Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
Ok so have read the whole thread and it is defo being purchased!

Toby are you able to say which company sold the tac gel - Win are selling a gel for £6 called a tens revive gel but not sure if it will be as good as the Tac gel

And any UK girlies bought the industrial batteries in the UK?

The photos earlier in the thread are fantastic - my current brow is very similar to the before picture so am hoping i can achieve something similar to the after pic

I spent an hour today looking at all the stores online who sell this item to see who is the cheapest (yes, I know I probably could have spent my time someway better lol...but I like to save a penny whenever I can)

So these are the two stores I found with the best deals for the 50 gram tube.

http://mspexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17

This store sells it for $5.00 plus $8.95 for shipping. For a total of $13.95

http://www.balegoonline.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=228

This is the store Bethany mentioned above. They sell it for $7.95 plus $5.73 for shipping. For a total of $13.68.

The one thing I noticed is with the first store if you order two the shipping stays the same so the total would be $5x2= $10.00 + $8.95 for a total of $18.95 making each bottle only $9.47

With the second store if you buy two the shipping does increase. The total would be $7.95x2= 15.90+$6.41 shipping for a total of 22.31 making each bottle $11.15.

So if you just want one bottle then one company is cheaper if you want two then the other company is cheaper.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Brow lifting wasn't a concern of mine. I haven't noticed any lifting, but I didn't really need any. I bought the Safetox expecting it to replace botox. It hasn't, but it has done things that I didn't expect. I still have lines on my forehead. They are greatly reduced, but they are still there. If I miss a day or two, they are more obvious.

The thing I love about the Safetox is how relaxing it is. It's not relaxing like a bubble bath, it's much more powerful than that. For me, it's comparable to a deep tissue massage or a yoga session. I have struggled with tension headaches and shoulder and neck pain for years. I have always carried tension between my eyebrows. The neurologist said my headaches stemmed from tension in my shoulders that radiate up into my eyebrows. Well, I think it was the opposite. The Safetox has gotten rid of that tension between my eyebrows and the effect has spread all the way down to my shoulders. All that shoulder tension that I struggled with for years has disappeared. I have only had one headache since I started using the Safetox and that probably had something to do with Vodka. Laughing

Anyway, I still have lines, just not as bad. I'm sure I would have even less lines with increased usage. My face has a much more relaxed and serene look to it that before. Before, I looked tense and my face had a pinched look to it. The headache issue alone has made it worth it's weight in gold. All the tension that I was carrying around in my face was starting to distort my features. I was concerned about how contorted my face was starting to look and where that would lead in the future. All of that has been resolved. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Wow, I almost didn't post my story because I thought it would be irrelevant to everyone else. I'm glad to hear that it was helpful. I wonder if a lot of people with 11's also have neck and shoulder pain.

Tonia,

My Safetox is on it's way and I am looking forward to it not only helping my 11's and lifting my brow, but also alleviating my horrid tension/sinus headaches. And....now with what you've shared perhaps it will help my neck and shoulder pain as well. I carry a ton of anxiety from the middle of my spine all the way up (esp. in my face/eyes) so this will be a welcome bonus if it helps. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'll keep everyone updated on how things go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
I've been eying off this little gadget for a while now, but wasn't sure about the batteries issue. How quickly are you going through batteries? Once a week, once a month?

Part of me wants to wait and see if they bring out a model that can be plugged in, or will take rechargeables. The other part thinks lets just get it NOW!

I replace batteries about once a week...and I typically do like 4-5 cycles a night.

I asked about rechargeble batteries previously in the thread...they said it will be a year or more for that to happen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
manclass wrote:
well I don't want to jinx it...but...I think it's working already!

Awesome! You should think about adding some facial exercises for the eye area too. My eyelids were drooping to the point that my eyeliner was rubbing off on my upper lids, and my plastic surgeon (for my nose) said I was a definite candidate for an eye lift.

After a couple of months of using Ageless, I no longer needed the eye lift! Woo hoo!! (FYI...I added Safetox AFTER starting Ageless)

Safetox may be enough for you on its own, but if it isn't, Ageless + Safetox will fix you right up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had the Safetox for a year and used it continuously for four months as recommended for my age and situation. I now only need to use it a couple of times a month to maintain the effect. My frown lines were extreme so I am a good example of what can be achieved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Bethany, Mpstat and any others that might be doing the three points with the Safetox....is this where you are placing the electrode? The arrows are not for the purpose of this topic just look at the big black circles for the placement points....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Oh, and I never saw a difference in my NL's or lower face area with the single point. That happened within two weeks of starting the three point.

Ditto!!! I have owned mine for right about 11 months, and never saw lower-face results like this using the recommended one-point protocol.

BTW, Kevin from Safetox got back with me, and said I would hear from one of their doctors in a few days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
When I put my Safetox on I tell my husband to think Wonderwoman
all he does is laugh! Rolling Eyes
Image....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:
I am desperate for people to see what this can do for marionette lines. I am almost tempted (but not quite, lol) to stop using mine for 6 months and let the sag come back just so that I can document the transformation!!

BRAT Laughing Bad Grin Laughing

Sorry Kassy. Confused But this news is just TOO good, and I had to share!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay....a work crisis intervened, plus I had to paste in all the original questions before I could post the answers.

Q1. Is there an updated Safetox protocol for extending Botox (other than what is published in the manual)?

Actually not, this protocol is still considered as the most appropriate according to the most recent data and measurements perform on series of patients in aesthetic clinics. But of course it’s an “average” protocol. To really improve that would have to be individualised. The company is working on that approach but that’s a huge project needing several years to be implemented.

Q2. Are there any risks to OVERUSING the Safetox unit? (we love to use it, and often do more cycles that recommended in the manual)

No definitively there is no risk of overusing the Safetox. We are primarily a medical company using neurostimulation systems to treat neurologic disorders or pain syndromes as severe migraines. We’ve got more than 10 years of experience with patients receiving similar treatments than Safetox but with 12 hours a day sessions. Not any significant side effect has been reported.

Q3. Are there any Safetox product updates coming out soon and if so, when are they planned? (like rechargeable batteries, headset design change, etc.)

Of course they are some. But the R&D department is rather secret about that for marketing strategy purpose. So I cannot tell you and I don’t even really know. Let’s say that the updates you mentioned won’t be achieved before 2011.

Q4. What impact does doing facial exercises that target frontal muscles have on the muscles when also using the Safetox. (does it diminish the benefit of the Safetox?) FYI...facial exercise programs include FlexEffect, Eva Fraiser, Carol Maggio, etc.

Frontal facial muscle exercises are counterproductive. Only lower facial muscles exercises could be of some interest. So, you can have muscle exercises for the lower part of your face. But above the eyes the muscles exercises and contraction are increasing the lines.

Q5. Does Safetox diminish any filler one may have in the frown lines?

No, Safetox has no action on filler as it relaxes the muscles. On the other hand when you contract the muscles with exercises you risk to accelerate the filler reabsorbtion.

Q6. Can prolonged use of Safetox could cause muscle atrophy (where the muscle stops working) in any way? We know this might be desirable for the forehead, but since the Safetox impact is far reaching (as in NL lines etc), could this be a problem?

No, muscle relaxation doesn’t mean atrophy. Atrophy only happened when the muscles are paralysed as that happens with Botox or when the nerves are affected. Disuse atrophy on the other hand happens when the muscles are completely immobilised in a cast for instance.

OK...I will be starting another list of questions (including the battery ones)...please let me know if you have any NEW questions to submit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI,Everyone, Well I am (again) at a point where I don't know what to do. My buccinator indentation is really becoming noticeable. Sad At first, I thought it was just me being too thin. However, after reading some of your posts here, I'm starting to think my Tua Trend is the culprit. Because my eyelids have really started to sag,I'm interested in Safetox, but I live in the United States. Am I correct in understanding that there are additional taxes, tarriffs on Safetox to be shipped here?
I went to Youtube to try to understand how to use Safetox. I'm confused about the gel and 3 points vs. 1 point.
Could someone help clarify these issues for me?
Thank you very much. Smile

Mars, some of us are seeing buccinator indentation from Safetox, so I'm not sure that will help you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Q & A from Kevin! (questions from RickR)

Quote:
Q1. Does Safetox grow collagen or tighen the skin, or does it just numb the area (like botox) so that the wrinkles appear relaxed?

Safetox has likely no action on collagen but as it increases the blood flow in the skin capillaries it is considered to improve the skin quality. Skin biopsies have shown the capillaries and coetaneous tissues improvement. That’s actually an advantage compared to Botox which has no action on the skin itself.

Q2. Do the effects of Safetox (if any) disappear if Safetox is not used regularly?

When someone stop completely using Safetox the effects disappear progressively after 3 months but recovering the benefit is a lot quicker when resuming safetox than the first time. Usually just within a few weeks the effect is back.

Q3. Is safetox clinically proven? Have there been any studies done about this approach?

Yes definitively. There are several clinical tests by independent labs in France. Assessment was made through laser 3 D pictures to measure the wrinkles depth.

Q4. How about safety? Is using a zapping device so close to the brain competely safe, and if so, where can we find scientific documentation that it is safe? Or should we just take the manufacturer's word for it?

That’s similar to your question about an over use risk. We’ve got more than 10 years of experience with patients receiving similar treatments than Safetox but with 12 hours a day sessions. Not any significant side effect has been reported. Our vigilance system didn’t report any significant side effect. The dose of electromagnetic waves is less when you face your TV screen.

5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
I have used Safetox since Dec 2009 and reasonably satisfied. My Botox has worn off and my 11s have not come back.

This posting will give electrode mfrs heartburn. I get up to 6 weeks with each electrode.

There are 2 kinds of electrode gel. Sticky & non sticky. Sticky brands are Tac Gel or Tensile Gel.

Sticky gel is like contact cement. You dont put it on the pad and stick it in your head. As per the instructions, let the coating dry for 1-2 mins before puting it on.

I like to use rubbing alcohol to clean my fingertips and target skin, before handling the electrode. And I only grab it at the top left corner.

I put a very thin coat of non sticky gel on the target skin. Let it dry for 30 seconds. Then attach electrode and zap away.

The Tac gel I use every 4 days or so to rejuvenate the electrode.

Around the 4 week mark. I wash the electrode in a bowl of distilled water. Then let dry overnight... then Tac gel it.

I cut out the electrode backing and and store my electrode on it. Then wrap in saran wrap or similar.

Skin is your Ozone Layer. Age:50s, Face:30s, Body:20s, Mind:Immature. Products: Skin Signals, RetinA Micro, Vit C, Safetox, White tea, , full body/face Dermarolling, Stimulec, peptides, botanicals, DIY serums & tinctures
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
MaxDamian, I love your signature. Laughing Laughing Laughing I laughed out loud and read it to my hubby. We both got a laugh out of it.

Oh, wouldn't it be great if we could get all three points at one time? Boy that would save us a lot of time. There was mention of a new model coming out. Maybe it will hit all three. We can only hope.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
does anybody know a natural alternative to the wet wipes you need to use before placing the electrode patch on your forehead? (vinegar maybe?)

I use 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar and water - it works really well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
A dampened micro-fibre cloth rubbed over the forehead also removes every trace of grease & works well before applying the electrode. Only water, nothing nasty at all, cheap, simple & straightforward.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Very crude....I know that some of you can develop a more sophisticated band. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that I made a near perfect headband for the Safetox by looping together a bunch of ponytail holders.

I could get the perfect length by adding/subtracting until I got it right, and it doesn't catch in my hair at all like a rubber band would. And it is VERY effective! Very Happy

Here is a pic...it allows me to use the Safetox while working, cleaning, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I love the sensation and could definitely handle more!

Actually just to note, I had a revelation yesterday with the Safetox.

I bought mine in March and had visions of using it whilst sitting on the computer or while reading. However as I have small low-sitting ears ( Embarassed ) the band would slip along with the patch (even with tacgel) and end up on the bridge of my nose. So I would have to hold it in place which often disconnected it and wasn't much help whilst on the pc or with a book.

I decided to sell my Safetox as I also never experienced the facial relaxation that others spoke of but thought I'd give it one more try. Yesterday I used it whilst lying down on the bed with my eyes closed and OMG what a difference!
Now I know others have written about doing this and others will have mentally dismissed it as being an indulgence in these busy days but for just 3 mins, I felt as though I'd meditated for an hour. My whole face felt relaxed and my forehead unknotted. And furthermore, the Safetox remained seated in the right spot (the third eye - is this why I felt so relaxed after??).

Anyway, anyone not sure about this gadget should give the lie-down a try - especially if you have small, low-lying ears Wink
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I now use a band made of ponytail holders and it works great. It helps to keep the pad in place even if it's not sticky enough anymore. Although, I have to agree with Miranda about lying down while using it. I did this the first time I ever used the Safetox and I was so relaxed. I gave up using the three points because it was so frustrating trying to maintain a connection. It really is helping diminish my frown lines.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Seldom have time to post - too busy using all the gadgets!

Still loving the Safetox & found what I consider to be an easy way to keep it on. I use an eyewear retainer. Works great & super easy on or off.

I am using one with a standard end by Chums but I am sure there must be others out there that will work.
Oh & I must give credit where it is due - my DH thought of this!

HTHelps someone!
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the safetox since xmas and had my last botox injection in february.
I'm more than pleased with the results of the safetox and, although botox irons everything out, the smoothing and lifting effect of the safetox is amazing. I only use it at night but generally I go through about 5 or 6 cycles - it's the best and easiest anti-aging gadget I've ever used and the bonus is that I never have to go through the uncertainty of where the botox may migrate!
It actually DOES work on lifting the lower face too as I've watched a tiny line at the corner of my mouth gradually go from being downward facing to a slight horizontal one which is hardly noticable.
For me, there's nothing better and it's no hassle to use.
IlsaLund
5% products discount

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to give you a bit of update and to say that I absolutely love safetox-I have used both tua viso(trend) and safetox and safetox wins hands down IMO. I have tried 3 point treatment and it gave me fuller cheeks, diminished hollows under my eyes,my NL folds are gone,it lifted my eyebrows... My headaches from chronic sinusitis are much better just after 5 weeks of using this gadget!!!!!! I am still young(32) but I was not ageing well-now I look better than I did when I was 26! Safetox gave my face more sculpted and chiseled look-the pain and discomfort was worth it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
The Safetox has helped with my headaches and sinus issues BIG TIME. It also relaxes me and helps me sleep. I have used mine about two years and just ordered another one as back up. It has dealt with my forehead frown lines and 11's, plus opened up my face and lifted my upper eye lids. It is a jewel! Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |