Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
post facial nerve surgery makeup rec
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
curls0202

Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Just had surgery on the nerve on one side of my face. My face is intact - no scar, incision etc Very Happy so that is not an issue but my face is numb all on one side (Like the dentist froze it totally!)and I can't stand putting on my normal makeup (a cream foundation - Clinique one for oily skin). It is hard to touch my face at all - feels like touching plastic - and it may take months/years to go away. And my skin is dull, blotchy. Guess that will go away too but really need a pick me up, something to help me look good and feel good about myself not like a zombie! So wondered if anyone could recomend a product that would go on quick and easy (little tugging, pulling), and help to brighten my complexion and even it out. I do have adult acne and oily skin (under control with my skin care line) as well as large pores so would have to consider that too.

Know this is a lot to ask but if you don't ask ....

thanks!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Curls -

Have you considered Mineral Makeup? It is great!! It goes on like a dream, is a natural sunblock, and really evens out your skin tone. You put it on with a brush as it's a loose powder. It also is very good for your skin. You can't even feel it on. Never heavy or cakey!

I love Jane Iredale Amazing Base for my normal to dry skin. It hasn't looked this good in years. She also makes a Pressed Powder line which is more matte and made for oilier skin. Her line is NOT cheap, but it lasts forever and it is very HIGH quality! Sites like dermstore.com can send you samples before you order so you can find the right color match, or maybe you have a spa near you that carries the line, b/c she is not sold in department stores.

Another good mineral line to try that's a more matte line is Monave. I hear it does wonders for people with skin that's prone to breakouts.
You can get very generous samples of this line on a site called littlestuff4u.com. Sandra is a doll on that site. Very helpful. She also has her own line of minerals and samples of the very popular Bare Essentuals mineral line. She used to have JI samples, but the company she did business with, no longer carries Jane samples so she has very few if any left.

Good luck!!!

Maria

5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was also going to reccomend Jane Iredale, but it looks like Maria beat me to it!
curls0202

Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!

JI has both pressed and loose powder, which one is best to work with? Or the bare escentuals line - does it compare to JI? I looked up monave online but only found US companies - too expensive to ship into Canada and don't have anyplace near me that carries either JI or Bare E so guess I'll have to order online and hope for the best. So if you have an opinion about the above questions let me know!!!!

thanks!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
JI pressed works best for oilier skins, and loose for normal skins.

I myself am not a big BE fan, but there are LEGIONS of them out there!!! I think JI is a more natural looking makeup, with better color choices and not as "glowy" as BE is. But really, it's all trial and error until you find the one that works.

Too bad about Monave, b/c that's a good line too! If you do a search of Mineral cosmetic companies, you may find another that you like even more!!! There's lots to choose from!

Maria

Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Maria. I've been searching mineral makeups because that Monave line just intrigues me Smile Also found Sheer Cover by Leeza Gibbons and Pur Minerals, both the the shopping channel, but just not sure ...

I really appreciate your comment on "glowy" for BE because with oily skin glowy is the last thing I really want so that turns me to JI!!! I was looking at the clinique powder foundation today (the one for oily skin) just because it's here locally and almost bought some to try (I've had good luck with clinique)but I just really like the idea of the mineral stuff so might just splurge. After all, I"m worth it, right Smile especially after this surgery - I am so blah looking and really need the pick me up
thanks again!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |