Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best mascara?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I wear mascara everyday, but my eye is quite oily that always melt the mascara.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
hmm you should try a waterproof mascara.

if you're going for something cheap, i recommend CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara.
my friend uses it and it lasts through anything.
it doesn't smear or wash off even when she swims.
its also very natural looking.
maybe you should use one of those oil-absorbing sheets. you can buy them at any drugstore.
they instantly wipe off any excess oil.
Smile
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
thx....I am using mabelline waterproof mascara, but still smear easily.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin around the eye area too. I use Japanese "tube" mascaras, but also Euro brands like Kevyn Aucoin make them. They rinse clean in warm water.

Some good Japanese brands
Imju Fibre Wig (available in US)
SHu Uemura basic mascara (available in US)
Majolica Majorca lash expander (drugstore but very popular)
Elegance Paris range of mascaras
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Try using Urban Decay's Primer Potion on your eyelids and just under your lower lash line. This is the very best oil control primer for eyes that I have ever used. Just a very small dap does the trick and it lasts ALL day. After adding this primer to my routine, I can use just about any mascara without the 'Melting Issue' occurring.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
For me, I guess powdering slightly below the eye areas help with mascara smudging.

Also, another forum member mentioned Colorscience mascara saying that it doesn't smudge and washes off easily with just soap & water.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I love Lancome, but abit pricey
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
yobi wrote:
I love Lancome, but abit pricey

I tried Lancome before but it still smudges a bit....hhm maybe it's just me
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
It's not just you cause I get smudging too and it can be very embarassing when someone point it out Embarassed

I have tried quite a few drugstore brands and nothing worked for me including the waterproof types. Right now I am using Clinique only becuase I got it free when I purchased some products. It is ok, but I would never pay $20 or more for it.

When I know I am going to be working around water and humid areas for a while, I go get my lashes tinted - way easier!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Water proof Dior show mascara works well.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I like Blinc Kiss me mascara
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/kiss-me-mascara-p_3015.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Lauren Hutton's mascara. I got it free with her FaceDisk. Not clumpy at all and doesn't get under my eyes. (I have oily skin, too).
I tried to order today but it is sold out in black. Sad
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried zillions of mascaras and Diorshow is the best. Makes your lashes thicker and longer (if that's what you are looking for.) Check it out. Wins the Allure and InStyle awards. Best seller at Sephora, etc. I have oily eyelids. no problems.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
too faced lash injection is good
partemi
5% products discount

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
l'oreal voluminous. waterproof. hands down.
Artic_Mama
5% products discount

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
For the longest time the old standby Maybelline Great Lash waterproof was great for me - but I hadn't realized how it actually smudged. Now I use Aromaleigh's Indelible Lash Mascara... it isn't clumpy AT ALL and has stayed in heavy rain and humidity. VICTORY!

Oh, and it's on sale at 25% off this week if anyone wants to try it Smile

http://www.aromaleigh.com/inlawama.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Makeup Forever's Aqua liner and waterproof mascara are great down here in the hot Texas sun. The liner lasts until you take it off and the mascara has no clump and a great brush. If my eye cream is too thick or too close it will make it smudge, so I have to be careful about that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Giorgio Armani Maestro for the past 2 years. This mascara is excellent and I haven't really had any big problems with smudging Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |