Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
First time travelling...give any tips/comments etc?? ***
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
so yea i been thinking about travelling to europe when i finish my studies. Its not something definate but i do feel strongly about this idea lol i beeen thinking of doing this for a 2-3 years now and recently i been thinking constantly even sometimes i dream about it Laughing

the only thing stopping me would be my family. They are quite the protective strict type. I havnt even told them about me wanting to travel lol they would think im nuts first of all and secondly say a big NO. I think travelling alone or with friends is altogether a different experience and quite an independent feeling then travelling with family i.e. parents.

the cons-i think of is i have never travelled before so i dont no anything other then what i research. something bad could happen to me lolz. and so forth.

the pros-what a wonderful experience it would be and to broaden ones mind and perspective about life in general.

i would be willing to take a friend but if they are busy with work at the time being i am very up to just going alone. The biggest barrier i have is telling my family that i wana do this. sometimes i think i should just up and leave and tell them when im at the airport Laughing thats the only solution for me to get out with my head and body in one piece and in tact and enjoy my experience. In this moment nothing else comes to mind.

so anyway people might think im crazy lol but im at a point in my life where i just want to experience new things before i start my career.

also any ideas on if i do do this should i book tickets etc myself? (i.e cheaper and you are bound to save heaps) or go to a travel agent and do it?

i study in IT so i think through doing research i would be quite capable of doing the bookings online myself as i have also a number of times my friends have done it themselves they travel quite alot. Gosh how at those times i think i wish i was travelling too Rolling Eyes

Anyway through people iv also heard that if you are travelling first time better to get your tickets and bookings etc through a travel agent? M so confused.

I am one of those types of people who always thinks about the pros and cons and cant make my mind up lol then i have a sudden impulse and just do it kinda like impulse shopping. With Travelling im thinking the same to go or not go lol and this has been going on for quite a while if not years lol Laughing SO the impulsive action here would be of course to book those tickets lol then lol i have no excuse il go

well this does make me feel better somewhat to at least let out my thoughts here hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
simran, things to consider:
do you have a passport?
have you traveled with your family before?
where do you belong really (I take it not Italy)?
where do you plan on going?
I would suggest reading up on the place you are going to, so you know what to expect. It's easy booking online really. In high season you'd better have a place to stay reserved.
Maybe you could do a trial run by train to a neighboring country/big city and see how it goes, like for 3-4 days.
There's also a website for women traveling alone, called something like journeywoman (I'm not on my regular computer, so don't have all my sites on here). It has useful info and you can actually meet other women to travel with. I read it, but I haven't used that part of it.
Having had the strictest of parents, I sure can relate. I took the easy escape route from them--I got married at 20. Sort of regretted it ever since. Think you should go on your trip and show them you are an adult.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
simran,

Research up on places you are interested. Luckily with the internet, you can find out a lot.

Where are you located? As you are a student, is there a student travel agency near you? Check with your school. I remember when I was a college student and there were so many special student discounts, etc. available. I would definitely talk to at least one travel agent - especially since you've never travelled before.

Now, I think it would be even easier to find out about things with the internet.

Get started on the passport process as it takes longer these days...

Check some websites out likewww.lonelyplanet.com
Also Google student travel sites...like www.statravel.com

existential lady gave you some good suggestions too. Check out the women sites and also travelling alone sites, etc.

Have fun! You'll learn a lot about the world and yourself!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your tips ladies.

yep i already have a passport. emigrated here 10 years ago. so thats sorted with the passport

i am in new zealand not in italy and one of the places that i really wana see is italy lolz Very Happy

i have not travelled with my family. well we travelled here from my home country but i was like 10 or something then when they were checking out new zealand as an option to emigrate. Since then i have travelled back home when i was 14 with a family friend and stayed with relatives. but i dont call this two events as any form of travelling Laughing

and yep there is even a travel agency place at my uni lol but i heard they charge alot and rip students but could be all talk i mean hearing and actually experiencing is two different things so maybe il go have a talk to them when i finally do decide and be in that impulsive mood.

but for now il definatly check out those websites you both have mentioned and keep doing my research.

theres even 1-2 persons i wana meet in italy lol of course i met them through the net but well see how things go.

and you are sooo right about showing them im an adult but no matter what i do they still treat me as a kid...........i just think if i do decide to do this travelling thing im gonna be disowned or something n named the rebel kid in the family yikes... lol

i just think life is there full of opportunities and you must grab it when it gives them to you else you live to regret it! Anxious

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
simran, I know exactly how you feel about strict parents. When I told my parents that I was planning to go Africa over the summer of my 5th year of university (aged 22), they were NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL, but, I worked like a dog and got there. I went to a travel agent and had everything booked through them - I still only use travel agents as I like to have everything pre-booked and guaranteed and my travel agent is a SUPERSTAR - I even rang her from NZ when I couldn't find my tour operator for a tour i was going on in a couple of days' time and she sorted it out for me. Whilst in Africa, I made the best friends in the whole world - 5 of which are Canadian and we went to visit them last Christmas after 18 years!!! Our Tanzanian friend whom we haven't seen for 18 years also is coming to exhibit in Oz! Very exciting. I have only ever been to Prague and Copenhagen in Europe - both times I used the DK Eyewitness guidebooks, fabulous.
When we travel overseas now (with my husband and 2 children and also when I travel alone which is rarely nowadays), we log on to the aust govt website to lodge our travel plans and we also make sure we get travel insurance - make sure you have a debit card with cirrus or maestro so that you don't get charged bucket loads of bank fees when you withdraw money (you will if you only use your credit card overseas), make sure all your shots are up to date and most of all - GO! Life is too short to put it off, I recently attended the funeral of a friend who was only 48 - she too loved to travel and straight after her chemo she went on a big, whirlwind european family holiday, 4 months later, she passed on - imagine if she had put that off? They had the time of their lives, her kids and husband have great memories of their last holiday together and she had a fantastic time.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |