Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Looking for a product to make my hair look smooth!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like to wear my hair straight. Meaning I use a straightening iron to get the "look". My only concern is I like when I see women's hair that is straight and really smooth and silky looking. I have tried some straighting gels or products, but some people it almost looks like a serum or oil that they coat their hair with. My issue with using products like that, is I don't want my skin to break out. And I am sure my skin would. My hair rests against the sides of my face a little, so I don't want to risk silky hair with getting blemishes. Does anyone have a good product that DOES not cause breakouts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you could try making something based off of aloe vera?
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to make 2 recommendations but I can't guarantee that they won't cause you to breakout. All I can say is that they haven't caused breakouts for me all the years I used them and my skin's quite sensitive.

Silky Sexy Hair Serum
Joico K-pak Serum

I've used both for YEARS and I constantly get comments on how shiny and healthy my hair looks. They also smell really good, a bonus in my books!

Hope that helps! Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
CMAYC
I'm going to make 2 recommendations but I can't guarantee that they won't cause you to breakout. All I can say is that they haven't caused breakouts for me all the years I used them and my skin's quite sensitive.

Silky Sexy Hair Serum
Joico K-pak Serum

Thanks CMAYC, where can I find these products?

Sat May 31, 2008 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I use MOP glisten shine drops on my hair (it is poker straight and fine), it is the best thing I have ever used to get shine and smooth down all the flyaways. Not sure about breakouts -I have quite oily olive skin and have never had a problem - it is made from mostly natural/organic ingredients so maybe better than more synthetic products in this regard? Hope this helps a bit Smile
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I have had very good luck using John Frieda
's Frizz-Ease and Phytodefrisant.

Thanks, BF
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
how about the Ion Styling Iron? it supposed to create healthy and moist straight or curly hair easily and the twin ion discharge can make hair silky as claimed....i think i will try this product....besides, i am using the Kérastase hair products that i satisfied the most among other hair product~it really makes my hair look healthy
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Once a month deep condition and Fekkai Glossing cream (with olive oil ) is the best I have found.
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I think the best way to make your hair smooth and shaine is to use ceramic hair iron.
Before ironing, do not forget use some heat protection products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Try Neutrogena's Triple Moisture product line. Many times you can get it on sale at drug stores like CVS.

You can read many reviews of the products onwww.drugstore.com

5% products discount

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Aveda has a smoothing serum that is amazing, I cant remember the name, its in a litle clear tube.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend trying BioSilk's line. Specifically;

BioSilk therapy smoothing shampoo
Biosilk therapy smoothing conditioner
Biosilk smoothing balm or Biosilk therapy smoothing solution spray.

This line smooths the cuticle layer, eliminates fly aways and frizzes, provides outstanding shine.

Another great product is Ojon restorative treatment. This is a pricey product but used once a week it will really help condition your hair and increase shine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Quote:
CMAYC

Silky Sexy Hair Serum
Joico K-pak Serum

Thanks CMAYC, where can I find these products?

I purchase them through my distributor for cost (I'm an esthetician), but they are sold in many hair salons and beauty supply shops.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and just so you know, I apply the Silky Sexy hair one when my hair is wet (it's a lighter serum) and then use the Joico one for smoothing when my hair is styled and dry - it's a fairly thick serum so you don't need much at all.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use coconut oil as a pre-poo treatment 2x a week. It really helps with keeping my hair smoother but if I want it super smooth I use TIGI after party.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone - I just learned a few things - always nice to get a boost... I do'nt tend to worry about the hair thing enough.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I apply Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide just before I flat-iron my hair to help protect it and make it smooth and shiny.
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I also use Redken - All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner helps and then I put in Redken Align 12 Ultra straight balm and straighten with a baby bliss ionic straightener. My hair is coarse, naturally curly (medium wave), and thick. I have tried Matrix and several of the drugstore brands but nothing worked until this!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
My mom used Redken All Soft products - very nice. When I visited I would use them. All Soft has avocado oil along with other goodies... I'm thinking of getting them when I run out of what I currently have.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can try using a few drops of jojoba oil or tsubaki (camellia) oil. I can use both on my face so I know they won't make me breakout. They are also great for hair.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil's great for hair too!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |