Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon, I have just read the entire thread that you've kindly posted, and I found the following post from member Pustekuchen that caught my interest:

"I switched from medical tape to art tape.
If you go into an art supply store, they have kraft paper tape with gum arabic on the back in a roll. you have to wet the back to get it to stick. sound familiar?
It's like $4 for a roll. and you can cut to whatever sizes and shapes you want"

So...It might be worth a try, I used this stuff a lot when I used to paint and it does appear to be very similar, if not perhaps even the same material as Frownies. Will look into it this week.

You are welcome Mie124,

I think Toby found a similar paper at Staples which also uses Gum Arabic. I am sure it is very close if not the same as Frownies but way less expensive so if it does not work less money down the drain. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
Alley wrote:
Not to change the subject but - someone suggested surgical tape or breath right strips as an inexpensive alternative to frownies.

Yes, that's a good point. I tried using surgical tape but have no idea what shape to do. I tried smoothing my brow and then stuck the tape just across where the 11's would be, but didn't really work...I could still see some frowning underneath. Maybe I just have very strong muscles there?

If anyone has a better technique I would love to know?

I actually use regular old scotch tape. I put strips from the center out to my hair line (even over the hair a little and it comes off just fine), leaving the center part uncovered. I pulled the tape a bit to get a good opening. I have a really strong frown (I honestly think it could be the strongest muscle in my body) and I can't frown. It keeps me frozen and open. I needed to rows of tape. One pulling the actual 11'a and one a little higher up. I find the shiny tape works better than the frosted magic tape, lol. I tried the surgical tape with the pores and it was not tight enough. I could still frown.

Thanks for the battery suggestions. I was not changing mine until 1 month so they must be really weak! I don't know if there are battery drop offs or pick ups here. I live in NYC. You would think there would be!
Miel24
5% products discount

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

I actually use regular old scotch tape. I put strips from the center out to my hair line (even over the hair a little and it comes off just fine), leaving the center part uncovered. I pulled the tape a bit to get a good opening. I have a really strong frown (I honestly think it could be the strongest muscle in my body) and I can't frown. It keeps me frozen and open. I needed to rows of tape. One pulling the actual 11'a and one a little higher up. I find the shiny tape works better than the frosted magic tape, lol. I tried the surgical tape with the pores and it was not tight enough. I could still frown.

Thanks for the tip Mommydearest. I have some Scotch tape at home and will try this tonight. Like you I have a very strong brow, I am even frowning strongly in photos I have of me as an eight year old lol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

Thanks for the battery suggestions. I was not changing mine until 1 month so they must be really weak! I don't know if there are battery drop offs or pick ups here. I live in NYC. You would think there would be!

Where are the tapes going exactly? I'm having a hard time picturing where the tapes go. I'd really like to try this as I too have strong forehead muscles. Thanks. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
mommydearest wrote:

Where are the tapes going exactly? I'm having a hard time picturing where the tapes go. I'd really like to try this as I too have strong forehead muscles. Thanks. Very Happy

This site has a video and also pictures of where they go. Very Happy

http://www.frownies.com/apply.php

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Peggotty wrote:
mommydearest wrote:

This site has a video and also pictures of where they go. Very Happy

http://www.frownies.com/apply.php

Would the scotch tape technique that mommydearest does go in the same places to pull put the furrows? Frownies are getting to be too expensive for me so wanted to try the scotch tape technique she mentions. Thanks.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I would say yes, of course tailoring to your face just as you would with Frownies. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
The difference with the tape and the frownies is that I did not put the tape right over the frown. That is just the way it worked for me. But mind you, I am lazy so I have not been doing it regularly! That is the key. After all the other things I do, exercises, LED, TT, Safetox, OCM (not all on the same night, lol), I just can't wait to finally get into bed. You might like it right over the 11's. I think the important part for me was the pulling laterally to open up. I basically just used it the way that Hollywood tape works to pull the skin to the look you want.

I am just curious if anyone knows why we frown at night? You would think we would be the most relaxed. I mean I know our brains are working like crazy but our bodies are not as active or holding tension as when we are awake.

I also saw a video somewhere of Tonya Zavasta taping up her forehead. Don't know where I saw that. I can't find it on her site but it must be there. I did find this on her blog though.

My book Your Right to Be Beautiful, chapter 28 to be exact, explains in much more detail how to avoid wrinkles, along with what I call the “tape trick.” I’ve done this every night without fail for years. Purchase a product known as paper tape from a local pharmacy, along with pure castor oil. Apply the castor oil to the lashes and the area around your eye generously and then cover the wrinkles with a strip of paper tape about an inch and a half long. You can do this on your brow crease or any other wrinkle you want to work on. Sleep with this on and, in the morning, simply peel away the tape. Occasionally, dabbing a small amount of raw honey on the area will increase the procedure’s effectiveness.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

I am just curious if anyone knows why we frown at night? You would think we would be the most relaxed. I mean I know our brains are working like crazy but our bodies are not as active or holding tension as when we are awake.

I also saw a video somewhere of Tonya Zavasta taping up her forehead. Don't know where I saw that. I can't find it on her site but it must be there. I did find this on her blog though.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGxzlLNxsE

I don't believe we are frowning in our sleep; that theory/explanation seems bogus to me. If anything, we are pushing the skin inwards causing a fold when we sleep on our side and that causes noticeable elevens when we wake up. So IMO it's a skin issue (independent of muscle engagement). Most people would disagree with me though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy, thanks for the link. Yup that is it! She cracks me up. She sounds like Glinda the Good Witch of the North. I wonder if she would have just as amazing skin even if she were not raw? She looks so pure.

I am sure part of it IS that I have gotten into the horrible habit of sleeping on my side. I used to only sleep on my back but then I nursed my son for years in our bed and got used to the side sleeping. He is 15 now and I still do it. I just find it very comforting. I used to sleep with no pillow on my back and I never had frown lines. I remember in my 30's noticing that I could not even make wrinkles when I frowned. It was just small mounds in the center at the most. I think I have found myself frowning even when I wake up on my back in the morning though. It think it is part of my waking up process. Maybe getting used to the light? I am a chronic computer frowner and when I do outside so it could be the light.

I put the tape on tonight and I see that on my left side where my stronger muscle is I can't totally freeze it. Also, if I frown really hard I CAN actually pull my forehead muscles towards the center a little and I can see the tape pucker a tiny bit but the point is I am not creating 11's wrinkles. I am trying to smooth those out. Also maybe it is good to put a strip right up the center the way Tonya does. I am doing that now. For me the most important strips are the ones that go right above the top edge of the the brows towards the temples. It would pretty much go over all the places that they inject with Botox I think. I do have to make at least one other row of tape higher up too. I think you have to just experiment because we are all different. And really pulling the tape tightly to the sides seems to work the best for me. It is opening and pulling back in the same way when you pull your scalp back from the ears that Safetox teaches you to do except just involving the forehead. I have never worn this to bed by the way. It might be that it won't be strong enough for my sleeping frown.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like yet another thing on EDS I want to get! Haha. I've been looking at this ever since Toby posted about this on another thread. This appeals to me because it sounds like it firms the muscles, but it also aligns with my belief that too much forehead action can create lines. I never thought I was a big eyebrow raiser or frowner, however recently I've put tape on my forehead during the day (while in the house) to see how much I might activate those muscles, and it's more than I thought.

But I've read that this can firm and tone the whole face, but it looks like it's only placed on the forehead-is that correct? If so, how does it lift the rest of the face?

And also, is it expensive to maintain? It sounds like you have to replace batteries, plus electrodes. I really wish it weren't battery operated; that's a drawback for me. Plus, it's such a big upfront investment too.

Also, any comparisons on this versus the Tua?

TIA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
RyanA safetox has now become like my Lightstim a device that if it breaks it WILL be replaced.

I have been using safetox for 10 days straight. Weekdays I get 2 sessions in 2x's in the am and 3x's in the evening. On the weekends I have gotten in 3 sessions of 3x's each.

At the end of last week I thought I noticed my lower face was lifted. By this morning there is a very noticeable lift in my lower face. I had jowls that were becoming an issue which I was doing exercises for but I am telling you the safetox did more in 10 days than months of exercises.

I have changed the batteries in my device once since I got it. I think this week I will change them again. I am keeping the used safetox batteries for remotes and the like as they don't need the kind of power the safetox does.

I also own the Tua and honestly haven't used it in years. It takes too much time. Between the LLD and the Tua there just were not enough hours in the day. The safetox takes 15 minutes at most and that is only if you do 3x's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
RyanA safetox has now become like my Lightstim a device that if it breaks it WILL be replaced.

I have been using safetox for 10 days straight. Weekdays I get 2 sessions in 2x's in the am and 3x's in the evening. On the weekends I have gotten in 3 sessions of 3x's each.

At the end of last week I thought I noticed my lower face was lifted. By this morning there is a very noticeable lift in my lower face. I had jowls that were becoming an issue which I was doing exercises for but I am telling you the safetox did more in 10 days than months of exercises.

I have changed the batteries in my device once since I got it. I think this week I will change them again. I am keeping the used safetox batteries for remotes and the like as they don't need the kind of power the safetox does.

I also own the Tua and honestly haven't used it in years. It takes too much time. Between the LLD and the Tua there just were not enough hours in the day. The safetox takes 15 minutes at most and that is only if you do 3x's.

Stop making me jealous Laughing I just had a huge tax payment to make so not spending for a while! Sad

Suggestion maybe invest in a battery charger and a few sets of rechargeable batteries, I have them and it is way more convenient. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Yikes taxes grrrr I am telling you DarkMoon when you can get on the bandwagon.

We have a set of rechargeable batteries that I did try on Saturday and they just didn't have enough juice. There are old however. I meant to go to National Battery on the weekend but never got there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Yikes taxes grrrr I am telling you DarkMoon when you can get on the bandwagon.

We have a set of rechargeable batteries that I did try on Saturday and they just didn't have enough juice. There are old however. I meant to go to National Battery on the weekend but never got there.

Taxes when you sell a commercial property ouch and my estimated for first quarter next year already! Sad Sad

I will once my bank account recovers! Laughing

Fresh batteries are a must for power draining devices, so I know what you mean!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

Thanks Alley. Honestly, the price just seems sort of outrageous compared to other gadgets. I did the conversion on that winhealth website and it came out to like $457 US dollars. There are a couple of distributors on ebay selling them new for around $300. That still seems like so much. Oh well...maybe one day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I bought one from WinHealth and paid right at (with shipping)300.00, I just went to the site and did the conversion to US dollars and it came to 241.25...ordering from the US you don't pay the vat but you will add the shipping to that 241.25.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I bought one from WinHealth and paid right at (with shipping)300.00, I just went to the site and did the conversion to US dollars and it came to 241.25...ordering from the US you don't pay the vat but you will add the shipping to that 241.25.

Thanks for posting the site Toby, that is better than what I have seen online so far! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby! I must have done it wrong.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am just curious how many of you are doing more than one cycle at a time. I think that is the secret to seeing faster results and maybe even for lifting jowls. I really hate that this eats up batteries. I was so happy when my son grew out of all the electronic battery eating toys. And now I am doing it and not going to outgrow this toy any time soon. I just replaced my batteries and ouch, I really had gotten used to less juice. Sometimes I feel a bit masochistic when it first starts going but it "hurts so good". Also funny that I am much more sensitive at night than during the morning.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:40 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
I am just curious how many of you are doing more than one cycle at a time. I think that is the secret to seeing faster results and maybe even for lifting jowls. I really hate that this eats up batteries. I was so happy when my son grew out of all the electronic battery eating toys. And now I am doing it and not going to outgrow this toy any time soon. I just replaced my batteries and ouch, I really had gotten used to less juice. Sometimes I feel a bit masochistic when it first starts going but it "hurts so good". Also funny that I am much more sensitive at night than during the morning.

Mommydearest I am doing 2 rounds in the am and 3 rounds in the pm. Last night was the first time I did the 3 point treatment.
LOL - I know exactly what you mean about the "hurt so good"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just popping in to say hi, and that I am looking forward to restarting my Safetox after a very looooong break (which I wish I had NOT taken).

I think I may take some before pics and then I can share my progress with everyone.

I will be using the 3 Step Method which worked so well for me in the past, and working up to 2 cycles on each area.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress, but this is the only tool I have tried since being on EDS that has surpassed my expectations (without requiring pain and blood). So I will be expecting nothing but good things. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:55 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just popping in to say hi, and that I am looking forward to restarting my Safetox after a very looooong break (which I wish I had NOT taken).

I think I may take some before pics and then I can share my progress with everyone.

I will be using the 3 Step Method which worked so well for me in the past, and working up to 2 cycles on each area.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress, but this is the only tool I have tried since being on EDS that has surpassed my expectations (without requiring pain and blood). So I will be expecting nothing but good things. Smile

Now you are causing my lemming for one, I just can't do it right now the darn government hit me too hard with TAXES! Plus I bought a LightStim!
A month or two maybe? Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick update - Safetox is amazing!!!! I have been using everyday 2x's in the morning & 3 x's at night.
I cannot believe how much it has affected my lower face, very much "opening it up".
My forehead is coming along but I am trying to be patient with the 11's as they were not created overnight they will not go away overnight.

I am finding that when I use the safetox afterwork, I fall asleep. I love the way it feels.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Safetox twice - yesterday and today. Each time I followed the protocol in the manual - I start with level 1, then as soon as that is done, I do level 2. OMG... I get nauseous... today it almost felt like I would get a migraine from it. Sad For a good hour I was swallowing and praying this didn't turn into a trip to headache hell.

Someone please tell me this gets better. Pray Pray

I might just stay at level 1 for a while, but at the same time, I don't want to stall my progress. During the process it doesn't hurt exactly... it is not comfortable yet... but I'm getting used to the drill in the forehead routine. But by no means can I say I like it.

More than anything, it's the after-effects that worry me. Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |