Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need eye cream for mom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
My mom just turned 59. My grandma is 80 and she looks younger than my mom. Mom has been a sun worshiper her whole life and her skin is showing it. When I was growing up she used to get me to lay out in the sun with her while smothered in baby oil and using tin foil. Luckily, I inherited my dad's complexion and I just burned which was enough to keep me out of the sun. She recently found out about Lifestyle Lift. She had her hopes up about getting it done but I found a lot of negative reviews of it online. Luckily, she decided to pass. She is so heart broken.

She's also recently discovered "high-end" skin care. I gave her some samples and half used products. She's finished off a few of them and has gone looking to buy a few but is shocked by the price. But she's still looking for the HG eye cream. Aren't we all? Her problems are bags, dark circles (probably hereditary) and deep wrinkles. I've love to buy her something to try. Any recommendations?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Misha, I would highly recommend Remergent products for your mum. If it is only the eye product to start with then that will be Microcirculation therapy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy. I was thinking eye cream because I just found out that my mom has never used an eye cream. I gave her an eye cream sample and she'd never heard of using any cream around the eyes. She didn't like the sample I gave her but it sparked her interest.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Maybe the eye cream by 100% pure is worth trying? They have 2- a caffeine one and an acai berry one. The caffeine one works against dark circles as well, I haven't tried the acai berry one but I would guess that it's more moisturizing and stronger for anti aging. I think the 100% pure products are of really high quality and are very reasonably priced. They also all smell delicious, so I think your mom will like using them.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I like clinique derma white eyecreme.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Misha,you are such a sweet daughter.
I wonder if a " peel kit" would exfoliate enough so she can see the new softer skin. And then use a moisturizer.I love all of PSF products.No matter what you get,it is so thoughtful.I know she will give you a huge hug.

Very Happy
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Misha, you really are a thoughtful daughter.

The 'Olay Regenerist' line is not only affordable, but it works as well as many high end brands.

In the "New Science Of Skincare" book, these products are referenced and recommended numerous times throughout the book.

And hopefully you reminded 'Mom' it's never too late to start using sunscreen... Cool
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I suggest La Mer eye concentrate, since my frd who work in Macy told me that this product is very good
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Misha, I sometimes go by Misha too - my name is Michelle - aka lunarmm Very Happy

I'm about to place an order for Karin Herzog products. Check out the thread here about them. The KH eye cream sounds good for your mom's issues. I'm going to experiment too with using the 2% KH Vit A-Apricot under the eyes as some people did this "by mistake" but with good results.

You didn't really mention your mother's skin type - dry, oily, combo, etc. I think emu oil provides great moisturization for most skin types. You can read a lot about it here on EDS. It's not expensive and your mom could try it. Andwww.dianayvonne.com sells samples of emu oil (and a lot of other things):
http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/179availablesamples/
I get my emu products in cream form from Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what my mom's skin type is. I know she's used the same stuff, Oil of Olay lotion, for as long as I can remember - at least 20 years. Can you imagine any of us using the same thing for 20 years!? I'm not sure what she uses to take off makeup but I think she uses just that and the lotion. So, the idea of a skin care routine is completely foreign to her. She just learned about eye cream so I'm not sure if she's heard of peels. But I like that idea too. She found a night cream from Clinique that she likes - it was one of the slightly used jars I gave her. It took me a few weeks to convince her that it's okay to spend $50 on a face cream if she likes it.

Thank you for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it. You've all given me some great ideas to look into. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |