Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: on: "Cellcosmet Gentle Cream Cleanser"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
lin23 I just tried this cleanser for the first time yesterday and I am uncertain about it. One the one hand it is a very nice cleanser. It has a slight cooling sensation when applied, can be easily massaged into the skin and is completly rinsed off with no residue (I use a muslin cloth to remove and then rinse). After using it my skin felt soft and thouroughly clean but not at all dry. So I love this cleanser but..... I am not sure that it is compatible with my sensitive skin! My skin for some reason that I am still trying to figure out has been very sensitive the past several days and has been easily irritated by just about everything that I put on it. I am hoping that the only reason that my skin felt irritated by this cleanser is that it is going through a sensitive phase because of something else. I use the Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser in the evening and that does not irritate my skin at all. I think this is a great cleanser (of course I would need to use it more to really tell) and I would hate not to be able to use it because of my sensitive skin. I will try it again when my skin calms down and see how it goes. If it doesn't work for me then I will return to using the Yonka Cream Cleanser which I also love . I did the math yesterday and for the quantity that you get the Yonka is almost as expensive as the Cellcosmet!

I also think that I could open a shop with the amount of cleansers that I have. Off the top of my head I count 10!!! Shock Shock How many do you have?

My skin has been doing very good lately and I decided to give this cleanser another try. Unfortunatly it irritates my skin. I know that it is the cleanser this time because I haven't changed anything else in my routine for weeks now. I tried it for three mornings and my skin just keeps getting more irritated. It is causing my C serum to sting which it does not normally do, my face feels tight (not overdried tight but just uncomfortable), yesterday I started getting some itching and today my skin actually feels irritated. This is a lovely cleanser and smells fantastic. Despite having no added fragrance added it has a very light scent that is very pleasant. It is too bad it will not work for me. Oddly enough last month when I tried this it irritated my skin but I felt like it cleansed thouroughly without overdrying. Yet this time when I used it I almost felt like my skin was overdried. I say almost because it was very subtle. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I have not used many cream cleansers to compare this too but I think I prefer how the Yonka Cream Cleanser leaves my face feeling right after I cleanse. In fact since the Cellcosmet is not going to work for me, I think that the Yonka is heading towards HG morning cleanser status!!

If anyone is interested I can give you the Celcosmet Cleanser as long as you are willing to pay shipping cost. I have only used it 6 times, although I will admit that I am not stingy with how much cleanser I use! PM me if interested.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed oops wrong button
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
For those of you interested, someone has already taken up my offer for the cleanser. Thanks.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the "final" report Theresa.
I'm still looking for the HG cleanser - but probably i better use up those i have at home at the moment. actually i quite like the "grumpy cow" from Cowshead (and don't like the Calmia) and should come back with a review soon.
Is there anybody using the Spiezia cleanser ?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Was my review on this cleanser deleted? I don't see it in here anymore. Confused
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare,
Your review is on the following thread.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4571&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cellcosmet+cream+cleanser&start=25
I guess it gets confusing when there are several reviews of the same product!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
oh yeah lol
It sure does but it really shows how popular this product is! Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I confess I've been using this grossly overpriced product for two or three weeks now since Theresa sent it to me (thanks Very Happy) and I'm quite annoyed because it suits me very well indeed.

In the past couple of years I've been using; Avene's "Extremely Gentle no rinse cleanser" which is too gentle to clean - Avene's Gentle Milk Cleanser - a heavy residue, Janson Beckett's Organic Cleansing Milk which I liked enough to re-use but then developed a thing about the film formers in all their products, PSF's Green Tea - cloggy on the nose and heavy on the undereyes, Diana Yvonne's Rose Hip Seed Cleanser - the most horrid, feels like soap to me.

What I'm looking for in a cleanser is something quiet. There's no WOW factor. It cleans my normal/dry face without making it feel dry nor leaving a residue. I don't need something extra on my summer nose (before I was resorting to samples of Cellcosmet gel) and it doesn't feel like it's weighing down the thin undereye area.

My only quibble is that it doesn't get off all of my Avene SS, but then that adhere's so strongly I think you need an oil cleanser first and I'm only using it for severe UV exposure days.

I'll be really grumpy when this runs out because I can't really afford it, maybe the Grumpy Cow will suit me then - is that similar?

Molly Cool
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I loved your review. You compared it to other products and that is good. It helped me figure out if I was on the right track.

I love Cellcosment cream cleanser also and I find it to be an upgrade compared to Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin. Both does the same job but Cellcosmet did feel more of a luxury and not because of the price.

What is Avene SS?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skincare.
SS = sunscreen
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
lol ok, thanks Smile
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to bring this review back up since I've tried a ton of samples of this cleanser and I love it. Finally going to buy a full size tube. My skin has been quite dry of late and the Cellcosmet Cleanser has been great to use, even when my skin returns to it's normal state.
I've tried other cream cleansers before which have either been too heavy for my skin or ended up drying it out even more, but the Cellcosmet one is perfect, a balance between the two. It doesn't seem as effective at removing makeup as other cleansers I've used, or the Cellcosmet Purifying Gel, but apart from that it's a near perfect cleanser!
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I think it depends on the Country.

agree... Idea
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have a trial/sample of this somewhere in my collection, I must get around to trying it especially with the colder weather coming up & all my skin gets really dry & irritated.

Thanks for the review! Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I'll be really grumpy when this runs out because I can't really afford it, maybe the Grumpy Cow will suit me then - is that similar?

Molly Cool

It did run out and I'm not grumpy Smile Bought a replacement with my last EDS winnings and am still a very satisfied user.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |