Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Who else here is trying to combat loose skin on stomach?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
After reading a few threads, it seems that there may be a few of us here who are trying to improve the loose skin on stomach either due to pregnancies, rapid fat loss, or stretchmarks.

Let's share what you have tried and what works and what doesn't.

I have tried Strivection SD and it did not work on the stretchmarks.

I have not tried anything to fight loose skin but am considering the Vaculifter and derma roller.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ruk1, I don't have loose skin myself but I think exercising to tone the abs there is more important & effective compared to what you use. I heard Clarins is good for toning. I'm sure there're other suggestions from others too. If you can do a combination of both, I think you'll definitely see results.
havana8

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wouldn't dry brushing help with that?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Wouldn't dry brushing help with that?

How does it help?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Hi ruk1, I don't have loose skin myself but I think exercising to tone the abs there is more important & effective compared to what you use. I heard Clarins is good for toning. I'm sure there're other suggestions from others too. If you can do a combination of both, I think you'll definitely see results.

Exercise did not work for me to tone loose stomach skin.

Gave birth to 2 kids, gained 45, 50 pounds each. I exercise all my life (will be 49 in 20 days). Exercise at least 5 days a week. I do yoga, cardio, weight lifting but none of them helped. I have 4 packs but when I bend forward I see a big chunk of whatever you want to call it hanging. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad Mad

I think loose stomach skin is the most difficult part to tone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
When I was at my derms last week having a facial they were recommending Thermage to treat loose skin on the stomach. Don't know if it works, but at 1200.00 per one time treatment it's a risky "what if".

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
This is the one part of my body that frustrates me to no end. Darn loose skin! After giving birth, my stomach returned to basically normal, but I was in my 20s. I gained 40 pounds over the last l0 years and now that I've almost lost it all, I have loose skin on my tummy.
I've been dry brushing during the weight loss, did a 6 week round of derma rolling,CPs, eat well, sit ups, weight training, but still loose skin.

I refuse to give up, though, and will try another 6 weeks of skin needling in a couple of months. Keep in mind that I'm in my 50s, and have lost the skin elasticity that I had in my 20s. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
This is the one part of my body that frustrates me to no end. Darn loose skin! After giving birth, my stomach returned to basically normal, but I was in my 20s. I gained 40 pounds over the last l0 years and now that I've almost lost it all, I have loose skin on my tummy.
I've been dry brushing during the weight loss, did a 6 week round of derma rolling,CPs, eat well, sit ups, weight training, but still loose skin.

I refuse to give up, though, and will try another 6 weeks of skin needling in a couple of months. Keep in mind that I'm in my 50s, and have lost the skin elasticity that I had in my 20s. Sad

I know this thread is about loose skin BUT I'M DESPERATE TO KNOW HOW YOU LOSS THE WEIGHT!! I am 49yo and struggle to lose weight. I exercise (daily walking for 30 min 5x/week & do resistance or weights 15 min 3x/week); nothing is going anywhere? In fact, lately I feel even thicker around the middle! I eat relatively healthy but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any tips you can share would be so appreciated! Thanks!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Blesstd. If you're exercising regularly and watching what you eat, there might be a health reason for your weight problem. Hypothyroidism is one of the most common causes for weight problems in women who are over 35. A simple blood test can reveal if this is the cause. Also, some medications cause weight gain. Check the side effects of all medications and supplements. A doctor visit for a checkup might be in order. Good luck!

blesstd wrote:

I know this thread is about loose skin BUT I'M DESPERATE TO KNOW HOW YOU LOSS THE WEIGHT!! I am 49yo and struggle to lose weight. I exercise (daily walking for 30 min 5x/week & do resistance or weights 15 min 3x/week); nothing is going anywhere? In fact, lately I feel even thicker around the middle! I eat relatively healthy but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any tips you can share would be so appreciated! Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Blesstd:

I think you need more cardio exercise. Eating healthy does not mean you did not "over" eat. At our age everything put in our mouth counts. Check how much you eat every day. I used to eat 3 scoops of oat meal every moring and now I cut down to 1, 8 oz of brown rice for lunch, cut down to 4 oz. I lost 2 pounds after 1 month.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Blesstd,
First of all, losing weight after the age of 50 was a whole lot harder than losing it in my 20s and 30s. It's taken me 2 years to lose 35 lbs. I still would like to lose another 20, so I'll give it a year or so.

I absolutely have to do cardio at least 5 days a week. 30 min. a day. I also do weight training 3 x a week because muscle burns more fat. I eat 1200-1300 calories a day. That's it. Nothing complicated.

Even though I lost the weight slowly, my stomach skin is loose, so I'm not thrilled about it, but let's face it, I'm healthier and look a lot better (well fully dressed anyways)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, there's no denying it gets tougher to lose weight as we get older. I did get my thyroid checked - was sort of hoping it was that so it would at least explain things - but the tests came back normal. I, too, easily loss weight in my 20's; in fact, at one time had a hard time keeping weight on and was "forced" to have a chocolate milk shake daily. Rolling Eyes I bet I'm overeating or the flip side of that would be not exercising enough to offset the calories. This is just not fun.

Sorry to whine, and thank you for responding. Now back to the business of loose stomach skin.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
i have this kind of problem either.
but worsely the skin on my stomach is hard and i try to let them loose and then i could think about to get rid of them through losing weight.
i hate the skin around my stomach.
i am just 26 yr and i even hasn't give baby birth. so what would my figure be in the near future?
horrible Crying or Very sad
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Blesstd:

Eating healthy does not mean you did not "over" eat. At our age everything put in our mouth counts. Check how much you eat every day. I used to eat 3 scoops of oat meal every moring and now I cut down to 1, 8 oz of brown rice for lunch, cut down to 4 oz. I lost 2 pounds after 1 month.

MaCrisis, when you cut back like that, presumably you were still hungry? What did you do about that?

And, if we keep cutting back on the quantities we eat, wont we have to eat miniscule portions FOR EVER, because our body just gets trained to live on very little?

I freak out about cutting back on food, and never being able to return to 'normal' portions. Do you think you just get used to eating less, and that previously normal portions come to seem too large?

And how about fatigue? Does eating less make you tired?!

Ok .. too many questions, and OT to boot.

Cool
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Just chiming in on the fat loss portion of this thread. I believe diet is 80-90% of fat loss. Exercise is great for health, and everyone needs to exercise for their heart, lungs, and other muscles, but I don't believe exercise makes a huge difference in fat loss. I think people need to watch their portion sizes. Example, if you eat cereal for breakfast, how much are you eating? Check what the serving size is listed on the box. Most people double or triple the serving size of what they eat. Just my 2 cents! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Just chiming in on the fat loss portion of this thread. I believe diet is 80-90% of fat loss. Exercise is great for health, and everyone needs to exercise for their heart, lungs, and other muscles, but I don't believe exercise makes a huge difference in fat loss. I think people need to watch their portion sizes. Example, if you eat cereal for breakfast, how much are you eating? Check what the serving size is listed on the box. Most people double or triple the serving size of what they eat. Just my 2 cents! Very Happy

Genetics plays a large roll as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree that genetics plays a large part. My whole family (women) store our fat in our gut. We all have pooches, no matter how skinny we are or are not!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Genetics plays a large roll as well.

Pun intended?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Sorry..couldn't resist. Now back to the topic!)
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your input on this topic.

I haven't heard of anyone using any topical or oil on the loose skin. Is this because it won't help?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I agree that exercise is good for general good health, but fat loss has to be a combination of reduced fat healthy diet AND exercise.

According to Bluesheart, who was kind enough to answer my question previously about doing 15-min exercises two times a day vs 30-min exercise once a day, she said the 30-min is better for fat loss, but 15-min twice is better than nothing. I have been adhering to this to try to lose some fat around my middle section.

Also, Sean was very kind to let me know that drybrushing should really help. I am going to start doing this daily to see if it would help.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
Yes, there's no denying it gets tougher to lose weight as we get older. I did get my thyroid checked - was sort of hoping it was that so it would at least explain things - but the tests came back normal. I, too, easily loss weight in my 20's; in fact, at one time had a hard time keeping weight on and was "forced" to have a chocolate milk shake daily. Rolling Eyes I bet I'm overeating or the flip side of that would be not exercising enough to offset the calories. This is just not fun.

Sorry to whine, and thank you for responding. Now back to the business of loose stomach skin.

I just want to say that you have my moral support. It is very difficult to lose weight as we get older. I am struggling with it myself. It appears ocne the fat deposits itself on your body it will fight to its death before going away.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I agree that exercise is good for general good health, but fat loss has to be a combination of reduced fat healthy diet AND exercise.

According to Bluesheart, who was kind enough to answer my question previously about doing 15-min exercises two times a day vs 30-min exercise once a day, she said the 30-min is better for fat loss, but 15-min twice is better than nothing. I have been adhering to this to try to lose some fat around my middle section.

Also, Sean was very kind to let me know that drybrushing should really help. I am going to start doing this daily to see if it would help.

Please come back and let us know if it worked. I also have loose skin due to pregnancy and I would LOVE to tone it up some...Do I have to order a brush if I decide to dry brush or can I buy one locally..thanks
Lou
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with that ruk. I think you can lose body fat without exercise. It all comes down to the "calories in versus calories out". One doesn't burn a ton of calories with exercise unless you are a professional athlete or are exercising for hours each day. Don't get me wrong, I think exercise is important for health, muscle strength, etc. But, my MHO that it is not necessary to exercise to lose body fat.

Regardless of my opinion, good luck to you and please update your progress! Very Happy
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
so did anyone find out about the loose skin and stretch marks? I just started derma rolling with the 1.0. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and not seeing any improvement. am i doing something wrong? am i missing a step? someone posted that you should draw blood when you are rolling. but other ppl say you shouldn't. help me out here. plz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to post your question on the dermaroll thread, Ella's mommy. I would think it would take a lot longer than 3 weeks to see any improvement, though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |