Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermalogica daily microexfoliant drying my face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I started on the 7 day exfolaition kit from deramlogica. But I'm finding the daily microexfoliant is drying my skin out.

I really love the texture and the immediate feeling and look of my skin after i use it- so I don't want to stop.

Has anyone inititally experienced this and then their skin was fine with the daily microexfoliant? Is it just na initial reaction?

Please say yes- I really want to love the product

Pray

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Apart from drying your face, did you feel irritated? IF no, you can try one more time
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 5:20 am      Reply with quote
The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant also drys my face out if I us it too often. I know your supposed to be able to use it every day hence the name "Daily Micofoliant". I now use it 2 to 3 times a week and that has solved my dryness issues.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant also drys my face out if I us it too often. I know your supposed to be able to use it every day hence the name "Daily Micofoliant". I now use it 2 to 3 times a week and that has solved my dryness issues.

I agree with keli13...exfoliating daily is NOT a good thing, regardless of your skin type or how gentle the product claims to be. Cut back to twice a week and see how your skin reacts.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
How often do you use it? If it's drying it out, try using it at half the frequence you currently are. If you're using it every day, go to every other day, if you're using it twice a week, go to using it once a week, etc.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
If I used an exfoliant everyday my skin would look dry and every fine line would show up. IMHO daily exfoliation is too much for most skin types. Try giving your face a rest for a week or two. When introducting the product again try using it once or twice a week at most. If you have congestion on your nose and chin you might try using it more often in those areas only.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, thank you all. I have started rotating it with my cetaphil cleanser. Also I have used my more rich moisturizer and my skin is getting a bit better.

I was using it in the morning and the daily resurfacer in the evening. That's what it said in the instructions.

May I add the daily resurfacer is great. It's not drying at all an I wake up with glowing skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
seno wrote:
Hi, thank you all. I have started rotating it with my cetaphil cleanser. Also I have used my more rich moisturizer and my skin is getting a bit better.

I was using it in the morning and the daily resurfacer in the evening. That's what it said in the instructions.

May I add the daily resurfacer is great. It's not drying at all an I wake up with glowing skin.

Even though that what it said in the instructions, exfoliation twice day is WAY too much exfoliation for most skin types. That explains the dryness... You have to cut back drastically on the exfoliation. I think anyone would experience dryness with that routine, no matter what moisturizer was used.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I realize that now. I think I will slowly increase the days of exfoliation until I find a frequency which suits me. I'll start off by doing it once or twice a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
seno wrote:
I realize that now. I think I will slowly increase the days of exfoliation until I find a frequency which suits me. I'll start off by doing it once or twice a week.

That sounds like a good solutions for now! Smile
LJ604
5% products discount

Sun May 25, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I also get a drying reaction when using this product everyday. Another thing I found..It recommends you work it in for a min or so..and I believe this aggrevates my skin. I now apply it and massage it in quickly and rinse..reduces the drying out effect on my skin. Skipping a day also works to reduce drying.
LJ604
5% products discount

Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I also get a drying reaction when using this product everyday. Another thing I found..It recommends you work it in for a min or so..and I believe this aggrevates my skin. I now apply it and massage it in quickly and rinse..reduces the drying out effect on my skin. Skipping a day also works to reduce drying.
sally72
5% products discount

Tue May 27, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I just started using the Dermalogica Cleansing gel and love it. I was also recommended by my cosmetician to mix it with the microexfoliant daily but the two products together were a little pricey for me. I think the quality of their products is very high. My suggestion to you is to cut back on the amount of times you are using the product. Instead of using it everyday, use it once a week. This should help the condition of your skin.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am finding the drying has decreased significantly since I cut back. Thanks all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
If you're using it every day,i think it will dry your skin out. I use it 3 times a week,
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Is this products contain AHA? I had see some news about their products contain AHA in another bbs.My skin can't touch skin care for AHA.So hope somebody can tell me.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I have used Kiehl's Biological peel to do exfoliation, it is a very gentle product; just apply it on your face overnight and the next morning you will feel your face very smooth. Also, it is a mosituriser too!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |