Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Question - which eyeshadow would you suggest?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I was thinking I should spice up my make-up routine a smidge...my mother-in-law is holding a summer afternoon party for us. The other day I noticed a woman whom had on a lovely shimmering eyeshadow...it was so subtle and pretty, I found myself thinking I would like to try something like that to 'dress up' my make-up for the party a little bit.

I am in my 30's, blonde, blue eyes, and very fair - normally use only mineral make-up, blush and some lipstick or gloss. I was going to purchase NARS Albatross to dust over my blush etc. based on the reviews it has received on this forum.

Can I use Albatross on my eyes as well? Is there any other eye shadow you would recommend to add some subtle shimmer? I would like to keep things simple and summery and am looking for 1 eyeshadow color to purchase (and not get into the crease, lid, and contouring colors the make-up counter ladies always seem to want to do) Do you have any suggestions or favourites you always reach for?
Thank you!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Myamax.
I am never able to please my mother-in-law 100 per cent, although I try my best wearing Chanel eyeshadows.

I have been loyal to this brand for 15 years. The eyeshadow stays in place throughout the whole day without ever smudging or creasing, and the colour doesn't fade significantly. I like the fact that many of the colours are somehow indeterminable, and I prefer the natural shades of beige/brown/pink with subtle, almost invisible shimmer to my blue eyes and dark blonde hair.

I have tried different brands inbetween, but keep coming back to Chanel. Their powder eyeshadows last forever. Just call me conservative. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
Hello! I was thinking I should spice up my make-up routine a smidge...my mother-in-law is holding a summer afternoon party for us. The other day I noticed a woman whom had on a lovely shimmering eyeshadow...it was so subtle and pretty, I found myself thinking I would like to try something like that to 'dress up' my make-up for the party a little bit.

I am in my 30's, blonde, blue eyes, and very fair - normally use only mineral make-up, blush and some lipstick or gloss. I was going to purchase NARS Albatross to dust over my blush etc. based on the reviews it has received on this forum.

Can I use Albatross on my eyes as well? Is there any other eye shadow you would recommend to add some subtle shimmer? I would like to keep things simple and summery and am looking for 1 eyeshadow color to purchase (and not get into the crease, lid, and contouring colors the make-up counter ladies always seem to want to do) Do you have any suggestions or favourites you always reach for?
Thank you!

Myamax,
The Albatross may be a wee bit light for the lids but since you're fair it may work for you. I use a cream eye shadow that is a a slightly shimmery taupish/copperish color. It's number 6 by IQ. Love it. It goes with everything. I'm brunette with blue eyes and it makes the blue eyes pop. I do use a little of the albratross on my brows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've used albatross in the (inside) corners of my eyes. Very pretty. Use lightly.
may2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
MAC have many kinds of eyeshadow, anyway you can find a color suit to you.I like the Warm Chill,it is sea foam green with shimmer.
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite everyday shadow is Urban Decay's Sin. It's a pinky, shimmery champagne color that I can use alone as a wash all over my lids or with almost any deeper color in the crease.

It's a really high-quality, long-lasting shadow.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I find NARS shadows to last longer on my eyelids than MAC. As well you only need very little. The albatross will look really nice on you since you are fair. But if you want your blue eyes to pop- try a light brown/beige, light copper or golden shimmery shadow. For your fair skin I would recommend NARS eyeshadow duo in stage beauty or windstar. Check out the NARS website to get a better idea of the colors.

http://www.narscosmetics.com/
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest Bobbi Brown,its creamy eyeshadow can give you a subtle shimmer look. I have one which is called" Sandy Gold"
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
i don't use eyeshadow. For the last two years i've been using Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips bronzer in Vegas strip- daytime,
Sunset strip- Evening and Waikiki strip- anytime i need a change....

i just swirl a wide eyeshadow brush through all the shades and apply all over my lid, avoiding right under the brow bone. I blur the edge a bit using my mineral foundation to have it blend into a seamless look. I always have compliments on my eyeshadow because it looks different in different lights but i never have to worry about blending or contouring.

Here's a link: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/face/bronzers/02455.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
i don't use eyeshadow. For the last two years i've been using Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips bronzer in Vegas strip- daytime,
Sunset strip- Evening and Waikiki strip- anytime i need a change....

i just swirl a wide eyeshadow brush through all the shades and apply all over my lid, avoiding right under the brow bone. I blur the edge a bit using my mineral foundation to have it blend into a seamless look. I always have compliments on my eyeshadow because it looks different in different lights but i never have to worry about blending or contouring.

Here's a link: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/face/bronzers/02455.html

Rosy,

It is shiny or really glittery looking? I tend to go for more matte shadows. Colors are pretty though.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
they do have a definite shimmer to them. What i've done when i thought it was a little too much, was to take my MMU brush and brush a teensy bit of MMU foundation over the top to tone it down... worked well in my opinion and still had the nice colours.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
they do have a definite shimmer to them. What i've done when i thought it was a little too much, was to take my MMU brush and brush a teensy bit of MMU foundation over the top to tone it down... worked well in my opinion and still had the nice colours.

Thanks, I might try the darker shades.

I love my LORAC Croc Palette (bought 4 so far in the last 3 years maybe). Lasts for a long time and blends well. There are 4 shadows (3 soft shimmers and 1 matte), and a blush.

http://www.amazon.com/LORAC-Croc-Palette/dp/B000AGNPJ2
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
If you're an MMU fan and you're not sure what color you'll like, you could always try Everyday Minerals. I just got some eyeshadows from them along with some new shades of MMU. I think the lasting power is at least average (I'm at 7 hours right now and the eyeshadow is still there -- though this isn't something I usually think about). What I like best is all the colors to play with! While it's hard to pick things out online (I think you can find other threads with descriptions of colors), the sample sizes are only $2.50 each and they come in these cute little jars that have plenty of makeup in them (at least enough for a month or more, I would guess). You can also try 10 eyeshadows for $17. I like "Diary" right now -- sparkly light lilac, fun for going out.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |