Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
UGH!!! Ingrown hairs....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nicolepedicini

Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I know this isnt the most glamorous topic and it's probably been asked and answered a million times(i'm new!).....but what's the best advice for ingrown hairs in the bikini area? I've tried waxing and i dont like the growing out stage and i've also tried a product called tendskin which works but has an odor and a drying effect on sensitive skin. Any advice?
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use TendSkin. There is also BikiniSaver which is less drying but doesn't seem as effective.

I have found that religious exfoliation and also using Tea Tree Oil moisturisers helps reduce the ingrowns.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
tooooo funny Bad Grin

guess what I am doing while I surf the forum?? ....waiting for the Nair to go to work on my bikini area. Hahahahahahahha Talk about multi tasking!!!! FYI, carefully place a tissue between your private parts, then place a towel over your computer chair, just in case, and wait 15 minutes!!!!

I have extremly sensitive skin, and every time I would shave I get terrible rash. Waxing was the worst pain I have ever enduered so the next option was Nair or Neet/Veet.
This works quite well and does not give me red dots or ingrown hairs. I do exfoliate each day either with "scratchy" soap, body scrub or a body brush.
I have heard a lot of gals get ingrown hairs from waxing so I say skip the pain and go for the Nair.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Ms Shoes,

I agree with the Tend Skin. I get terrible ingrowns on my legs (yucko) and used to run out to the store for the TS. However, I found a homemade recipie on MUA and it works pretty well also. Look it up under "homemade tendskin" and it should appear. voila. Don't forget to shake the bottle before using.

** I have never used it in that *area* before.. so I can't say. Embarassed
em
5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe Witch Hazel will work? I heard it mentioned somewhere...bought some the other day and it stunk like nothing i smelt b4, i dont want to ever re-open the bottle again Confused. If i had known wat it smelt like i wouldnt have touched it...exfoliating daily should keep the ingrowns away though. I use Nair specifically for the bikini area and its also for sensitive skin, havent experienced ingrowns....yet.
nicolepedicini

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:57 am      Reply with quote
thanks everyone i guess i should really try to exfoliate more! oh and about the nair and nair products do they work on coarse hairs? is there a specific brand that works the best?
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't bother with hair removing creams, I always have to leave them on much longer than recommended. Easy to rip 'em out or shave.

Have to agree with Tendskin - this has been a blessing - great if you nick yourself or get razor/post epilation marks.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
In the shower, instead of a washcloth, I use something called a Buff Puff. They make them for face cleansing and for body cleansing(no, not for those most "sensitive" areas Laughing ) I find that it helps alot, keeps those hairs closer to the surface and then they pop out. The body Buff Puff has 2 different sides, one that is harsher than the other. I use it all over and it really helps wash that dry skin away.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |