Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good products for acne scar reduction-anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Maria_312
5% products discount

Wed May 28, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
After I deal with my skin getting back to normal from a chemical peel that didn't go well, overly-exfoliating and returning the Clinique products-i will have to deal with my acne scarring. I hear that chemical peels are good for reducing acne (which is what I was hoping to correct to begin with) I am a bit nervous to do another chemical peel as the one I had before didn't go well.

Does anyone have any advice on what works well?

-I read a forum on the Baby Quasar, but am scared to spend money on something that 'may' not work so well.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
A product that I really like and I think it does do a lot of good and possibly does help heal acne marks is the healing moisturizing balm by 100% pure. It's not at all irritating, as long as you're not allergic to the natural ingredients in it. It has 15% vitamin E and 15% oil soluble vitamin C, which are very effective together on the skin. The texture is not the best, it's heavy like a butter but it absolutely does not cause pimples, at least for me.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
ive been pleasantly surprised by dhc acne whitening gel. am gonna give it another week or two of use and post a review in the product review forum Smile
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I guess all whitening products can be deal with acne mark.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Maria.
Topical treatments might do something, but I believe you might need more to achieve results.

You may look into the ongoing "302 Skincare"-thread. Forum member boski has got great results with the combination of this product line and Dermaroller on her acne scars and marks. She posted before- and after- pictures.

If you read the Dermaroller-thread, you will see that dermarolling can be able to encourage collagen growth and deeper penetration of the products applied.

Good luck. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
My friend had acne scars which were about 4 years old. She used Juice Beauty Blemish clearing serum and within 4 weeks all her scars are gone.

I occasionally use it on blemishes and its excellent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
saz07 wrote:
My friend had acne scars which were about 4 years old. She used Juice Beauty Blemish clearing serum and within 4 weeks all her scars are gone.

I like the Juice Beauty blemish clearing serum as well for acne. It's gentle but it works.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had alot of residual scarring from years of dealing with acne. My acne is now completely under control, but I did have to deal with fading the scars. I have been using Obagi & Jan Marini. Specifically I use Jan Marini bioglycolic cleanser, Obagi Clear, Jan Marini Bioglycolic Cream, Obagi Blender + tazorac, Obagi Sunfader & Sofina Nuance Up for extra sunscreen. These products are very strong, but my skin is extremely rhobust. I would see a dermatologist to make sure your skin can tolerate the Obagi system & Jan Marini bioglycolic line. I also use Neutrogena Anti-mark Fading Peel at least once a week.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
A dermaroller that is .75mm or longer for skin remodeling.

Do a search for threads on Epidermx cream - a form of manual microdermabrasion.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/naturderm-epidermix-ii-p_7519.htm
Here's one thread with a review to start you off:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=185915#185915

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like Neutrogena's Acne Mark Fading peel. Normally you can find it anywhere Neutrogena is sold but lately I haven't been able to find it. It's still listed on Neutrogena's website so hopefully it's not going to be discontinued. I just found it at drugstore.com so I ordered several just in case. And it's cheap.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Epidermx II and Jan Marini Bioclear lotion have done wonders for me.

5% products discount

Fri May 30, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
And what about large pores? Does anyone know if the dermaroller work for this also? I am seriously thinking about buying one.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keeping your skin cleansed well will help reduce pore size. The Clarisonic skin brush is great for reducing pore size (perhaps the cheaper Pretika would work as well). It's also helped reduce fine lines on my face. Check some of the before and after pictures available on the Clarisonic website: www.clarisonic.com.

I recently got a small Vaculifter for my face and it seems to be helping as well. Check the cupping thread for more info.

I also like Juara's turmeric mask (not drying). There is a thread here on EDS about it.

The dermaroller below .75mm is to help topical penetration. .75mm and longer is to help collagen production, skin remodelling. Don't know if it would help with pore size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Pretika. I haven't tried the Clarisonic so I can't say how it compares, but I think the Pretika is a great product for what it costs.

lunarmm wrote:
Keeping your skin cleansed well will help reduce pore size. The Clarisonic skin brush is great for reducing pore size (perhaps the cheaper Pretika would work as well). It's also helped reduce fine lines on my face. Check some of the before and after pictures available on the Clarisonic website: www.clarisonic.com.

I recently got a small Vaculifter for my face and it seems to be helping as well. Check the cupping thread for more info.

I also like Juara's turmeric mask (not drying). There is a thread here on EDS about it.

The dermaroller below .75mm is to help topical penetration. .75mm and longer is to help collagen production, skin remodelling. Don't know if it would help with pore size.
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I hate to say this but the best thing u can do is go to a dermo and pay for a TCA peel. its very uincomfortable and a pain but the results are amazing for scars which i suffer from. On myself im buying Obagi very soon.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
saz07 wrote:

It's for clearing blemishes, but even the acne scar also can be cleared??
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
saz07 wrote:

hi saz07,
when is it best to use this product, at morning or night? does it also help prevent acne?
thanks
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the juice beauty blemish clearing serum and I think it's great for acne- both for prevention and on existing pimples. I use it at night.

dm26 wrote:
saz07 wrote:

hi saz07,
when is it best to use this product, at morning or night? does it also help prevent acne?
thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I heard from other posts that "Tamanu oil" do help on acne scar. Anyone tried??
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:

I've been using straight tamanu oil for the residual red scars for over a month now, and it's worked really well (and it's inexpensive!) Most of mine have faded to the point where they no longer distress me or are noticeable. For me the oil is especially effective in the first few days of use -- brings the red spots down by at least 50% sometimes with just one use (again, at least it works this way for me). I just spot treat at night before bed -- the only warning is that the oil is green and pungent smelling (like soy sauce) -- so beware green stains on white sheets. Laughing I'm obviously acne prone, and it hasn't caused any new zits for me (don't be scared off by the fact that it's an oil!) There are other threads on tamanu on EDS that you might find helpful too.

I've had less luck with a Vit C serum, but it's possible that mine has oxidized Sad I've never had a non-yellow serum, and apparently that's a sign that it's gone bad... Maybe I'll have to try the balm from 100% pure. But like I said, for now, I'm happy with the tamanu.

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
KBLang, you just apply it in night time. So yuo skipped all the normal skincare regime?
Or just apply them on top after all the creams and serum?
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
KBLang, you just apply it in night time. So yuo skipped all the normal skincare regime?
Or just apply them on top after all the creams and serum?

Hi evenet, I do my usual skincare regime and then apply the tamanu oil. After cleansing and toning, I apply Best Bath Store's acne treatment gel (a new favorite -- manuka honey and has really helped with existing zits) to any current zits and then tamanu to the remaining red spots. After those have soaked in, I apply argan oil all over. My skin isn't perfect, but it's a lot happier than it's ever been! EDS is fabulous. Very Happy

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
About the 100% pure healing balm,

I think I'm falling out of the infatuation with 100% pure products. I still like them, but it's not uncoditional now. Keep in mind that the healing balm really is a butter- it's probably better for winter. Also the form vitamin C they use isn't the best. If you want an oil soluble vitamin C, I recommend buying the THDA (tetra something ascorbate) from lotion crafter and adding it to an oil.
Or: you can also buy MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, I think) from Garden of Wisdom and make a vitamin C serum based on that. MAP is supposed to be very very good, and I think it's water soluble (but stable).

KBLang wrote:
evenet wrote:

I've been using straight tamanu oil for the residual red scars for over a month now, and it's worked really well (and it's inexpensive!) Most of mine have faded to the point where they no longer distress me or are noticeable. For me the oil is especially effective in the first few days of use -- brings the red spots down by at least 50% sometimes with just one use (again, at least it works this way for me). I just spot treat at night before bed -- the only warning is that the oil is green and pungent smelling (like soy sauce) -- so beware green stains on white sheets. Laughing I'm obviously acne prone, and it hasn't caused any new zits for me (don't be scared off by the fact that it's an oil!) There are other threads on tamanu on EDS that you might find helpful too.

I've had less luck with a Vit C serum, but it's possible that mine has oxidized Sad I've never had a non-yellow serum, and apparently that's a sign that it's gone bad... Maybe I'll have to try the balm from 100% pure. But like I said, for now, I'm happy with the tamanu.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
About the 100% pure healing balm,

I think I'm falling out of the infatuation with 100% pure products. I still like them, but it's not uncoditional now. Keep in mind that the healing balm really is a butter- it's probably better for winter. Also the form vitamin C they use isn't the best. If you want an oil soluble vitamin C, I recommend buying the THDA (tetra something ascorbate) from lotion crafter and adding it to an oil.
Or: you can also buy MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, I think) from Garden of Wisdom and make a vitamin C serum based on that. MAP is supposed to be very very good, and I think it's water soluble (but stable).

Thanks Nimue. I like what I've been using but had been looking at 100% pure, but if your love is no longer unconditional, maybe I can resist! Smile I am interested in trying out the vit. C DIY, and it seems like a little tetra. in the argan oil might be loverly. Right now I'm using a pre-made serum from Essential Wholesale, but the whole color/oxidizing thing worries me. Anybody know if there's truth to the fact that using oxidized vit. c will actually do more harm? I was hoping to maybe just use up what I have...

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:

After cleansing and toning, I apply Best Bath Store's acne treatment gel (a new favorite -- manuka honey and has really helped with existing zits) to any current zits and then tamanu to the remaining red spots.

I just looked this up...very interesting (and affordable!).

Acne Treatment Gel $19.95
A reparative gel light in texture restores your skin's appearance gently for flawless results. With natural ingredients that will not irritate or dehydrate your skin, Best Bath Store's acne treatment is highly effective, especially for sensitive and acne prone skin types. As always, the ingredients in this product are hypo-allergenic.

Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Comfrey Infused Witch Hazel, Red Clover Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Organic Manuka Honey, Manuka Essential Oil, Vegetable Xanthan Gum, Helichrysum Essential Oil, Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil

http://www.bestbathstore.com/acne-treatment/acne-treatment-gel/

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |