Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased cauldalie's lip conditioner, and I really like it. Of course another old standby is carmex.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Oh...when I read emu oil around this website, I assumed that it was short for something...it's from real emus?!! Shock

Think I've changed my mind on my favourite lip balm. Well I still like Ren but I got a set of small shea butters in L'Occitane's sale yesterday, forgot how fab pure shea butter is.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use emu oil on my hair, face and various other body parts. But with the lip balm I guess I'm actually eating the stuff Shock

Does that mean I'm not a vegetarian any more?
I do like that emu oil lip balm though ....
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Well I still like Ren but I got a set of small shea butters in L'Occitane's sale yesterday, forgot how fab pure shea butter is.

I bought a shea butter stick yesterday and it's amazing. I usually put lip gloss/balm on obsessively every 20 minutes but with this, I didn't want to for about 2 hours.

For those of you who make your own lip balms, is there a way to add SPF to them?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Carekate and Phredd4

Which oinments do you use, the original or the healing by Eucerin Aquaphor?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:04 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:

For those of you who make your own lip balms, is there a way to add SPF to them?

You can buy avobenzene from Lotioncrafter. You can also add zinc and titanium oxide.

But I would be careful about adding chemical sunscreen actives because you have to use such a small % and it is difficult to measure the right quantity especially in a lip product.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Aloette Platinum Lip Treatment. I've used it since it was introducted by Aloette a couple years ago I think. Some really great great ingredients but some I could really do without. It's too bad I adore the wonderful feel of it so much.

Among the bad
petrolatum (listed 1st), 3 types of parabens (bottom of the list)

Among the great
jojoba esters (listed 2nd), sunflower seed, millet seed extract, aloe leaf extract, green tea, avocado oil, date kernal extract, vit. C, idebenone, oligopeptide(?), lauroyl lysine, vit. E, vit. A, flavor (listed last)
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Shiseido's Water in Lip balm! It keeps your lips soft all day! I purchased mine in Hong Kong for around $4 CND (it's $8 here!) HK has the best selections of lip balm!!!
Verdigris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Blistex would probably be my all time favourite.
I'm interested in making my own as well, may have to investigate that a little further.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Loving the DR. H lip balm and sticks.
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I am a lig balm/gloss junkie. I cannot pass up all the colors, scents, flavors, tins, etc. But I always go back to Lip Medex. You know the stuff in the blue tub. I don't know why but my lips always look better when I use this in the wintertime.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I love Kiehl's Lip Balm #1. Have been using it for years and it has seen me through Vancouver's rainy and windy winters. I like that it has SPF too.
particle
5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love Kiethl's #1 lip balm. Although it is cheap, it is much better than some expensive lip balms.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
the good old bonne bell vitagloss has my vote. mega shiny and smells yummy!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I love Burt's Bee's, Dr H and Miessence.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Dr. Hauschka!!!!
root1979
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Mine would be vaseline. I put a thick layer at nite and in the morning, my lip look so good
Zanamer
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Carmex. Last week, after coming across this forum, I decided to try carekate's DIY lip scrub/exfoliator (thanks, carekate!). My lips felt smoother, but I didn't notice anything until I put on the carmex at night. Boy! I could really FEEL it and I've been using it for ages. Just goes to show how badly my lips needed a good sloughing-off Very Happy
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
You won't believe it... but that's true: Mentholatum softlip is my favorite one. I have tried a lot of others but finally get back to it. It even contains spf20.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka lip balm. It's wonderful.

I've also used Weleda's Everon lip balm and I like it as well but it smells like Vanilla and after awhile it became too much although many people like it.

In the past I tried Kiehl's which to me is nothing but petroleum jelly (vaseline) which interestingly enough is their first ingredient. Why should I pay a lot of money for that?

Also, some mentioned Carmex. I've used that as well and it feels minty when applied but after awhile it made my lips dependent and even more dry. It's not surprising when I later found out that it was developed to dry out cold sores (oral Herpes) around the mouth area. It is also made with small shards of glass to irriate the sores and dry them faster. So although it feels good at first the reality is that it makes your lips more dry so then one thinks that they need more, hence a cycle. It doesn't help dry lips at all in fact the opposite is true. Though their website states that this is not true they give conflicting answers when asked. Here is one of them. http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/carmex.html
The top of the Carmex lip balm pots say for cold sores and chapped lips. Personally I don't want to use something on my lips to moisturise them that is also used to treat what is actually oral Herpes!

I would go with Dr. Hauschka or Weleda.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I think I mentioned my aloe vera thing earlier on in this thread.

I'm mentioning it again as I recently spent a week using Ren lip balm again (which is by far my favourite lip balm but I'd like to try the Nuxe honey one).

I found I was waking up with dry lips again. Went back to the aloe vera a couple of days ago, using a bit of aloe vera gel (I always have a big tube of 99.9% for use as after sun etc) on my lips last thing at night, started waking up again in the morning with soft and plumped up lips. I also put some on in the morning at the same time as moisturiser but that's it. Glad to have my lips back to normal!!
Don't know if it would work for other people but it's worth a try, very low maintenance, and so cheap!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I love CocoaCare lip balm. It comes in a bright yellow tube for 99 cents at Walgreens (on the bottom shelf of the skincare). I've tried a ton of other things and this is still my HG. :)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud
it's cheap and lasts for a long time
Zanamer
5% products discount

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:

Also, some mentioned Carmex. I've used that as well and it feels minty when applied but after awhile it made my lips dependent and even more dry. It's not surprising when I later found out that it was developed to dry out cold sores (oral Herpes) around the mouth area. It is also made with small shards of glass to irriate the sores and dry them faster.

Glass shards?? Ugh! I'll have to look into that bc I have been using Carmex on and off for a few months. I might try the aloe vera (thanks daisylondon) or Dr H. Everyone seems to be loving that.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Aquaphor - I use it every night!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |