Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
MAC Q&A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
mrspiggy wrote:
Nemo, I have to say, I stopped at the MAC store and picked up some foundation.. and I don't use foundation! Laughing

I just got Mineralize satin finish in NC30 and 190 brush and a lipgloss viva glam V .. do I need to wash the brush before use? Can I use it damp?

I was pegged as a deep winter, (jewel hues) any recommendation of a blusher and a brow highlighter? I have oily lids, so most eyeshadow don't stay.

Thanks!
A

The 190 is a Synthetic brush, so you don't have to wash it before use. You could just rinse it briefly under water. And yes, you can use it damp if you wanted to sheer out your foundation, though Mineralize Satinfinish is pretty sheer.

My favorite brow highlights are Mylar [matte] & Shroom [soft shimmer]. And really nice blushes to look at could be Blushbaby [super popular, pink/brown] or True Romantic. [plum pink]

If you have oily lids, apply a paint pot before eye shadows to keep the lid fresh. Smile

HTH!

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
Nemo!AtTheDisco, thanks a lot!

I've got "Prep&Prime" today and cleansing oil,
got tester of Select Tint NC30.

I'd like to ask your suggestion re eye make up.
I'm pale skinned, green eyed, blond haired 39-years old. i always used neutral colors on my eyes - beige or brown. What's you suggestion for daily make-up for office.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I already have in my "wish list"- Loose Blot Powder, Select cover up and Fix+ for tomorrow's trip to MAC's store.

You could do a number of things for eye makeup that would be very pretty & office appropriate. Before I list the eyeshadow combos, I would like to state my Favorite Brow Highlight is Mylar [neutral satin highlighter] on a lighter skin tone.

One of my favorites is using All that Glitters [beige lustre] on the lid and Haux [light plum brown] in the crease. I would do this with Prunella [burnt plum] liner, great liner for brown eyes. If you'd prefer matte shades, I would recommend Bisque or Quarry as your lid shades.

If you prefer a more plum look [its always good to try something different, I think people should always try an be creative] I love using Quarry [light plum brown] on the lid & Blackberry [medium plum] in the crease, with Prunella liner.

Also, Sable & Handwritten would make a nice deeper bronze combo with a Navy line like Blooz to pop your eyes.

HTH!

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
Hi Nemo!AtTheDisco,

This is really wonderful of you to do Smile

I have trouble using the Prussian eyeliner. It drags on my eyelids when I try to draw a line. I tried doing it in dashes/shorter lines but have the same problem. I've tried both with a point and a more blunted tip, which is only a little better. Love the e/l but rarely use because my eyelids get sore from the pulling/dragging. Also, by the time I mentioned to get something decent on, it's too dry to smudge. Do you have any suggestions?

And is there a second product you could recommend in terms of a blue e/l for brown-eyed gals? I like something in the navy family, not bright or glittery (I lean toward a more conservative look.)

Also, in your opinion, can Asians and people with brown eyes wear bronze shimmer e/s? I know they say you should contrast with eye color, and also wondering if someone with yellowish skin can wear a bronze shimmer color.

Thanks!
Montrealgal

p.s. I'll take the 3rd spot in line! Smile

Hmm.. I don't use Prussian alot because I prefer Navy Stain or Auto De Blu, its a twist up & its softer but it kinda dries down to be long wearing but you should have plenty of time to smudge it. It could also be a bad pencil that could be exchanged.

Prussian Eyeshaow is great, on the other hand. You could use it as a powder liner, because its loaded in pigment. For using it as eyeshadow, If you want to keep it more day-friendly buffing it on with a blending brush [MAC 224 or 222 for a more controlled application] would help. You could also dust it over something like Shroom or Mylar to lighten it.

Almost anyone can wear bronze. Bronze [warm bronze] will look great because of your yellow skin tone, whereas a more Plum Bronze [Sable or Twinks] would comliment your eyes & tone. I would probably stay away from the more Orange toned Browns like Amber Lights, but makeup is & art and its good to experiment. Just do it in the store so you don't waste your monies. Smile
HTH!

Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
Nemo!AtTheDisco wrote:
HannaLee wrote:
My skin tends to dislike products with SPF...I had tried the select cover-up and the pencil concealer, but because my skin is oily, the select cover-up didn't have the best staying power.
I wanted to try the thicker studio-fix, but the makeup artist said to stay away if I tended to react badly to SPF containing products, and gave me the full-coverage foundation instead (which is the size of a regular powder, so as a concealer should last me FOREVER!!)

Nemo, what do you think? I use the studio fix compact after using a NARS concealer...so you think the full-coverage foundation is a good option for my oily, severly acne prone skin? I will say that the coverage is amazing, but it does make me look 'makeup-y'

Any tips to look less made up? Also, what is the best way to choose a colour? I normally wear studio fix NC 25 (but now that i'm tanned, its a bit too light), but the makeup artist suggested I try NW30...it makes me look fake-tan orange!

First off, if your Acne prone Studio Fix isn't you're friend. There is alot of talc in that product, not good for acneic skins. I'm suprised Fll Coverage foundation doesn't break you out either, to be honest. That's thick stuff!

To look less make-up-y, buff the full coverage on slowly with a Kabuki brush, or something like MAC 227. It'll give you more control over how your foundation appears.

Shades in the NW naturally run darker than shades in the NC family. If you're naturally NC25. and now your tan, I'd assume [unless you've gotten ALOT darker] NW25 or NC30-35. NW30 is a bug jump away from NC25, it takes me all summer to get darker than NW25 and maybe get to NW30. Haha.

HTH!

I went and exchanged the full coverage in NW30 for NC30, which seems to be a much better colour match. I am worried that it will cause a breakout, but the makeup artist said it should be fine...I am hesitant to use it all over my face though...

Instead of the studio fix, what would you recommend? I tend to have a lot of old acne scars and large pores, so my main concern is evening that all out.

Studio Tech is much better in my opinion. It's a cream to powder and the coverage is better than Studio Fix. I prefer to use that on a reactive skin. Also, try using the full coverage only as concealer, only wear needed. Full Coverage Foundation is just a large size of Studio Finish Concealer.

HTH!

Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
mrspiggy wrote:
Nemo!! I want to tell you, I missed this thread big time! I keep coming back to re-read all your recommendations Smile

I bought a blusher the other day, Dollymix, I love it! I am having some minor issues with my Mineralized Satin foundation, it is getting shiny on me. I am blaming it on the hot and humid (heatwave) in Singapore right now.
I read that Mineralized Satin Foundation is more suited for normal to dry skin.. and I am a normal to Combo skin, maybe that is why it is not agreeing with me. LOL!

Right now, I am using just pressed sheer powder (Kesalan Patharan) instead.

I have the MAC eyeshadow, Phloof, Juxt and Duck Powerpoint Pencil (and Dollymix blusher). What eye shadow will be good as a contour or to complement the current colors I have and I have Bobby Brown's Lipstick in Blue Raspberry and Lipglass in Viva Glam V.

Oh another question, using the foundation brush vs fingers to apply foundation, is there is huge difference? I find it quicker to use my fingers.. Very Happy Is there a concern with using my fingerS? LOL!

This is difficult, I had stopped using makeup for 6 years so it is a challenge to start from scratch, selecting eyeshadows, blushers, lipsticks. I usually just use a loose sheer powder when I need makeup. LOL!

Thanks soo much!!
A

If your skin is not on the dry side. I would either put a loose/blot powder on top of the Min. Satin, or I would switch to Select Spf15 Foundation. Mineralize Sat.Fin. seperates on an oily skin, beware. And I always apply my foundation with a brush. On myself & my clients. You waste less makeup, and get a smoother finish.

A little Coquette or Cordorouy would be a great matte brown for contour. Phloof! is a fun color, but if you're using it as a brow highlight, investigate something like Shroom, or my favorite, Mylar!

Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Thanks for bringing this thread back up in view. I can't believe how I missed it first time around.

Nemo!, I'd love to get some recommendations for eye make-up for pale skin, blonde hair and blue/brown eyes, please? I already have Painterly as a base (and love it). I'm 42, so can't really get away with any of those gorgeous, vividly crazy colours I see MAC MUA wearing, as much as I'd love to! Crying or Very sad

Check out Naked Lunch (slightly pink) or All The Glitters (slightly yellow) as a lid color, it's a beautiful nude shimmer, not too shimmery, but just the kind of sheen you want to pop that lid. Try a crease color like Soft Brown (light warm brown), the orange undertones will pop the blue, but its soft. You can use it on your entire crease, inner to outer corner. At night or even for day if you'd like you could add something like Embark (dark brown) or Sketch (dark reddened brown) into the very deepest part of your outer crease, for extra definition. And as Always Mylar is a great brow highlight.

That look gives you a pop of some nice color, but nothing too overwhelming. It's one of my go-to make-up palettes for fair skin and blue eyes. Smile

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |