Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
girlsmom

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first post, been lurking for awhile.

I have a problem with sunscreen. No matter what I use, my face breaks out. It just clogs my pores and creates more black and whiteheads than I started with! I've tried multiple brands over the last 20 years with no success.

Does anyone have this problem and what do you suggest? I'm going to Hawaii in a month and don't want to spend the trip with a zit face!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi girlsmom , welcome to the forum!
What kind of sunscreens do you use chemical or physical? Is your skin oily?
I use Peter Roth sunblock. It is not oily and would be great in humid conditions since you are going to Hawaii.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be like you, couldn't use any sunscreens on my face, until I found out that for some reason I can use Japanese sunscreens. I like Shiseido and Sofina (this one you'll have to order from overseas). Good luck!
havana8

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom loves this physical sunscreen and calls it her HG. There's some info in this thread but you could probably also PM her for more info....

SVR 50 Tinted All-Physical Sunscreen SPF 50, PPD 20
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19506&highlight=sunscreen
girlsmom

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies! Yes, my skin is oily and it worsens when I get close to that time of the month.
I will check out everyones suggestions.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
My pores clog for easily too. I use a sunscreen from Mesoteric. Also doesn't mucky up my makeup.
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
girlsmom,

I was in the same boat as you until I discovered Devita. No more clogged pores (from sunscreen). It it is very cosmetically elegant, doesn't make my face greasy and is a physical block (Zinc) which I prefer. You can order samples fromwww.purebodysolutions.com if you are intersted in trying it.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
What have you been using to clean your face? Do you break out as soon as the sunscreen hits your face or after a day or two?

I find most heavy sunscreens that I use that actually perform must be cleansed off very thoroughly and sometimes with an oil cleanser. Just a suggestion!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you need to use physical sunscreen only and make sure it's oil free.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think Devita's probably one of the best sunscreens out there. Smile
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I`ve just ordered Devita ss and can`t wait to get it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
I`ve just ordered Devita ss and can`t wait to get it!

Are getting the face or the body one? Where did you order it from?
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
am getting the face one, Devita Solar moisturizer 30, 2 oz from E-bay store "Nature's Skincare Essentials", the seller aromablossom, he has 100% positive feedback and he answered very profoundly my questions about expiration date and in what conditions it was kept, and they had international shipment at reasonable price. anyway I will able to tell you wether I`m happy with them or not only when I will receive it. hope it won`t take very long! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
and you`re still happy with your Devita?
have you the face or the body one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
and you`re still happy with your Devita?
have you the face or the body one?

I'm very happy with my Devita and I have the body one. I use the body one because it's cheaper than the face one and the formulation doesn't look that different. For the amount I get, it's a very good price. This looks like a HG product to me!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I should have a look at body one as well. it`s summer anyway! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
You will find that makeupalley has a lot of sunscreen reviews.

Shiseido is highly rated on that site and is available in the department store. Most people are wearing the Spf 55 (or spf 50 in Canada) forumla.

I am currently loving Vichy Capital Soleil spf 20. This is a stable sunscreen with Mexoryl SX available in drugstores in Canada. My picky 12 year old son will wear this. I wrote a review on MUA and there is a few other reviews. It is very liquidy and runny. It absorbs quickly and it is compatiable with MU. I wear MMU almost daily.

I also love La Roche Posay UV 30. This is available at EDS also. This is more moisturing and I use this in the winter. I also prefer this around my eyes and neck. I can use this right on my eye lids.

I also tried LRP spray 30. This is matt, too matt for me. I reviewed this on also on MUA.

I also have Clinique Spf 40. This is matt. It tends to sort of ball up and I prefer this on no makeup days.

All of the above are photo stable meaning the ingredients will not break down in the sun.

Another drugstore SS that has good ratings is Nuetrogena with the Heliplex. I have not tried this but I think I will pick up for body.

I suggest starting with the department store/drugstore ones. Keep your receipt and return it if you do not like it.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I also wanna add Olay moisturizer with SPF 30. The one for sensitive skin has no Avobenzone in it so if u wear MMU, that'll work. It's not too greasy I find.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
I should have a look at body one as well. it`s summer anyway! Cool

ahava, its sold at eds, does offer all body lotions by default with sunscreen..
also their facial skincare has it in...

the all-day-all-year daycream from sisley with a very nice, skin evening texture, also contains sunscreen...

but i think having read, that sunscreen in a cream is something contradictive.. as the sunscreen parts may not really go deep into the skin, but the other ingredients have to...
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem with clogged pores. I haven't been able to find anything that works yet. Still looking into organic sunscreen.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
m thinking of going back to using physical sunblocks. At the moment m using bioderma spf 100 which is a chemical one.

iv been thinking of getting the Fallene Total Block spf 58. Wondering if anyone here has used it and how did it go? Dont want anything that leaves a white cast is feels very greasy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
The only one physical sunblock that didn't gave me greasy feeling is Lavera SPF 40.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
With organic against exposes to the sun
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I use juicy beauty tinted moisturizer
barley
5% products discount

Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you try a sample of Dr Perricone's Solar Protection for face with DMAE SPF 26. I really like its texture, easily absorbed, no oily residue Wink .
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |