Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love it, I love it! It's neal's yard sun protection lip balm with a delicious balmy, melting texture and a delicious citrus taste, with spf...plus, it's organic too!

Fantastic stuff
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you buy it? I need something, especially during the winter, all year long and vaseline just doesn't do it for me even though I put it on every night.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased Jane Iredale lip balm. I really like it. It is not too heavy and a good sun protection. My lipstick goes on really nice over it.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I got it from the Neal's Yard shop in London, but they have a website:

http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Decleor one. I swear it somehow makes my lips look fuller (not sure how) and it keeps them nice and soft. It also has a lovely light cinnamony smell
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I like Bronzo Sensuale Carrot lip balm SPF 30. Sometimes it tingles though Shock
crinklecut
5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy - Is the Decleor lip balm you're using called Aromessence Lip Balm? They also have an eye/lip thingie and I'm not sure which one you're referring to. Thanks!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I love LIP SERVICE from Lush...It really helps dry chapped lips, plus it smells nice too Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:51 am      Reply with quote
No contest ... Carmex every time! Razz

5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I like my Carmex, especially since it has SPF in it (15, but they make a mint one that has SPF 30), but the best lip balm I've ever found is one made by bonne belle. It's in this little girly tube that "flips" and you slide up the balm. It moisturizes like no other, feels good, nice and light, and smells like strawberry. The only downside is that it is marketed to 12 year olds and looks it Laughing.

I've just tried to find a picture of it but the product isn't on the website. Oh dear I hope they haven't stopped making it...
Mabsy

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:58 am      Reply with quote
crinklecut wrote:
Hi Mabsy - Is the Decleor lip balm you're using called Aromessence Lip Balm? They also have an eye/lip thingie and I'm not sure which one you're referring to. Thanks!

Sorry, it is the Aromessence one. It's for lips only.
crinklecut
5% products discount

Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mabsy. Cool I recently ran across some info on Valmont Lip Repair--looks like a good product, especially for combating those weenie lip lines, but it's $$$. Anyone heard anything about it or ever tried it?

crinklecut ~~~
Mabsy

Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it myself but I know who has! Smile Babs! She hasn't been on here for ages - I wonder how she's going. Anyhow, before I get too off track, here's her review of it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=727

I must also say that she is largely responsible for my first steps into the Valmont and Cellcosmet ranges (her and EDS including the samples Very Happy).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm a lip balm junkie and I've tried nearly every lip balm on the market because my lips are HUGE (think Angelina Jolie) so I'm really self-conscious about keeping them in good shape (when they're chapped, it's really obvious because my lips are the biggest things on my entire face!!). I know this doesn't sound very "glamourous," but the best lip balm I have ever used is Eucerin Aquaphor ointment (in the lotion aisle at drugstores or supermarkets). It's not marketed as a lip balm, but this stuff is amazing! I apply it once in the morning and once before bedtime and my lips stay moist and hydrated for the entire day (normally, I have to reapply lip balm every hour or two). It also has a slight glossy finish, so the Aquaphor also gives you a bit of shine, too.

If the Aquaphor is too "mundane" for you, you can also try DDF Glossy Lip Therapy (available at Sephora), which I'd been using prior to discovering the Aquaphor. And just yesterday I bought the Color Full Lip Enhancer from the Peter Lamas line. I've only been using it for a day now, but I think it's going to be a keeper, too. I put it on this morning and my lips are still feeling moist. The great think about the Lamas Lip Enhancer is that it's tinted, so it gives your lips a gorgeous pink color (your-lips-but-better). So now I'm using the Aquaphor as my overnight lip treatment/balm and the Lamas LE during the day.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:27 am      Reply with quote
My fav is to use Lucas' Papaw Ointment (Papaw = Paw Paw = Papaya).

It is made from fermented papaya (a great softener) and is a topica ointment to use for anything.. cracked cuticles, rough elbows, chaffing.. you name it.

I even use it as a face protector on long haul flights. I take a small dab, rub between my hands to liquify a bit and warm it up and then pat/push onto my face. Stops the skin drying out in flight.

It is an Australian product, but some of the online pharmacies in Australia sell it online and for internationals you get 10% off (no GST) so that goes toward shipping!
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm, loaded with avocado oil, my lips are so smooth and lipstick looks so good when I consistently use this.
hOnEy~LiPs
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
aloe lips, khiel's lip balm, carmex lip balm, lancome juicy tubes =)
Ravenly
5% products discount

Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Believe it or not my ALL-TIME-FAVE is Dr.Pepper flavor by Bonne Bell. It lends just the slightest color that perfectly matches lip color. I've been buying this for YEARS. Also, if I want a more made-up look, I throw some liner on
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:46 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I'm a lip balm junkie and I've tried nearly every lip balm on the market because my lips are HUGE (think Angelina Jolie) so I'm really self-conscious about keeping them in good shape (when they're chapped, it's really obvious because my lips are the biggest things on my entire face!!). I know this doesn't sound very "glamourous," but the best lip balm I have ever used is Eucerin Aquaphor ointment (in the lotion aisle at drugstores or supermarkets). It's not marketed as a lip balm, but this stuff is amazing! I apply it once in the morning and once before bedtime and my lips stay moist and hydrated for the entire day (normally, I have to reapply lip balm every hour or two). It also has a slight glossy finish, so the Aquaphor also gives you a bit of shine, too.

If the Aquaphor is too "mundane" for you, you can also try DDF Glossy Lip Therapy (available at Sephora), which I'd been using prior to discovering the Aquaphor. And just yesterday I bought the Color Full Lip Enhancer from the Peter Lamas line. I've only been using it for a day now, but I think it's going to be a keeper, too. I put it on this morning and my lips are still feeling moist. The great think about the Lamas Lip Enhancer is that it's tinted, so it gives your lips a gorgeous pink color (your-lips-but-better). So now I'm using the Aquaphor as my overnight lip treatment/balm and the Lamas LE during the day.

I'm with you on the Aquaphor. It's a staple of mine. When I use it at night before bed I don't have to bother with any balm during the day.

-Cheri
crinklecut
5% products discount

Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, caretake, for the Aquaphor recommendation. I picked up a tube at the drugstore and it smears on just like Vaseline or Vicks. I'll keep my eye on things and see how it goes. I'll probably try the sugar scrub this morning before my shower--at least it sounds tasty.

crinklecut ~~~
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate

Angelina Jolie lips, I can relate. I too have those big lips, although I've try to think of them as full...Crying or Very sad

I love Kiehls, it goes on smoothly (a little sticky) but in the morning, the dead skin comes right off with a little help. I used to have this terrible habit of peeling my lips until they bled.. not anymore. I have tried almost every thing else out there.

But thanks for the Eucerin recommendation, i would have never thought it could be used as a lip balm. Hopefully it'll work since it's less expensive than Kiehls.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Quote:
I'm a lip balm junkie and I've tried nearly every lip balm on the market because my lips are HUGE (think Angelina Jolie) so I'm really self-conscious about keeping them in good shape (when they're chapped, it's really obvious because my lips are the biggest things on my entire face!!).

I too can relate carekate and freckles127 Embarassed and it's sooo frustrating how a lot of the lip balms and creams are geared toward lip plumping, and I'm thinking, "Nooo, I don't need them any bigger!"
People have actually asked me if I've had collagen injections Embarassed I wrote this in another post, but I'll just be redundant today Rolling Eyes I actually use my Eminence herbal eye cream on my lips every a.m. and p.m. (a tip from the Eminence consultant). It is all natural and organic with vitamin C to help with those lines. During the day I use a lip balm with an SPF 30 Bronzo Sensuale carrot balm.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

That is too funny, I almost rolled over in my chair when I read your post. I get that once in awhile too. People have told me that I have "plumpers" which I don't know whether to take as good or bad. I really don't need them any bigger, in fact, a tad smaller would be perfect.

Why is it that Angelina's lips are sexy while mine are considered PLUMP? ahhhhh Sad
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Freckles127 Laughing When I was younger, I was teased all the time, but now I don't mind especially since a lot of women seem to be trying to get them to be fuller.

Carekate, how are you liking the Peter Lamas Color Full Lip Enhancer? I thought that was supposed to make the lips fuller?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm liking Lancome's Lip Nectar SPF 8 with Grape extract... (I'm sold on any lip balm or gloss that protects Very Happy ). This cute light green tube is the same size as their Juicy Tubes, product smooths on well, is nice and moisturising, and gives a little bit of gloss. On it's own it gives a milky finish on fresh lips so goes nice under lipstick or glosses. It smells and tastes great too, but for effectiveness I'd stick with my bigger favs, Blistex and Kiels that does a fab job with dry flaky lips.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |