Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Intuit's ENORMOUS LASH - thumbs up!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I loved the old Revitalash formula, and couldn't believe how well it "delivered" but am not willing to spend that much on the new formula...so a while back (6 months ago??) I purchased Intuit's Enormous Lash. I used it once or twice then put it in the frig and forgot about it. Well about 3 weeks ago, I pulled it out and have since used it about 15 times. I can't believe it! It works! Honestly, you can't see the increased length until I put mascara on, then its, WOW~!! Although I think Revitalash (old formula) was even better, it also irritated my eyes more. Enormous Lash costs $95. Check out the before and after on Intuit's web site....Enormous lash gets a hearty endorsement from me!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
barley
5% products discount

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Glad it worked for you mountaingirl!
Did you purschase it from their official site?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for about 6 months, and it does work very well initially. My lashes looked awesome with mascara. However, I think the active ingredient is the same glaucoma type drug that was in Revitalash and I was afraid of getting the dark lines on my eyelids, so I only applied once a week after my lashes had gotten very long. Well, after a couple months of once a week only, they have gone back or maybe worse than before. Looks like they all fell out at the same time, so now I have short, sparse eyelashes again Sad . If anybody can find the list of ingredients, I would be interested to see what the active was.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this product for a few months now and also can say it definitely works. I wasn't sure initially, as I was looking for a replacement to the Jan Marini that I had previously got such good results with. After using it for a while now I'd say it's on par with the results I saw from using the original JM formula. I personally did get a darkened lashline from using the JM but so far haven't using the Enormous Lash.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
barley wrote:
Glad it worked for you mountaingirl!
Did you purschase it from their official site?

I can't remember where I got it. hmm

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
havana8

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, mountaingirl. Smile

Boski, here is the ingredient listing (third one down):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26723&highlight=lash
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Good to know about this eyelash enhancer product. Thanks for the review. I'll have to read up more on it.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Havana, thanks for finding that. I'm no chemist, so I don't know what in that list is actually the active, but I don't like all the parabens in this. I'm going to try out Dermaquest Dermalash next.
havana8

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Havana, thanks for finding that. I'm no chemist, so I don't know what in that list is actually the active, but I don't like all the parabens in this. I'm going to try out Dermaquest Dermalash next.

Oh good! I am interested in the DermaLash too so will be interested to hear how you make out with it.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Boski, which other eyelash conditioning and enhancing products have you tried before? How do you like them?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
boski wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Boski, which other eyelash conditioning and enhancing products have you tried before? How do you like them?

I've tried Talika, Mavala, Ardell, Revitalash, Jan Marini, Lamas Lash Masque.

Jan Marini and Revitalash worked really well until the glaucoma drug controversy. I'm steering clear of that stuff from now on. The other things didn't do much in the way of lengthening. Maybe conditioned my lashes, but that was it. So I'm hoping the Dermalash works out.

ETA: Forgot to say I've used Enormous Lash too of course. This worked seemingly as well as the JM and Revitalash, so I'm suspicious that it may have some type of glaucoma drug in it too, but I'm not sure.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I loved the old Revitalash formula, and couldn't believe how well it "delivered" but am not willing to spend that much on the new formula...so a while back (6 months ago??) I purchased Intuit's Enormous Lash. I used it once or twice then put it in the frig and forgot about it. Well about 3 weeks ago, I pulled it out and have since used it about 15 times. I can't believe it! It works! Honestly, you can't see the increased length until I put mascara on, then its, WOW~!! Although I think Revitalash (old formula) was even better, it also irritated my eyes more. Enormous Lash costs $95. Check out the before and after on Intuit's web site....Enormous lash gets a hearty endorsement from me!

Hi, mountaingirl, do you know what would happen if we stopped using it? return to the former length?
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody have any suggestions for making your lashes darker? I don't have an issue with length because I currently take MSM which helps a lot with that department...My issue has always been about the darkness factor...Sometimes I just don't feel like coating and coating with globs of mascara to get a darker tint...Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
my daughter is obsessed with getting longer lashes. but she can't afford anything like Revitalash. so she uses vaseline.
she says it works like a charm. she has more lashes and they have grown thicker and longer.
i heard castor oil works as well.
hope this helps Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Boski - how do you rate Talika?
It's the only one I've tried and thought it was pretty good.

As for making them darker the only way I know how is to get them tinted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Boski - how do you rate Talika?
It's the only one I've tried and thought it was pretty good.

As for making them darker the only way I know how is to get them tinted.

I think Talika made my lashes healthier maybe, not as brittle or fall out as fast. But it did not lengthen the way Revitalash, JM, and Enormous lash did. I have extremely straight, short, stubby eyelashes, so it was quite obvious with those 3 products.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Boski, thank you for your answer. I appreciate your input.

Have you experienced any lash loss with using any of the products you tried?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

Yes, with the 3 products that produced the best results Sad . I started losing lashes after like 6 months with JM and Revitalash. I would have gaps. The Enormous Lash I cut down the usage to once a week after I had reached a good length and my long lashes all dropped off again. Now, I have skimpy short lashes again, with some gaps on one side. It may be a normal cycle, but all the long lashes seemed to fall out at one time and it looks worse than when I started.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Yes, with the 3 products that produced the best results Sad . I started losing lashes after like 6 months with JM and Revitalash. I would have gaps. The Enormous Lash I cut down the usage to once a week after I had reached a good length and my long lashes all dropped off again. Now, I have skimpy short lashes again, with some gaps on one side. It may be a normal cycle, but all the long lashes seemed to fall out at one time and it looks worse than when I started.

Oh that doesn't sound good. How are you caring for your lashes now to help them grow back? Are you using anything at all?
havana8

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Me either, but here's a copy of a post from the HSN forum, Boski, that may shed some light on the active ingredient:

"Quoted from a segment about Enormous Lash on a local Fox news channel earlier this week...

Dermatologist Dr. Zoe Draelos wasn't as surprised with our results. She expected the product to work. "This liquid actually contains a substance that was used for the treatment of glaucoma. It was discovered that when glaucoma patients used this liquid to put in their eye and some of it got in their eyelashes, it actually grew eyelashes."

And because this cosmetic product contains a small amount of that drug, Dr. Draelos has a word of advice. "If you have eye problems and have an eye doctor, consult your doctor before you use a product like this long term. Don't use anything that's going to cause problems that could significantly affect your vision."

The active ingredient in Enormous Lash is actually 17 phenyl-13, 14-dihydro trinor PGF 2 (Alpha), Isopropyl Ether. That ingredient is latanoprost from the Caymen Chemical Company (17-phenyl-13,14-dihydro trinor Prostaglandin F2α isopropyl ester) Prostaglandin F2α is PGF 2 (Alpha) as listed on Enormous Lash's ingredient list.

Enormous Lash will grow our lashes. We need to be aware that we are using an anti-glaucoma drug along our lashline, albeit a small amount.

....Enormous Lash is using what they currently describe as a cosmetic grade of Latanoprost."

http://forums.hsn.com/hsn_postsm964_Enormous-Lash-who-broke-down-and-bought-it.aspx
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:20 am      Reply with quote
During the time I was using Revitalash, I had my yearly eye exam and asked my Opthamologist what the implications were to be using an eyelash growth product that had some Glaucoma medication in it. He did not think it would be a problem whatsoever. He said, we all have some pressure in our eyes, so the worst that could happen is, it would just lower some of that pressure. He was not alarmed or upset with me, but rather intrigued with the idea of their being lash enhancement products using that ingredient.

Also...the question was asked if you stop using Enormous Lash, will the growth stop or will they fall out. Yes, your eyelashes will likely revert to the way they were before you started using the product.... Though I think the contrast from having long lashes, to skimpy ones, will probably make it seem worse than it ever was. Rolling Eyes

boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
The active ingredient in Enormous Lash is actually 17 phenyl-13, 14-dihydro trinor PGF 2 (Alpha), Isopropyl Ether. That ingredient is latanoprost from the Caymen Chemical Company (17-phenyl-13,14-dihydro trinor Prostaglandin F2α isopropyl ester) Prostaglandin F2α is PGF 2 (Alpha) as listed on Enormous Lash's ingredient list.

Enormous Lash will grow our lashes. We need to be aware that we are using an anti-glaucoma drug along our lashline, albeit a small amount.

....Enormous Lash is using what they currently describe as a cosmetic grade of Latanoprost."

http://forums.hsn.com/hsn_postsm964_Enormous-Lash-who-broke-down-and-bought-it.aspx

Havana,

Thanks for finding that, confirms my suspicions. I'm been using Dermalash a couple weeks now. Nothing dramatic yet.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your responses, gives me plenty to think about before I place a future order.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Rapid Lash? Here's the link. Kathy Lee on the Today Show loves it. Sorry for the hyjack!

https://www.rapidlash.com/ver2/
firstaka

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |