Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Over Bathing/Showering Causes Wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DStats19
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
A friend told me too much time soaking in water causes permenate wrinlking. is this true?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know, but water dries out skin (even if you don't use soap). It's not recommended to shower more than once a day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that too and the warmer the temperature the more loss of natural oils.

All my life my mom has gotten on to me for
soaking in hot baths. Sad
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
There is a lot of truth to that, since soaking in water is dehydrating. You have to make sure to hydrate the skin after the dehydration occurs.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, hot water dehydrates the skin and ultimately wrinkles due to a fluid loss. If you must take hot showers/baths, I would limit them to once a day and put on heavy cream or oil afterwards.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I also have herad that dun use too hot water to have shower coz it would dehydrate your skin. BTW, after shower, you should apply body lotion ASAP.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
does it mean room temperature is the best for the skin? i am used to use vrey hot water for shower even though in summer...maybe i hv to change this habit
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I don't know that water is dehydrating and drying. Soaking in hot water may dehydrate you because you sweat.

I think it's more the chemicals that are placed in the water that are drying - chlorine being the main culprit Confused I got a shower filter and it's made a huge difference in reducing the dryness of my hair and skin. You can do a search - there are threads on shower filters here on EDS. You can also get filter balls for the tub if you take baths.

The pruning effect you sometimes get from soaking in water is something different and isn't permanent. I've heard that many people who start soaking in magnesium salts/prill water to get the benefits of transdermal magnesium sometimes experience this as the magnesium helps the body hold in the water more.

I do think washing too often with cleansers is drying as you are stripping your skin of it's natural moisture barrier. Dry brushing does the opposite though - it gets rid of the dead skin and seems to help the skin moisturize itself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you were supposed to soak in warm water to open the pores up prior to applying skin care.

does anyone have a good estimate of what the suggested time would be to take a bath or shower?
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I also heard that over showering wrinkles the skin. It is best to finish bathing/showering before the skin gets wrinkley.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm a bather....and in the summer, up to twice a day. I also exfoliate twice a week. Since early childhood, my mother taught me to always use an emollient body creme or lotion after bathing.

The skin on my body still looks like I am 20 and I'm in my 50's. My skin is always moist, I have no wrinkling or cellulite issues at all.

I think it makes good common sense to supplement moisture if you bathe/shower frequently.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |