Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best lip balm...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Maria. I will go back and check out the website! I seem to go in stages of * spam alert * with this forum and my checkbook balance seems to reflect the pattern Laughing
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Aside from all the homemade stuff, my new favourite now is Dr.H lipcare stick. For color lip gloss/balm, FRESH lipgloss is the absolute best.

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:01 am      Reply with quote
just got a Dr Hauschka lip balm it's peally nice but packed with chemicals Confused
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a Perfect Potion balm today and it's lovely. All natural ingredients as well: shea butter, cocoa butter, avocado oil, vitmain E, and some essential oils. It does a very good job of moisturising the lips (not just sitting on the surface) and it lasts as well.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:00 am      Reply with quote
OK here's the ingredients for the Dr Hauschka Lip Balm in the guide book:

Catser oil, beeswax, peanut oil, carrot extract, wheat germ oil, apricot kernal oil, anthyllis vulneraia extract, calendula officinalis extract, cocoa butter, st john's wort extract, silk powder, jojoba oil, lecithin, glycerin, fragrance

Now on my pot at home it has all these ingredients but also with:

Benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate Think Rolling Eyes
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the Dr.H lipcare stick(NOT the balm), mainly because it's easier to use, stays on my lips and it has a deeper orangy tint to it, it gives me a healthy glow on my lips.

The ingredients listed, sounds natural to me ?!

Castor (Ricinus communis) Oil, Rose (Rosa canina) Hip Extract, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Oil, Lanolin, Carrot (Daucus carota) Extract, Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Candelilla (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Beeswax (Cera flava), Carnauba (Copernicia cerifera) Wax, Rose (Rosa gallica) Petal Extract, Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Anthyllis vulneraria Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Rice (Oryza sativa) Germ Oil, Rose (Rosa gallica) Wax, Jojoba (Buxus chinensis) Wax, Fragrance (essential oil), Lecithin.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Now on my pot at home it has all these ingredients but also with:

Benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate Think Rolling Eyes

That's odd... Question I just had a look at my pot of Dr H lipbalm and it doesn't have any of the above three. It all sounds natural.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Went to the health food store looking for avocado oil (see post here) they did not have it but did have a lip balm that was avocado oil, hemp oil and pepermint. I've used it for three days now and also put Skin Eternal Hyaluronic acid serum on my lips 2-3 time a day. I don't know which is working but my lips which were badly cracked look great. They
are fuller, softer and maybe a little pinker.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
This is what it says on my Dr H pot:

Ricinus Communis, Cera Flava, Daucus Carota, Triticum Vulgare, Prunus Armeniaca, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Calendula Officinalis, Theobroma cacao, Hypericum Perforatum, Serica, Buxus Chinensis, Lecithin, Parfum, Citral*, Eugenol*, Citronello*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Salicylate*
*component of natural essential oils

Shock Why does everyone's pot say something different?? hmm
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I use lip fusion for my plumping and moisturizing. I know it is very expensive but for me it's worth it. I hate applying chapstick constantly. Lip fusion I only have to put on once and it plumps my lips full of moisture for the whole day. It's just one of those things I will always carry with me for as long as they sell it.
Mabsy

Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Ricinus Communis, Cera Flava, Daucus Carota, Triticum Vulgare, Prunus Armeniaca, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Calendula Officinalis, Theobroma cacao, Hypericum Perforatum, Serica, Buxus Chinensis, Lecithin, Parfum, Citral*, Eugenol*, Citronello*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Salicylate*
*component of natural essential oils

And mine says:

Ricinus Communis, Cera Flava, Arachis Hypogaea, Daucus Carota, Triticum Vulgare, Prunus Armeniaca, Anthyllis Vulneraria, Calendula Officinalis, Theobroma cacao, Hypericum Perforatum, Serica, Buxus Chinensis, Lecithin, Glycerin, Parfum.

I got mine probably a year ago (exp 07/06) so perhaps it's a different formulation???
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:20 am      Reply with quote
My POT says the same as rzecka's, and it does NOT have an expiration date, just a lot#. I got it last month from a health food store...sounds like they added in the chemicals now.

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I got mine a month ago from SpaceNK. Like diderot's, mine does not have an expiration date - just a lot number (404 7033). Wonder why they changed it Question Confused
Mabsy

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I was talking about the lipbalm in the pot as well. The lot number on mine is 307 7069. I wonder if it actually feels any different to the previous formulation.

My lipbalm stick also has an expiry date and a lot# (which has rubbed off now though). Interestingly, the ingredients are quite different to the one in the pot, although still only natural ingredients.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
elizabeth arden eight hour cream, dr. hauschka lip balm, lucas papaw ointment, vaseline petroleum jelly
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite is the Weleda Everon Lip Balm. Smells like roses and vanilla and works great. I highly recommend it. Close second is Dr H's Lip Care Stick.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower, the Weleda Everon Balm sounds wonderful! Do you know if it contains castor oil?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I scanned all the above comments, but no one has listed my absolute favorite -- Nuxe Honey Lip Balm.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Is the Dr H discrepancy to do with different countries? Someone looked up Phyto shampoos on drugstore.com and it listed ingredients whilst my bottles bought in the UK don't have them on the bottle or the packet.

My favourite lip balm is Ren's which my hubby gets (he has way more products than me!). It's really nice and leaves your lips super soft. But I just like sticking some aloe gel on - really plumps your lips up. I just do it morning and night and leaves them soft. Not the best taste in the world though!!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Wildflower, the Weleda Everon Balm sounds wonderful! Do you know if it contains castor oil?

I got this from the Saffron Rouge site.

Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Candelilla (Cera) Wax, Rose Extract, Carnauba Wax, Vanilla Extract.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just recently my lips were very dry/chapped & the only thing that was suprisingly good was actually my Clinique Superbalm lip balm/treatment (original clear version). It's the only product that has rehydrated my lips, which is a bit strange seeing as it has petroleum in it & this usually makes my lips worse.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
La Mer lip balm, Elibabeth Arden 8 Hr Creme and a 50% emu oil lip balm from one of those emu oil websites.

And I've just started to use Valmont Lip Repair which is shaping up nicely

Next I want to try that Lucas Pawpaw Ointment.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:38 am      Reply with quote
The thought just occurred to me that I've been a vegetarian for more than 30 years and I'm putting emu oil on my lips and no doubt consuming it. Hmmmm...... Confused
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Gee, appletini! Were you finding emu oil helpful? I use emu oil all over the face and never noticed the benefits, so if I were vegetarian and emu oil was an issue, I certainly would not miss it at all! Smile
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Well I just checked the ingredients on the tube and here is what is says:

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojba) seed oil, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Rose (Rosa Centifolia) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Caranuba) Wax, Vanilla Plantifolia Fruit Extract, Rose Extract
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |