Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Your recommendations for my upcoming LUSH shopping outing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm heading over to the Brisbane LUSH store this Friday night for their launch of the new Fresh range. While I'm there I thought I'd pick up some of their "star" products, or what other people think might be their star products. I know LUSH has popped up in conversations in a few threads and I'd like some more info please Angel

This is what I'm planning on getting, please feel free to cross these off the list for me or add new ones. I'm not really interested in moisturisers though (got plenty of those still, not that I'm short on masks Embarassed ).

Middle Earth Turned to Rock (exfoliating soap)
Sandstone (exfoliating soap)
T for Toes or Silky Underwear powder
Herbalism cleanser (just a sample of it actually)
Cupcake mask (from the Fresh range)
Butterball (bath ballistic)
Bon Bomb (bath ballistic)
Wiccy Magic Muscles (possibly)

Any recs? TIA Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:23 am      Reply with quote
right, I've had a look on the aussie site. Good picks.

Ones I use are

Ocean Salt is a scrub/wash. Not too harsh but you can use it everyday.

Gumback Smoothie is nice - if you like the smell of bananas Smile

All the skin conditioners are not listed but Buffy is good for a scrub and King of Skin really does help your skin - especially if you have any dry bits.

I have a few of the massage bars but they really will depend on what kind of fragrance you like. Big fave is Amazonian and Wiccy if you've been to the gym and ache!
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks Eve! I've got the catalogue right in front of me (the printed old-fashioned version Smile) and I'm looking these up as we speak/type.

I have tried Buffy before and I really like it. The only reason I hesistate to put it on the list is that a tiny 70g block of it costs $10 and it goes *so* quickly! It literally melts if I even think about putting it near water! Confused So it's been great but I'm trying to find alternatives, hence me trying the two exfoliating soaps though I'm sure they will be VERY different as they don't moisturise. I really like the sound of Gumback Express but minus the banana scent Smile I'll try to get a sample of that one.

Quick question if you don't mind. Is there much of a difference between King Of Skin and the massage bars? From what I understand both of these are made from different types of butters (cocoa/shea etc) so they should be pretty good moisturisers, but the King of Skin you use wet and the massage bars you use dry? Is that about right? If so, then is there really much difference in the outcome? Sorry to bug you with all these questions Embarassed
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:54 am      Reply with quote
it's no problem.

Tip for anyone using Buffy (or the other body bars - when they come out) take a nice sharp knife and cut it in to blocks so the rest of it doesn't all melt in the shower or bath. Some people manage to get about 8 chunks.

King of skin, you apply when your skin is still wet, rinse off the excess and PAT your skin dry.

The massage bars tend to be 'problem' based - like achey muscles/cellulite, or you might just love the smell! Use them as you would if you were giving yourself or a friend a massage with an oil.

Personally I prefer Middle Earth and it is a stronger exfoliant and it's musky smell, the other is more fruity.
em
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
oooh u have to try Aqua Mirabilis ($6.50) Mabsy!!! Scrub it out of the shower stream on ur butt and behind ur thighs, u wont regret!! does wonders for circulation and cellulite. Very Happy Lush is coming out with a new version of this soon and i hear its not that good in terms of smell - biscuity smell. I've got 6 stashed away!! Uve gotta try at least one b4 the new version comes out!!!!!!!!! Shock my fave massage bar has got to be Fever, any of the massage bars can substitute as moisturisers actually.
Floating Island ($6.95) is divine Very Happy - u can cut it in half and use it in the shower as a scrub. Has the same smell as Aqua M. to me.
em
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Have u tried Pied de Pepper ($17.95)?? Its a foot cream. It doesnt smell like much when u first sniff it but put some on ur wrist and sniff it again in an hour - my god it has this vanillary-mix kinda smell - very addictive. I dont use it on my feet though, its too good! I put it on my pulse points so i get a whiff here and there during the day Very Happy .

T for Toes isnt that great Confused , ur better off rubbing one of the Lush deoderants on ur foot to keep the stench away - that way u wont get white feet when u take ur shoes off and it isnt as messy also....

U mite want to try testing the Silky Underwear on ur hand first when ur in store, Japan has been supplying our Lush products now and it just hasnt been the same any more Crying or Very sad , they've reformulated the silky underwear and i hear it isnt as 'silky' anymore, kinda scratchy actually.

Anyway, happy shopping!!! The new masks are coming out here in Sydney TOMORROW (thurdsday)!! Very Happy
Amesevey
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
These LUSH products sound fun! Can you get them in the states? and if so,...where??

plus they are cheap ..so it seems Razz

jill
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
lol there are cheaper products out there.

but i think they are available in the states. in canada (toronto) they have a place called the lush bar, and basically the scent just wafts out onto the street. yum
em
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Amesevey wrote:
These LUSH products sound fun! Can you get them in the states? and if so,...where??

plus they are cheap ..so it seems Razz

jill

www.lush.com there should be addresses on the site and u can also order online!

the prices i quoted above are in AUD$ by the way! Wink yesterday they have decided to increase prices, so it aint that cheap no more!
Amesevey
5% products discount

Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
thanks em!

ill take a look

ill jill
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your feedback. I haven't had time to log on in the last few days but I checked back here before I headed for Lush.

Well, I bought a lot of stuff but I am not impressed by what LUSH have done. They raised prices and they did that the day they launched their new Fresh range. So the strategy appears to be "invite all our frequent customers for the launch and let them be the first to experience our price rises". IMO LUSH was already overpriced as it was, now their prices are even more ridiculous. Em - Buffy is now $12.50, up from $9.95 (size is the same). Butter Ball Ballistic went up from around $4.50 to $5.95. The prices on their website are still the old prices though. So when I was in the store I only got the Cupcake mask (the prices for their Fresh range have also just become ridiculous!) and two soaps. I then realised that their prices went up and went home and stocked up on line Bad Grin I now have a nice stash of Lush products and I seriously will refuse to buy them unless their prices go down. I think they might actually find that their sales will drop. One of the customers last night told me that this is their second price hike this year! Mad

Ok, sorry about that rant, I was rather unhappy about that last night. So unhappy that it prompted me to spend over $500 on clothes afterwards (ok, well I can TRY to blame it on LUSH can't I! Smile).

I didn't get to try all the products I wanted to try because the shop was so packed (it's a tiny store as well) that you seriously could not move much. You just followed everyone else in laps around the shop and could not go against the flow. But, this is what I ended up getting (online + last night combined):

1 x Therapy Bar
1 x Wiccy Magic Muscles Bar
1 x Bebe Caca Marron
3 x Middle Earth Turns To Rock
1 x I Should Coco
3 x Butterball
1 x Aqua Mirabilis
4 x Figs and Leaves
1 x Honey I Washed The Kids
1 x Hybrid Shampoo/Conditioner Bar (just out of curiosity)
1 x Bon Bomb
1 x Aromacreme Deo (out of curiosity also)
50g Cupcake Mask (lovely chocolaty smell!)
1 x Buffy The Backside Slayer (shall be cutting this up - thanks for the tip Eve)

I tried the powders and decided that I'm not a powder person. I didn't really like the Silky Underwear powder. It didn't feel all that silky IMO Neutral I didn't manage to push my way through to the Gumback Express Sad

All in all that's a good LUSH haul but not very happy with the LUSH strategy.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Girl, you're on fire!!!!!!! Laughing

Can I come over to your house for a spa day???

Lush is a fun store but very hard on your wallet. It's ture, you can smell the store from blocks away!!!!

I found another great line of products out of Vancouver that I just love on my sensitive skin. I have a really hard time fidning soap that I can use all over my body. Nothing from the drug store ever agreed with me. check out www.escentsaromatherapy.com

There soaps are about $4 a bar and last a long time. Plus they all have exfoliating particles in them like oats, etc. My 4 year old niece calls them "the scratchy soap" when she gets a bath at my house.They help too with that problem of ingrown hairs we were talking about in the "bikini line" post. And so natural you can use them all over without a problem. And trust me gals, I know.

Lush is a nice sprulge but when you need a better price, check out Escents!!!
em
5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
its ridiculous wat Lush has done, i cant accept it! Sad i went on the night they released their Fresh range in Sydney, saw all the new prices and it turned me off completely. I refuse to buy any more from Lush except for their I Love Juicy shampoo and American Cream conditioner (which i use and coincidently the prices of these has reduced by a bit, so thats the only good thing!). And have u noticed Mabsy that some of their products (Karma fragrance and body powders) has reduced in weight but increased in price? How can they justify doing something like that!? CRAZY!
the silky underwear powder as i said earlier feels scratchy now, so its a good choice u didnt buy any! Very Happy
I totally forgot to mention the Skinny Dip shower gel ($17.50 for 250g)! That hasnt increased in price thank god. Worth a try this one! And thats all i'll b recommending from that store! Mad
I wouldnt be surprised if they lost alot of customers from this and yes this HAS been their 2nd price hike this year!

Mabsy u have to post back with the aromacreme! have u tried it yet? wats it like? i heard alot of ppl in the US and UK felt like their pits was on fire after a few uses or a month into using it. I dont dare to try....yet. I'll wait to see how u go with it first Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Mabsy, hope to hear some Lush product reviews Wink
Miss shoes, thanks for that website link. Anything particular you recommend?
Mabsy

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I went a bit overboard there Embarassed The plan was to stock up as I really don't see myself buying from them unless their prices go down (which is unlikely). I mostly bought body care but I shall keep you updated Smile In the meantime, I found this site with all sorts of recipies for bath bombs etc http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com/ I might try making the bath bombs when I'm feeling bored/creative.

Em - I haven't tried Aromacreme yet - this is one of the items I bought online. I won't be getting it till probably end of this week. The LUSH solid deos get a caning on MUA so I didn't really bother trying them. But the Aromocreme seems to get good reviews. I have read about people having reactions/rashes to it but I'm hoping that that those are rare cases. My initial plan was just to use it between my toes to keep my feet fresh but I will try it as a deo.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I know what you mean about the pricing, there have been complaints this side of the world. I've seriously cut down my spending. The only thing I get on a regular basis is the caca noir for my hair. I do have a few of the massage bars, buffy etc but have essentially cut out the soap/bubble baths/ bath bombs.

Did get a pot of aqua mirabilis a the weekend, its a calamine/seaweed based facial wash Smile sounds lovely I know but so far it's doing the job.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:10 am      Reply with quote
actually it's called aqua marina - you don't want to scrub your face with the other bar Embarassed
Mabsy

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I saw this last week. It's one of the new products that got launched that day (in Australia anyway). Looked quite nice (I like all things seaweed) but couldn't push my way to that corner of the shop to try it Laughing
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
There's a Lush just opened in Manchester near where I work. I can smell it as soon as I get outside!!!..

I've never bought any products from there, but plan to have a look tomorrow lunchtime....

Is there anything that is fantastic that I should be buying from there???, anything that anyone can't live without??

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I used to be addicted but I'm much better now. For me the black henna, baby face if nice for getting make up off leaving your skin soft - possibly not the best for congested skins...they used to have two excellent fresh body scrubs/washes alas no more...the fresh face masks are a nice treat.
Gingerly
5% products discount

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm dying to try the Ginger frangrance. Anyone try this yet?
em
5% products discount

Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
better sniff the ginger frangrance first before buying Gingerly! smelt odd to me (maybe only me... Embarassed ), but alotof ppl must love it otherwise it would have been discontiued along with the prince fragrance which was launched at the same time back then. although i think its got some really good expensive natural essential oils in there hasnt it? there's ginger oil, mimosa absolute, rose oil, geranuim oil, jasmine absolute, juniperberry oil and ylang ylang oil. now thats quite concentrated with oils in a tiny bottle!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |