Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is anyone here not using Vitamin C serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I don't use it. I wonder if there really is a big difference between using it or not.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I don't use it! I am not sure of it's benefits and how it would incorporate in everything else I use already. Just something else I would have to go on the hunt for to find a good one, like my hunt for a good cleanser continues (going on 25 years now)...so I don't see a need. Like everything else, mixed reviews: People love it- people hate it. I have a choice on this, I don't have a choice on a cleanser. I have to clean my skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am not using it! I have tried it but it just makes my dry skin problem so horrible! I have thought about using skinceuticals C&E Ferulic but have not tried it!
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am not using it. I've tried and tried to use it in the past - cellex c, IS Clinical, Skinceuticals...

They all made my skin red, dry and irritated.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using vitamin C serums for four years and find that it evens out skin tone and gives a healthy glow. To me, it gives cosmetic benefits as well as antioxidant protection.

I intend to continue using vitamin C serums and products with retinols/retinoids and perhaps niacinamide because these are some of the very few ingredients that actually have some scientific backing for their effectiveness.

My skin tolerates C serums very well. The only drawback is that I cannot apply l-ascorbic acid serum around my nose as it causes blackheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Not me, Ruk1. Over the years I've tried various brands and had not one positive experience. Most recently, the 302 Lightening which left my skin looking less than stellar on the second day after application. Cellex C was horribly drying and a home based C left me with blackheads in places I'd never experienced blackheads before, lovely. I may try the C Boost from 302 because it's less C than the Lightening. I probably should just hang it up because I use it primarily for the glow and that's not necessary with my current skincare line up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use La Roche Posay Active C recommended by my dermatologist for redness of the face. I used it for a few months but I don't see anything at all.

Those Vit. C serum is not cheap and since I don't see any improvement on my skin, I stopped using it now.

I wonder what exactly does it do to the skin in terms of immediate or long-term effect...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Vit C in the past, but they didn't really do anything major for me. I stopped when I began using CPs as they used to cancel each other out, but I understand now that the newer one doesn't do that and many people use it together.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love my vitamin C serum. It's very good for evening out pigmentation, helps prevent sun damage, and promotes skin health. The irritation and lack of results that some people get may be a due to the form of C used, namely ascorbic C, which is an acid form used in many C serums. I have been using a non-acid form in the 302 C boost and lightening drops. They use the tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate form of vitamin C.

Here is a very interesting link about the benefits of tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate over ascorbic C with before/afters. This is not a 302 site.

http://lotioncrafter.com/pdf/BVOSC.Dossier.pdf
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like I'm not alone. I can't use vitamin c serum either. It made my face red and I had more breakouts.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not using it, but my 100% pure products that high concentration of oil soluble vitamin C. In the future I think I may move towards at least trying it.
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I can't use l-ascorbic acid - gives me blackheads and clogged pores. I've successfully used Triple C Serum from skincarecentral.biz which has 3 forms of C - none of which are l-ascorbic. I can't say whether it's done anything for me or not after 5 months of fairly regular use...I guesss I've felt compelled to use it more for the claimed benefits.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I love my vitamin C serum. It's very good for evening out pigmentation, helps prevent sun damage, and promotes skin health. The irritation and lack of results that some people get may be a due to the form of C used, namely ascorbic C, which is an acid form used in many C serums. I have been using a non-acid form in the 302 C boost and lightening drops. They use the tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate form of vitamin C.

Here is a very interesting link about the benefits of tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate over ascorbic C with before/afters. This is not a 302 site.

Boski, that was a great article...I started using the 302 Lightening Drops because I liked the non-acid concept and knew that tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate was more stable, but I had no idea that tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate outperformed ascorbic C. Thanks for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that article! That's pretty much what I've been saying- oil soluble vitamin C is way way better than water soluble vitamin C!

boski wrote:

boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I like the very detailed and scientific nature of this report. I must thank Januarui for sending it to me. I never realized how beneficial it was for UVA/UVB protection. Maybe that is why I haven't gotten sun damage even though I don't wear liquid sunscreen on a daily basis and hardly any MMU. I also noticed that it's very good for collagen synthesis, so post dermarolling with C Boost may help with wrinkles as well. Better than vitamin A IMO because of the increased risk of sensitivity and sun damage with retin-A and retinols.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Here is another article about the benefits of Vitamin C. As you read this, you will understand why alot of C serums on the market do not work or irritate. The stability of the formula makes a big difference to its effectiveness. There is much scientific research backing up the collagen synthesis and pigment reducing qualities of C.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/vitc.html
magicweaver

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]
boski wrote:

Boski, that was a great article...I started using the 302 Lightening Drops because I liked the non-acid concept and knew that tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate was more stable, but I had no idea that tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate outperformed ascorbic C. Thanks for sharing.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:

i dont use vitamin c...

my first try was some years ago with ole henriksens "truth serum", which contains "10% vitamin c complex", but i didnt see any improvement...

then i tried some pharmacy product, containing "ascorbic acid"... after just one application my face is red all over...

thanks for informtion, i was not aware, that there are such differences with the ingredients... (however, maybe i will rather try it as a supplement...)
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
vitamin c serums break me out Sad
i use a lot of asian skincare products that claim to have vit c in them that dont break me out, but for some reason the straight serums always cause painful cystic acne Sad
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:

Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is also found in the vitamin C products by Benev, sold on EDS. On the ingredients list it's said that Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is the oil soluble form of ascorbic acid.

L-ascorbic acid is known to cause blackheads with quite a few people. I would like to know if this oil soluble form is less likely to cause blackheads - if anybody has got an idea about that.

(The vitamin C derivatives SAP and MAP are less likely to clog pores than l-ascorbic acid).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is also found in the vitamin C products by Benev, sold on EDS. On the ingredients list it's said that Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is the oil soluble form of ascorbic acid.

L-ascorbic acid is known to cause blackheads with quite a few people. I would like to know if this oil soluble form is less likely to cause blackheads - if anybody has got an idea about that.

(The vitamin C derivatives SAP and MAP are less likely to clog pores than l-ascorbic acid).

Septembergirl, Rita Page from ProLight who is a CIDESCO Diplomat, specifically recommended that I get an oil-soluble form of Vit C for best results when she did my recommended skincare program, and she knew that I had a very oily t-zone and was prone to breakouts, etc.

I have personally not had any problems with blackheads since using the products.

BTW, for those that don't know what a CIDESCO Diplomat is (like me, lol)...I just looked it up:

Quote:
Why C.I.D.E.S.C.O. ?

The CIDESCO diploma is recognized as the most advanced certification in the field of Esthetics and Beauty Therapy in the world. Those who have achieved this standard are indeed valuable as they have the ability to not only analyze the skin but the body as well. The skin is a reflection of the state of the body as well as lifestyle and diet.

A CIDESCO diplomat has the ability to diagnose skin problems based on training in Anatomy and Physiology. Another important element of the training is in the chemicals and product content, and how best to treat a skin condition.

A versatile professional

Because of the variety of skills attained in body massage, manicure, pedicure, lymphatic drainage, skin and body analysis, a CIDESCO diplomat can act as a client consultant and perform a variety of services that normally require individuals for each service. Other components of CIDESCO Discipline includes: machine treatment including faradic, galvanic, vacuum suction, vibratory, G5, or similar, eyelash and eyebrow tinting, exfoliation, body analysis, microdermabrasion, day make-up and the full body massage.

Other electives include: Shiatsu, Aromatherapy, Essential Oils, Camouflage Make Up, Aromatherapy.
http://www.cidescoexam.com/index_files/Page393.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a number of Vitamin C serums - Vivier, Cellex, AlphaDerma, PSF -- all of them were problematic for me. More blackheads in places I never used to get them and extreme dryness. What's the point of a supposed long term benefit when on a daily basis one's skin looks so bad? I don't use C at the moment, but wonder if any of the other brands would be worth a try. I hate to put my skin through all that again and again...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't gotten blackheads from oil soluble vitamin C.

Septembergirl wrote:
boski wrote:

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
What kind(product name) of C did Rita suggest for you.
Toby
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Bethany,
What kind(product name) of C did Rita suggest for you.
Toby

Toby, she did not give a specific product brand...just that it should be oil soluble to be most effective.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |