Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I have returned! an update :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
danielt

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi girls and boys, it is me Daniel (I used to post on this board when I was modeling in Italy all the time).. I haven't had as much time to get online lately but I miss this place Wink

so its been a trip the last few months. To sum it all up, I have returned from Italy (I no longer enjoyed city life) to my old apartment in Alberta Canada. I started a business here doing esthetic services, but have decided the business is not for me (don't like working hands-on daily). So I'm thinking about a career switch but haven't been able to narrow anything down Crying or Very sad. I wanted to do web design, and I put a portfolio together which I've been told is really good, but it seems like everything to outsourced to india Crying or Very sad. Does anyone know any careers I can do from home that are not like, avon ect?

Other news, I met this guy online (I am gay) and he is comeing next month on the 20th. We have been talking for the past 5 months online everyday so I am excited

what is new with everyone here?
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Ebay???
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Daniel!

Sorry to hear that your business didn't work out. Working from home can be tricky as it's hard to find something that pays well. I'm afraid nothing springs to mind at the moment - unless, of course, you start up an online business. Perhaps something to do with selling either fashion or beauty? Or maybe even some kind of blog/portal website?

Good luck with meeting your online chap! Remember to be a little cautious if you haven't met IRL before, just to be on the safe side. Meet somewhere public, tell a friend or someone where you'll be going, etc. Hopefully, it'll work out really well, but they're just sensible precautions.

(I'm sounding like someone's concerned mum or grandma, aren't I? Embarassed Laughing )
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daniel, it's good to see you back here! Are you still modeling ar are you done with that now? Unfortunately I can't really think of something to do from home either, but you're pretty resourceful so I know you'll figure something out.^-^ Keep us updated, both about the job and the guy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Welcome back Daniel wave

I'd suggest you shop your portfolio around to smaller companies that wouldn't necessarily have the volume of work to outsource to India. Is there a particular reason you only want to work from home? It kind of narrows your choices down a bit.
Re, the guy - agree with Majorb. Meet in a public place! Was it you who was stood up last time by some guy who was coming to meet you? Just don't get your hopes up too much, but best of luck, and keep us posted Very Happy .
havana8

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Welcome back, Daniel. It's nice to hear you are still alive and kicking! Smile
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Daniel --

There are lots of work-at-him jobs, especially if you know web design. Post on Craig's List, and I have no doubt you'll find enough clients who need just a tiny web presence. Put in "No job too big or too small!" to encourage people.

And I won't add any cautionary caveats to your meeting an online guy. After five months, I reckon you feel pretty safe. I know at least a dozen married couples who met online. Pretty soon, we'll be amazed that people had the serendipity to meet in real life!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Daniel. It sounds like you are friendly and have a great personality. How about sales? In particular sales of beauty products. You could do outside sales to salons and shops or in-house cosmetics like upscale dept. stores.
I have no degree or professional designations and I find that sales is the only way I've been able to make money.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daniel,

Working from home? Some people take on typing reports etc... - can you type? Others do the ebay thing - but you need to buy and sell. My uncle buys and sells coins and does quite well there. Contract work? Is there something you can do for a few months here and there?

Good luck with the new guy. Like the others here - just be careful. A public place is a good idea.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |