic....do let us know if Jack can get the smaller roller for the upper lip/eye area at a discount. I'm finding my current roller is really too big to do a thorough roll in these areas.

Thanks!

Anya, you are very welcome.

Jack has the .25mm (PM me if you need the price because I can't post it), but I am waiting to hear on the .15mm....I'll let you know when I hear from him!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Consistent use of the dermaroller you choose for product penetration is most important so I would go with the .25mm for product absorption. But, bodiukein, your pain tolerance might be different and you might be able to handle the .5mm with no problem. How are you with the 1.5mm - and did you have to use anesthetic?

I used ice the first few times but the last 4 I didn't use anything. The only place that really really hurt was the upper lip. On one side I have/ had a line forming so I would roll that line. I can hardly see it now. Very Happy

I had jaw surgery a couple years ago and when he fixed my jaw, my small lips disappeared. It was awful. I had three rounds of sili put in there and he never numbed me at all. That HURTS! So, I figured if I could take that, then I could suck it up and do this.
I had small lips to begin with and I have the same small lips now. I wouldn't mind bigger but I just can't go through that again.

Glad to know that I just need to be consistent as I truely do not like pain.

Its amazing to me how fast these dermaroller threads move! My reading is gonna be awesome by the end of the summer! Razz
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
bodiukein wrote:
lunarmm wrote:

I used ice the first few times but the last 4 I didn't use anything. The only place that really really hurt was the upper lip. On one side I have/ had a line forming so I would roll that line. I can hardly see it now. Very Happy

Wow, that is some great news on your disappearing line! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I have definitely read the description for each size. I figured that what the 1.5 achieves - the 2.0 achieves as well plus a little more - just longer needles for more pain (Thats what I was thinking of).

But if I can just control the pressure of it (as someone recommended) - than will that sort of make the 2.0 a 1.5 (as far as achieving the same results as the 1.5 and less pain???) And then MAYBE if I ever got used to the pain I could just use more pressure to take the full effects of having a 2.0 ??? Am I totally wrong?

THANKS
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I have definitely read the description for each size. I figured that what the 1.5 achieves - the 2.0 achieves as well plus a little more - just longer needles for more pain (Thats what I was thinking of).

But if I can just control the pressure of it (as someone recommended) - than will that sort of make the 2.0 a 1.5 (as far as achieving the same results as the 1.5 and less pain???) And then MAYBE if I ever got used to the pain I could just use more pressure to take the full effects of having a 2.0 ??? Am I totally wrong?

THANKS

Nope...I think you're right!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
For those who are interested in focusing on their eye area, scars close to their nose, etc., you can now get a Dr. Roller 3Line Roller from Jack at a discounted price.

The 3Line Rollers come in 1.0mm, 1.5mm, and 2.0mm, and are priced the same as the regular rollers (see prices below the pic).

You will need to mention that you are from EDS

Jack at One-Stop (he also sells on ebay, but our prices are lower)
Call: 1-866-583-7883
Hours: 10am to 4pm ET
Email: backstrecords2@yahoo.com

0.5 - $54.95
1.0 - $64.95
1.5 - $74.95
2.0 - $89.95
2.5 - $99.95

Shipping is $8.95, and he will combine shipping for multiple rollers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sharky wrote:
Has anyone bought or found out more about the "Beauty Mouse". I would like to buy one as I am rolling my arms and it takes forever with the little rollers.

The Beauty Mouse is indeed .15mm needles, is comprised of essentially 3 rollers, and it sells for $220.

You can order it through dermarollerusa@aim.com or 913-832-8884.

Here is the link to info and a pic:

http://www.dermaroller.de/us/beauty-mouse-/beauty-mouse-9.html

Just an FYI...I contacted Jack who sells us the discounted Dr. Rollers and he is going to see if Dr. Roller will be coming out with anything comparable to the Beauty Mouse.

He did mention that Dr. Roller will be coming out with a new 3.0mm next week.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I can't even imagine using this on my face without terrible consequences . . . but I am sooo interested. Anyone here with extraordinarily sensitive skin use it?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |