Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Botox, what's the big deal?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I just read a really interesting article in More Magazine about how so many women lie about the fact that they have gotten botox. I don't need it yet, but I'm not crossing it off the list. To me, getting botox just seems so mainstream. How do you guys feel about it and would you own up to getting it?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I think some people may not tell others because some feel that cosmetics procedures are frivolous and would put them down for having it done. Others I think just want people to think they are aging very well.

Like you, I don't feel I need it right now but am not ruling it out either. I probably would not tell everyone because most people I know would not dream of spending money on that type of thing.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think its that big of a deal. If someone wants to have Botox why not? You should do what makes you feel happy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just had botox today..and no I don't tell people. A few close friends but that's it. My husband doesn't even know...not sure why I don't share....just like to keep it to myself.
Lou
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I think you made a really good point Girlie Girl about people wanting others to think they have aged well. The article said that over 4.3 million women got botox last year. I guess I just never thought about how common it is, yet how secretive people are about getting in done until I read the article.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Botox="LIQUID GOLD". Once you start getting it, you're addicted. It takes years off your face. I don't tell anyone except my sister and my SO. I'm not embarrassed about it--I just feel it's a personal thing. I think it's more about spending the money on it rather than the fact that I get it that I don't want to be judged on.
I haven't had the funds to get it for a while and my SO keeps telling me to stop frowning. (Those pesky 11's!) I desperately need to get another "Botox Boost". It's awesome stuff!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I had botox done the 6 days ago. I still see the 1 1 between my eyes. Will this eventually go away. And no I didn't tell my husband I got it. I did tell him I was going to. He won't see the difference. I will.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I had botox done the 6 days ago. I still see the 1 1 between my eyes. Will this eventually go away?

If you've waited a week with no results, you may need more units in that area. I would suggest calling the place you had it done and asking them about it. The first time I had it done they used minimum units and nothing happened so I had to go back and get more. I get the max units now (I can't remember how many it is) and it takes about a week before mine kicks in. And unfortunately mine wears off more quickly than the promised 3-6 months. Mine is usually gone in about 2 1/2 months. I guess my facial muscles are very stubborn like me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
This topic is of interest to me, and I've been researching about facial fillers for quite some time.

I spoke to my Dr. and she referred me to a very good Derm in my area. I'm really looking forward to my first consultation. I've been using retinoids over the years and they have worked in my favour - but not entirely.

Keeping an eye out for further postings Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
another reason I don't tell anyone is because I don't want them staring at my frown lines...if someone tells me they had something done all I do is stare.. Wink
If I told my husband he would go on and on..telling me I don't need it, I look young, blah..blah..he just doesn't understand us women..Lou
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about getting botox around my eyes. I don't think I'd tell a lot of people except for my family & husband. I think most people I work with would think it was vain. Well, it is vain, but I don't want to be known as "the Botox girl."

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I"ve thought about it but because my eyes are so deep set and I raise my eyebrows all the time it's almost a habit that if I were unable to do that my eyes would be very hooded all the time. I keep hearing they can actually give you a 'brow lift' using Botox but I'm not sure it would work that way for me and seeing that the side effect can be the opposite I figure with my luck that's what would happen to me...
LindseyLS1
5% products discount

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully getting Botox done soon, and im only 23. I have lines between my eyebrows and on my forehead. Im not sure why I have lines so soon in my life but at this rate I do not want them to get worse. Everyone has different skin/genes/ages differently. I went to a doc and he told me that I am very smart for having it done early, because if I stop them before they start becoming worse, well then ill never have wrinkles! At least thats my theory. I dont care too much what other people think about my vain-ness, im obviously vain and I dont think its wrong at all to care about your appearance. I think its wrong to let yourself go.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
A deep wrinkle can be formed (like the furrow for the 11's) from overusing that expression or muscle. That's why smokers can get those lip lines and so on. So botox can keep that wrinkle from ever forming, because believe me it's a lot more expensive and harder to erase that wrinkle once it's there and pretty deep!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |