Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vivier vit c...anything as good or better
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my first bottle of vivier 20% vit c...I really like it but since it was my first experience with vit c I would like to try something to compare it to...any suggestions???
What do you think of Cellbone, or psf
Thanks Lou
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I am half way thru a bottle of Cellular Skin Rx - C+ Firming Serum and I love it!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I finished 2 bottles of Vitamin C by Vivier before I read that yellowish color of vit.C serum indicates oxidation of vit. C. Not sure, if Vivier colors serum to hide yellowish color of vit.C or it vit. C itself - both bottles I've used had same color. which definitely wasn't white.
Now I'm using my homemade vit. C serum and see no difference. Just saving around $100 on each bottle Laughing
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think vivier is the best but it's very expensive. I have ever use Obagi, it is ok.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
TanyaB, did you get recepy from EDS forum for homemade Vit C?

I am also planning to buy Vit C...the price for Vivier is really high. I read some good reviews about PSF.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:22 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB wrote:
I finished 2 bottles of Vitamin C by Vivier before I read that yellowish color of vit.C serum indicates oxidation of vit. C. Not sure, if Vivier colors serum to hide yellowish color of vit.C or it vit. C itself - both bottles I've used had same color. which definitely wasn't white.
Now I'm using my homemade vit. C serum and see no difference. Just saving around $100 on each bottle Laughing

my skinceuticals was always a yellow colour as is my obagi clarifying serum why dont they put these things into a pump dispenser then?
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 am      Reply with quote
You shouldn't use yellow/oxidized vitc...I used it for sometimes and that gave me blackheads..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
how can you say wether a serum has oxidizied or not, if serums are yellowish from the very start??? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
how can you say wether a serum has oxidizied or not, if serums are yellowish from the very start??? Embarassed

Yes, this is confusing. I have used three generous samples of Vivier C serum and like it very much. All of them had a slightly white/yellow colour when I opened the bottles.

Some years ago I used Cellex-C High Potency Serum. After some weeks it turned to a brownish colour and also caused lots of blackheads. It should obviously have been thrown away.

But I really thought that a slight yellow colour is acceptable. Otherwise I would have to throw away some new, unused bottles now and then. Any thoughts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
TanyaB, did you get recepy from EDS forum for homemade Vit C?

Not from EDS - from SmartSkincare, but it's similar. I bought raw Vitamin C on NewDirectionsAromatics web-site (for those who lives in Ontario, Canada).

From the same SmartSkinCare website, I've learned to avoid yellowish vitamin C serums.
I assume Vivier adds color to serum to hide oxidation, when it starts Cool

I also used Vivier's Seequin IDS 4 Skin Lightening Serum, which was great to lighten skin discolorations. It also includes Vitamin C and also has yellowish color. Even with its high price, it was much cheaper than useless laser treatments I had before.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
TanyaB, thanks!
I will first buy Vivier Vit C and may be after I will experiment with the home made one. At least I will have something to compare it with Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
whats the difference between the Vivier's Seequin IDS 4 Skin Lightening Serum and the obagi clarifying serum?
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
londongirl wrote:
whats the difference between the Vivier's Seequin IDS 4 Skin Lightening Serum and the obagi clarifying serum?

I never used Obagi, but I checked ingredients list and it's pretty the same. Same 4% Hydroquinone... So, the effect should be the same too.

Oh, btw - Obagi is cheaper, but not for much Laughing

Same effect you can reach by bying generic Hydroquinone 4% in the pharmacy. It sold "over-the-counter", in Canada at least. I've got one for $12.
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
$12 is amazing im going to mexico later in the year and i will be stocking up big time on that!

i like the obagi because its in a serum it has 10% vitamin c as well which i think has really helped the clarity of my skin

if i can get that in mexico i would be very happy Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |