Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ella89

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I love Dr Lipp Nipple Cream, it is fabulous because:
1. It healed my chronically dry lips within a day
2. It gives my lips a beautiful, lasting sheen
3. It is completely non-sticky
4. It has no discernable scent

I have tried many lip balms, none of which I love more than this one:
- Elizabeth Arden 8-hr Cream: Great but the smell makes me want to throw up after prolonged usage
- Malin & Goetz Lip Moisturiser: Nice packaging but a bit sticky, plus did not heal my lips
- Smith's Rosebud Salve: Did not do much for my lips, too heavily scented for my taste, do not like the tub packaging which gets contaminated each time I dip my fingers in
- Shizen Conditioning Lip Gloss (Australian brand): Liked that it was organic, the lemony scent was refreshing but got to be a bit sickly sweet, don't like the tub packaging which is too small for my finger to get tothe bottom
- Kiehls Lip Balm: Like the packaging & SPF, but did not experience great results
- Philosophy Kiss Me Lipbalm Clear: I liked this a lot, but prefer the Dr Lipp which is a bit less sticky
I'm sure I have tried more but can't remember them right now!

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
haha... i love lip balms... i'm a bit of a junkie myself!

my favourites so far have been Kiehl's (of course!), Bobbi Brown's SPF15 lip balm, Lucas Paw Paw (although I read somewhere that they're not as "natural" as they claim to be)...

There are a few brands which are a little bit more obscure and the names slip my mind at the moment.. but i'm sure y'all over there in the US can indulge a little bit more on different brands as compared to us here in Malaysia!!

Ooh, jurlique's lip balm is good too
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using - for over a year now - a lip balm made by a lady who sells her products on eBay. (Not the one who keeps popping up and asking if anyone has tried her **** products because she has "heard they are very good" but another who shall remain publicly nameless.) She puts Matrixyl and honey in it and it smells like heaven. What impresses me is that it seems to work better on my lips than any of the brand products. It's very "thin" for a solid wax and seems to melt right into the skin of my lips. As a second choice, I rather like Rosebud Salve.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Mine is LipIce Colour Changeable (the fragrance-free one) which would give my lips a nice sweet pinkish hue. Then I would put Smith's rosebud salve over it to give the colour a nice glossy sheen. And my lips would remain moist and soft throughout the day! Very Happy Very Happy

I am planning to try other Rosebud salve's products!
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by Dr. H. lip balm.
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:49 am      Reply with quote
LUCAS PAW PAW OINTMENT! The best product out of Australia! Soothing, healing, its incredible. A cult product here!
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Aveda, really great, soft but penetrates and stays on. Just Pure, organic, very pleasant to use and effective. also one from Upper Canada soap company.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Right now I am loving Weleda Environ , another favorite I have is not really a lip cream but a barrier repair lotion which is called SBR repair
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:21 am      Reply with quote
My fav is Kiehl's 1#,spf4.

Though such low spf means nothing.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
until now , Carmex is my favor. I really don't like the Kiehl's 1 Wink
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter in Berry. I have to say I'm really loving this balm. My lips feel much more hydrated! This balm seems to stick with me. I don't have to keep replying it over and over again. Smile
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use L'Occitane 100% shea butter. I put it in an old lip balm tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
I use L'Occitane 100% shea butter. I put it in an old lip balm tube.

That's a great idea! Smile
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica lip treatment is really good!!!
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I use Neutrogena Lip Moisturiser. Works well in both humid and dry climate!
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I keep going back to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. I like putting it on going to sleep.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Just a note to those using Loccitane you can buy 100% pure Shea butter from many sources WAY CHEAPER. A few sites that sell are:

http://www.makingcosmetics.com

http://www.mountianroseherbs.com

if it is still a little "gritty" I just melt it gently and put in lip tubes, pots. For larger containers old body butter tubs.
Saves me a fortune and you can add EO's for benefits and yummy smells if desired. Just add the EO's when it is barely warm right before dispensing into desired container.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
IQ Beauty has a lip product that is outstanding - and I have been a lip gloss, chapstick, lipstick, junkie forever and this is the nicest stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
iregal wrote:
I keep going back to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. I like putting it on going to sleep.

But Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream really contain some unsafe ingrediant that can not be eaten, so I advise you why not try the EA 8 HOUR LIP STICK? I think both of them must contain some effect ingrediant the same.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I used to swear by EA eight hour cream, but when I cut petrol products out stopped using it. You can buy un petroleum jelly or make your own then add more or less beeswax to get the consistency you want add other actives ect. There is a recipe posted in DIY section already.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Kiehls 1# lip balm, Rosebud...I love these two.
tedd

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
elizabeth arden eight hour cream and Eight Hour Lipcare Stick SPF15!! It relieves chapped lip dramatically with no greasy feeling. I tried at least 20 brands of lip balms and will not change lip balm again.
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow..seems like there is a lot of raves for Elizabeth Arden 8 hour! For those who are using this, can you advise if there is fragrance in the product? TIA.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:31 am      Reply with quote
tomorrow wrote:
Wow..seems like there is a lot of raves for Elizabeth Arden 8 hour! For those who are using this, can you advise if there is fragrance in the product? TIA.

Well unless they changed it since I gave it up it is fragranced.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Ingredients from packaging: PETROLATUM 56.8%,LANOLIN, MINERAL OIL, FRAGRANCE, SALICYLIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, CASTOR OIL, CORN OIL, TOCOPHEROL, BHT, IRON OXIDES

above are the ingredients for Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.
Not that much good stuff and way too much bad and pricey! IMHO
HTH

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |