Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nu Face... Does it work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'll just apologize in advance if this is a redundant thread, but I couldn't find much information on the Nu Face microcurrent gadget. I was telling my mom about it, but I want to make sure there are some people out there using it with success before I make her buy one Very Happy
Thanks for any input!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Nuface. Smile After a 10 minute session I look like I had a mini facelift. However, it is temporary.

IMHO I highly recommend facial exercise for lasting rejuvenation. Flexeffect is the best program I have ever used. It has been two months since starting my program. I can see a difference already. Flexeffect should be teamed up with facial massage. Besides the massage techniques from Flexeffect I am a new user of Vaculifter from http://www.ncnproskincare.com/ . So far I love this system but need more time to review.

Over the years I have used most every skin care product there is. My favorite still for mature skin is AlphaDerma CE. In saying I have come to the conclusion that once the aging process sets in you need to work from the inside out. By doing facial exercise I am addressing the supporting muscles and tissue of my face and neck. I also try to drink lots of water, use a good sun protection, exercise and keep my life style healthy. Lately I am working on removing unnecessary stress from my life.

You mother does not have to spend hundreds of dollars to look and feel younger. There is no fountain of youth but we can look great at any age. Smile If I had all the money I have spent on lotions, potions and gadgets I could go on a spa vacation.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately it didn't work for me at all Sad . I had to return it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I like my NuFace also. It is temporary but it works.
I agree with Winnie - Regarding working from the inside out.
It's important to use a nice baseline of supplements/multi-vitamin, no smoking, eat well... etc.

I have not used the facial exercise route but I can see that it is a logical choice. I too have spent too much on all kinds of lotions and potions and make-up but not anymore.

Find a nice skincare line that works. Don't expect miracles. Be faithful and consistent with what you do. And yep - get rid of the stress.
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading about NuFace lately, and then after reading about what you all say about it here, temporary huh? As in how temporary?? There are a few microcurrent devices out there, one I've been researching states that with regular use it can restore freshness and muscle tone etc.. But it's $1000.
Would you all say that microcurrent devices work and are worth the money? And also I don't understand why NuFace states that it can't be used around the mouth and eye area when other micrcocurrent products state they can.. anyone care to clarify this for a noob? THANKS!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I got one and unfortunately all it does for me is to make me look temporarily fresher. Had I not missed the deadline for a return I would have (and should have) returned it.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I initially got NuFace and then switched to FlexEffect. Some use both to complement one another. I feel that FlexEffect offers so much more, and currently rely on FlexEffect primarily.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Clarification - NuFace did do something positive, it just from results perspective FlexEffect is more effective for me. It is a wonderful facial exercise program.
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
So would most of you agree that NuFace really isn't something that has long term benefits as a stand-alone beauty treatment?
gemmabella
5% products discount

Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
hello all this is my 1st ever post on this forum and im so glad to be here! i was thinking about buying the nuface product but you say the effects are temperary.i just wonder do you mean you have to do it everyday for "upkeep" or does it ware off after a couple of hours? im very confused! Confused
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
What is Nuface ?? Is this cream or device??
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
NuFace is a microcurrent skin device used to stimulate muscles to pick up! Some have had great results. I have one. You can feel it working. It is designed to provide a microcurrent into the muscle area of cheeks, neck and forehead to stimulate them.

I would suggest doing facial exercises instead. I do them and I have the NuFace and I would send it back if I could. I like the results of it - temporary - fresher and a little lift but the flex effect is so incredible, real in the results, and cheaper....

Sis
rojo7449

Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
It's pricey for how minimal the effects. Last time I looked into it (and I have tried it with virtually no results), it was almost $500. I recall it went through 9Volt batteries very quickly.

A truly fantastic device is the Galvanic Spa II recently put out by NuSkin. Under $300, and has numerous other good uses besides lifting the facial skin. It can be used to tighten skin anywhere, it works to improve spider veins and vericose veins, stimulate hair growth with the head comb attachment, and probably more advantages yet to be discovered. Safe and effective.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
rojo7449 wrote:
A truly fantastic device is the Galvanic Spa II recently put out by NuSkin. Under $300, and has numerous other good uses besides lifting the facial skin. It can be used to tighten skin anywhere, it works to improve spider veins and vericose veins, stimulate hair growth with the head comb attachment, and probably more advantages yet to be discovered. Safe and effective.

Sorry, rojo, you sound like a shill especially since this is your first post on the EDS Forum.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
rojo7449 wrote:

Sorry, rojo, you sound like a shill especially since this is your first post on the EDS Forum.

Well, judge as you want. Your comment was very rude, and uncalled for. Rather than accuse, maybe you could have asked me a question about my reasoning.

I'm a licensed esthetician. I have a passion for anything anti-aging and have tried the NuFace device. We had one at school and none of us saw any visible results, and for how seldom we used it, we were having to change the battery way too often. I found it heavy, and very limited in its use. Why would I not share that information with others? It's expensive for how limited its use is.

Suzanne Sommers also has a similar device on the market. If I read her information correctly, it is sold through home party distributors and runs around $100. I've never physically touched it or tried it, so can't speak to it.

I bought the Galvanic Spa because it was for the entire face, and neck. I am really happy with the results, and don't know why you think I shouldn't have shared this information. I learned of the device on the TODAY show, and it was featured again this morning on another talk show, but I only caught it running through the channels, so I'm not even sure which one. I bought mine online at the company web site.

Shill? Whatever names you want to call me are a reflection of you since it doesn't apply to me.
rojo7449

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
I've been reading about NuFace lately, and then after reading about what you all say about it here, temporary huh? As in how temporary?? There are a few microcurrent devices out there, one I've been researching states that with regular use it can restore freshness and muscle tone etc.. But it's $1000.
Would you all say that microcurrent devices work and are worth the money? And also I don't understand why NuFace states that it can't be used around the mouth and eye area when other micrcocurrent products state they can.. anyone care to clarify this for a noob? THANKS!

Wow - it was only 2 years ago that I last saw the NuFace device and it was $450 at the time. If I got it too close to my eye socket, I'd see flashes in my eyes. $1000 now?

I'd say more, but I'm being accused of being a shill, so clearly my experiences are not welcome here.

I think I'll just stick with my own skin care blog.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
My NuFace was around 350.00 purchased in late spring/early summer.
Guess it pays to shop around Wink

RoJo, we have had people hawking products on here and Yes they tend to show up as new posters and give their pitch.

It doesn't mean you are a shill but it is a typical maneuver that those of us who have been here a while have seen more than a few times. So we are cautious and aware.

We try to share ideas and generally we observe products over a period of time and evaluate them based on many observations and anectdotal and scientific-based evidence. I'm sure if your product that you mentioned is so good - it will stand the test of time and become a favorite here.

Sis
rojo7449

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

RoJo, we have had people hawking products on here and Yes they tend to show up as new posters and give their pitch.

It doesn't mean you are a shill but it is a typical maneuver that those of us who have been here a while have seen more than a few times. So we are cautious and aware.

We try to share ideas and generally we observe products over a period of time and evaluate them based on many observations and anectdotal and scientific-based evidence. I'm sure if your product that you mentioned is so good - it will stand the test of time and become a favorite here.

Sis

I would think there would be a better way to ferret out those "shills" than being so unwelcoming to new users.

I found this site because I was looking for jade facial massage roller information one of my clients had heard about. Saw this NuFace thread and thought my information had value. It turned out to be a mistake, and this site is too paranoid/suspicious for me.

During my many years of business experience I have found that great information comes from some of the most unlikely places. I may look for information here now and then, but I will resist commenting. My experience, research and information is considered valuable elsewhere, and I've always willingly shared my knowledge without charge or expectation.

Your friend cost this site a customer.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

We try to share ideas and generally we observe products over a period of time and evaluate them based on many observations and anectdotal and scientific-based evidence. I'm sure if your product that you mentioned is so good - it will stand the test of time and become a favorite here.Sis

Exactly.

So, I posted what I did because that's what it sounded like. If I'm wrong, then I apologize.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
rojo7449 wrote:

Why should anything I wrote cost EDS a customer?! They provide a Forum and I am a member posting here as are you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
I don't understand why NuFace states that it can't be used around the mouth and eye area when other micrcocurrent products state they can.. anyone care to clarify this for a noob?

I think the company is just covering their butt in the U.S. because the international Nuface site shows "advanced" usage:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27231

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
rojo7449 wrote:

Why should anything I wrote cost EDS a customer?! They provide a Forum and I am a member posting here as are you.

Because I won't be buying anything here because of your unwelcoming attitude, and I had my eye on several products.

IF I'M WRONG, THEN I APOLOGIZE?

Clearly, you are beneath the ability to apologize. I'm positive I am not a shill for anything. I'm an esthetician, my clients need to be in the room with me for services. That's hardly possible through a message board, and I've not even hinted at what province I'm in, nor will I.

I was right when I said your original accusation was a reflection of who you are.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was extremely happy with the results I saw from Nuface. Using it almost daily it gave my mature skin a nice lift. The biggest difference I saw was around the mouth. My mouth corners were starting to droop. Nuface made a visable difference.

For several months I have been doing facial exercise (FlexEffect). I don't use the Nuface very often. FlexEffect is not a quick fix but has lasting results if done regularly. FlexEffect plus my Vaculifter give better results then Nuface and MUCH cheaper. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kitteny
5% products discount

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like the Nuface and sent it back after 3 weeks. The million page thread on it here made me think it was much more wonderful than the reality. Lesson learned, was not to jump right in on the rave reviews.

rojo7449, I hope you will stick around. Even though I'm a new 'poster', I've lurked for quite some time, and unfortunately 'shills' + 'spammers' are a daily occurrence here, and more than tiresome.

Perhaps this whole page of posts can be overlooked, and a fresh start can be made. I can only speak for myself, but I'd be very grateful to have your professional expertise + opinions on the EDS forum.

5% products discount

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Cleocatra wrote:
I don't understand why NuFace states that it can't be used around the mouth and eye area when other micrcocurrent products state they can.. anyone care to clarify this for a noob?

I think the company is just covering their butt in the U.S. because the international Nuface site shows "advanced" usage:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27231

When I wrote to Nuface customer service asking this question the answer I recieved was that because the muscles surrounding the mouth were 'oval' shaped, the device wasn't designed to accommodate them. It made sense to me, because no matter how I held the device, those two big round balls were just too awkward for that part of the face.

I absolutely hated how it felt on my forehead. Like small shocks. Shock

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |