Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which makeup brush would you buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a soft fluffy powder brush to lightly apply my mineral makeup and bronzer. I'm limited to buying it at Sephora (I have a G/C for $50).

After researching on Makeup Alley, I came across 3 options (2 Stila's and 1 Smashbox) but I can't decide!! Brick wall I thought that my girls here at EDS can help me out.....hopefully? Pray If there's another brush you'd recommend (that can be purchased at Sephora), do tell!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P20794&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3865

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P99122&categoryId=RVP

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8861&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3865
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
If you're looking for something to apply mineral makeup look for a dense brush. Kabuki brushes are ideal for this. But out of the three you put down, I think the Smashbox one would be the better one to have. I also say this not having used Stila's line of brushes so I'm not sure of the quality.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use this one to apply my MMU and I LOVE it:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8585&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3806

It's very soft and washes like a dream.

This one is currently on my to-buy list--- it's pretty much the softest brush I've ever felt, and I love that you can just toss it in your bag and go:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P190257&categoryId=C10480

I've also been hearing really posivite buzz about this new kabuki:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P210590&categoryId=C10461

Lastly, I tried this baby out in a Sephora store and TOTALLY fell in love with it. I would recommend this one for MMU:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P183725&categoryId=C17412&shouldPaginate=true

And this one for bronzer (I use it for both bronzer and blush and just adore it):
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P183724&categoryId=C17412&shouldPaginate=true

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, thanks for your replies!! Very Happy Very Happy

Manslayerliz: The Urban Decay powder brush looks heavenly! I love the idea that it's animal cruelty free as well. It's gotten really good reviews for the most part. One complaint from some is that it doesn't distribute powder very evenly because the bristles are almost TOO soft...have you found that at all? Also, how does it compare to the Sephora Platinum one that you mentioned you liked? Between the two, which one is your fave?

Thanks again! Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi CMAYC! The UD powder brush has always done an excellent job of distributing MMU evenly for me. It has a very full, large head, so for the longest time I never even tried it with my MMU because it just looked too full and puffy to work, but once I tried it I was amazed at what a good job it did. I definitely would not call it too soft--- it's not even as soft as say, Alima's brushes, so it has a lot of texture and picks up plenty of powder.

It's hard to say if the UD powder brush or the Sephora platinum powder brush is better because they are both excellent--- I kinda feel like you can't go wrong with either. They are pretty evenly matched in terms of quality, so I think it comes down to which shape, handle, and color you prefer. The Sephora one may be slightly less dense than the UD one. I will say this--- I have the blush brushes from both lines too and I vastly prefer the Sephora platinum one because I prefer an angled shape for applying blush and bronzer. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, manslayerliz! I think I'm going to go with the Urban Decay brush. I also need a blush brush, so I'll give the Sephora Platinum one a try! I SO appreciate you helping me out! Very Happy I don't know what I would do without this forum......except maybe save a lot of $$!! Laughing Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |