Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
I also noticed that I appear to have some fluid in my upper eye area, so I am sticking with the Level 1/Level 2 combo until that resolves itself in case I have been overdoing it. Embarassed

Oooooh... please keep us posted. If it turns out that there is any correlation, that's good information to have (perhaps two sessions per point is too much?). So sorry you have to experience it. Hopefully this will pass very soon.

Will do!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I originally purchased the Safetox to deal with a frown line between my brows. Now, I just use a piece of 3M tape between my brows at night. The frown line is becoming less pronounced. When I was using my Safetox, I was wishing it went beyond level 3. I loved the sensation. I was using level 3 for three sessions in a row. I stopped using it because my under eye area would get puffy. Maybe I overdid it. The problem never seemed to resolve itself. I can't deal with under eye puffiness. I was also concerned about letting my forehead muscles relax or weaken. My facial exercises are working great for me.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 5:45 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I originally purchased the Safetox to deal with a frown line between my brows. Now, I just use a piece of 3M tape between my brows at night. The frown line is becoming less pronounced. When I was using my Safetox, I was wishing it went beyond level 3. I loved the sensation. I was using level 3 for three sessions in a row. I stopped using it because my under eye area would get puffy. Maybe I overdid it. The problem never seemed to resolve itself. I can't deal with under eye puffiness. I was also concerned about letting my forehead muscles relax or weaken. My facial exercises are working great for me.

Overuse could definitely be the reason for puffiness, as well as lymphatic drainage which is stimulated by the Safetox.

Deb at FlexEffect talked about the overuse aspect in one of her books, and the "tired" look one could see at the beginning or if facial exercises are overdone....Safetox is the same principle since it both exercises and relaxes your muscles. And because Safetox does both the relaxation and the exercising, you don't need to worry about over relaxing the forehead muscles.

But the good news is that you can pick whatever is best for YOU! I have 3 different facial exercise programs, but ended up being too lazy/busy to actually continue doing them on an ongoing basis. Embarassed Reading the books and trying out the programs was a great education in itself, and money well spent in my opinion. They can all be very effective, and I did see great results with Ageless.

Thanks for reminding me about the tape on the 11's...I have 4 boxes of the Frownease (which I think was purchased by Frownies because it was a way better product!). I should start using those since I sleep on my side, and it definitely makes one of my 11's WAY worse. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Pack, I just went and did a puffiness check in the mirror. Mine is still there, though it is reduced quite a bit.

I am going to cut back to 1x for each of the 3 points, and see how that impacts the puffiness over the next week. Eye bags even in the short term are not a good look! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that the puffiness under my eyes has been reduced since I cut back to once a day. I am going to stick with that for a bit, and then add 2x at level 1.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that the puffiness under my eyes has been reduced since I cut back to once a day. I am going to stick with that for a bit, and then add 2x at level 1.

Thank you for the update... so glad your puffiness is going away. I keep playing with the levels and sessions to determine maximum effectiveness. If I do two sessions, I start off with a level 3 in the center, then a level 2 for the top sides. Second round is a level 2 center, and level 1 for the top sides.

This seems to flatten things out nicely and leave my forehead in the slightly numb state. But if I'm feeling more sensitive I'll just scale back the levels on both sessions. Since you developed some puffiness, I will watch for overdoing things. Stronger/longer may not necessarily be better I know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Thank you for the update... so glad your puffiness is going away. I keep playing with the levels and sessions to determine maximum effectiveness. If I do two sessions, I start off with a level 3 in the center, then a level 2 for the top sides. Second round is a level 2 center, and level 1 for the top sides.

That's funny...I start with a weaker level for the first round, and then move up to a stronger level for the 2nd round. But I am not going higher than Level 2, since I seem to be pretty sensitive to it right now (though no nausea for me!). I am sure I will be back to 3 soon though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Something occurred to me recently about bone remodeling and Safetox. It seems to me there is a lot of pressure/ stimulation of that forehead bone (what is that called, is that part of the cranium?). In five years am I going to have this unsightly bulge right over my eyes and between my brows???? Embarassed Embarassed

Bone can remodel with much less stimulation (at least according to the FlexEffect peeps). I mean if just the pressure from my hands can effect my bones, I shudder to think what I'm accomplishing with the power of Safetox!

Wed May 23, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all who have posted on this device. I got it and used it for several days. The level one was pretty easy, but level two did feel really strong. It's relaxing, though, and I am always disappointed when the little signal goes off, saying that the cycle is done. I don't sense much difference with level 3. In fact, I find it milder than level 2. Anyway, yesterday I did 2 & 3 in the afternoon, then 2 & 3 at night. Again, I wanted more, so I did level 1 & 2 again. Woke up this morning with an intermittent 'buzzing' sensation like the sensation from the device in the center of my forehead. Three hours later, still hasn't gone away. Very mild, but disconcerting. Guess I had better stay with just five minutes a day. I thought the point of the 'training' period was to get you to where you could tolerate level 3. Well, that was accomplished after a few days, so, moving on! I thought. Maybe I should slow down. I do see a lift already
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
LauraR wrote:
Thanks to all who have posted on this device. I got it and used it for several days. The level one was pretty easy, but level two did feel really strong. It's relaxing, though, and I am always disappointed when the little signal goes off, saying that the cycle is done. I don't sense much difference with level 3. In fact, I find it milder than level 2. Anyway, yesterday I did 2 & 3 in the afternoon, then 2 & 3 at night. Again, I wanted more, so I did level 1 & 2 again. Woke up this morning with an intermittent 'buzzing' sensation like the sensation from the device in the center of my forehead. Three hours later, still hasn't gone away. Very mild, but disconcerting. Guess I had better stay with just five minutes a day. I thought the point of the 'training' period was to get you to where you could tolerate level 3. Well, that was accomplished after a few days, so, moving on! I thought. Maybe I should slow down. I do see a lift already

I had the same problem finding the Level 2. It seemed to me that Level 3 seemed about the same, so I contacted the Safetox folks.....I realized that I was never really getting the Level 3 setting. So I was more concise with my button pressing and finally was able to get that 3rd setting. Unfortunately, now I am back to having trouble setting mine on Level 3... it seems that it is beeping over my button pressing and gets all jumbled. I have no idea what is happening. hmm

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
LauraR wrote:

I had the same problem finding the Level 2. It seemed to me that Level 3 seemed about the same, so I contacted the Safetox folks.....I realized that I was never really getting the Level 3 setting. So I was more concise with my button pressing and finally was able to get that 3rd setting. Unfortunately, now I am back to having trouble setting mine on Level 3... it seems that it is beeping over my button pressing and gets all jumbled. I have no idea what is happening. hmm

I don't know if this will help you, but I noticed that after every push (level) it beeps according to what level it is. So I just wait to hear the number of beeps and then push again, wait, etc.

For level three I push once... hear one beep. Push again... hear two beeps... then I push the last time to hear the three beeps.

That's probably giving you info you already have but it was a small "aha!" for me. I finally figured out what all the beeping was about!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

I don't know if this will help you, but I noticed that after every push (level) it beeps according to what level it is. So I just wait to hear the number of beeps and then push again, wait, etc.

For level three I push once... hear one beep. Push again... hear two beeps... then I push the last time to hear the three beeps.

That is exactly how it should be working. Yay!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Awesome! Bethany, what do you think of my bone remodeling question above? Pray I was hoping to get your feedback ... are we Safetox users going to get Neanderthal foreheads ten years down the line? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
LauraR wrote:

That's probably giving you info you already have but it was a small "aha!" for me. I finally figured out what all the beeping was about!

THANK YOU SO MUCH Luminosity, for that simple and concise tutotial. I have never quite understood what was going on with all the beeps. That SOOOO clarifies it for me.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
LauraR wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH Luminosity, for that simple and concise tutotial. I have never quite understood what was going on with all the beeps. That SOOOO clarifies it for me.

Oh yay! The trick for me is remembering to actually put it into my schedule (with a few gadgets now under my belt, finding the time is getting harder Laughing). Sometimes I only get in one session. And it's weird... last night I had lingering buzzing zipping up my scalp! Probably should stick to doing it once per point and staying away from double sessions! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

Awesome! Bethany, what do you think of my bone remodeling question above? Pray I was hoping to get your feedback ... are we Safetox users going to get Neanderthal foreheads ten years down the line? Embarassed

I don't know that much about bone remodeling. I remember reading about in in the updated FlexEffect, but I wasn't fully convinced at that time. Unless I read a significant number of clinical studies validating it (or I grow a mega forehead ridge) I am not going to worry about it too much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
bethany wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I don't know that much about bone remodeling. I remember reading about in in the updated FlexEffect, but I wasn't fully convinced at that time. Unless I read a significant number of clinical studies validating it (or I grow a mega forehead ridge) I am not going to worry about it too much.

Ok, thanks for your feedback... I don't know much about it either but the thought came to me and then I couldn't quite dismiss it. It would be good to have more studies on bone remodeling for sure. I even thought, with as much vibration and pressure as we get from Safetox, having something like that for the cheek bones, jaw, etc. would be interesting. Maybe a kind of mask? We could look like 20 year olds well into our 80s, lol. Or maybe not. Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have a had good success using nizn rechargeable AAA batteries with my safetox. They have a higher nominal voltage (1.8v) after charging and the extra power makes it work better. I always use the highest setting #3.

I am tempted to try high voltage AAAs such as UltraFire AAA Li-Ion 3.6V Rechargeable, which would double the voltage.

I figure that if it is to strong I can use the lower setting.

My only concern is to damage my expensive safetox.

Has anyone else tried this?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
EyesWithoutaface wrote:
I have a had good success using nizn rechargeable AAA batteries with my safetox. They have a higher nominal voltage (1.8v) after charging and the extra power makes it work better. I always use the highest setting #3.

I am tempted to try high voltage AAAs such as UltraFire AAA Li-Ion 3.6V Rechargeable, which would double the voltage.

I figure that if it is to strong I can use the lower setting.

My only concern is to damage my expensive safetox.

Has anyone else tried this?

I would suggest emailing them before you do that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am back to using my Safetox on a regular basis, and am already seeing improvements in my marionette lines due to the 3 point protocol.

However, my workload recently skyrocketed and I have been using my Safetox a LOT for stress relief. The impact...very puffy eyes the next morning. Under eye bags so big that they would make me check them at the airport and charge me an extra fee for them weighing too much. Shock Shock Shock

Moral of the story...don't over do it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am back to using my Safetox on a regular basis, and am already seeing improvements in my marionette lines due to the 3 point protocol.

However, my workload recently skyrocketed and I have been using my Safetox a LOT for stress relief. The impact...very puffy eyes the next morning. Under eye bags so big that they would make me check them at the airport and charge me an extra fee for them weighing too much. Shock Shock Shock

Moral of the story...don't over do it!

Hi Bethany, what areas would you say that Safetox helps the most and what kind of time commitment is involved.
ETA I mean daily time commitment and also how long to you start to see results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, I just added some results to the poll thread, so i am just going to copy and paste here too:

bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
My favorite isn't on here...The Safetox!

Though I also own FE, Ageless, and Eva Frazier's book.

Bethany, would you buy Safetox again and if so why? I have always wondered about Safetox and I love a gadget.

I would absolutely buy it again...even at double the price. Pop over to the Safetox thread, and I will be glad to answer any questions for you.

Here is a summary of my Safetox results from 2010....I just wish I had kept using it!

bethany wrote:
I just realized that I have been doing the 3 Point treatment for about 7 weeks now, so figured I would give an update on everything...

Marionette Lines - This is the best my MLs have looked in YEARS (including after I had filler injected!) There is still a little ways to go, but the improvement is VERY significant. So significant that I am contemplating buying a 2nd unit just in case something happens to my current one, and so that I can also keep one in my office and ensure that I use it 2x day. I love this thing!!! Very Happy

Forehead wrinkles - The 3 major wrinkles I have across my forehead (1 for each of my major employers in my career Rolling Eyes ) are diminished maybe 60%. That's a guesstimate since I can't measure line depth, but I definitely feel like they are far less obvious than before. Shockingly, I may actually continue with no botox...they really do look that much better. But are they "gone" like with Botox? Nope. But does my forehead move like a normal person? Yep. Laughing

Glabella (11's) - This is the area where I have seen the least improvement, though they are still softened by maybe 25%. I suspect the lack is progress is because these are more due to me sleeping on my side. I may have to try the Breath Right strips to see if that helps.

Misc - I am also seeing my cheeks indenting a bit, and it certainly isn't because of any weight loss (darn it). Speaking of that, I am finally back on thyroid meds, and I am hoping that the Safetox usage may help me ward off any sagging should I eventually win the battle and lose the weight.

As far as a time commitment, I wear the headband while I am reading (like right now) or working at my desk (I work from home, so no strange looks!) so there is no time trade off.

I personally do 2 5 min cycles for each of the 3 points...so 30 mins total, but I am doing other stuff so it passes ultra quickly. Plus I find it very relaxing.

Editing to add that you see line softening immediately, but you can start to see improvement in NL or ML areas in as little as 2 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Cookie, I just added some results to the poll thread, so i am just going to copy and paste here too:

bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:
My favorite isn't on here...The Safetox!

Though I also own FE, Ageless, and Eva Frazier's book.

Bethany, would you buy Safetox again and if so why? I have always wondered about Safetox and I love a gadget.

I would absolutely buy it again...even at double the price. Pop over to the Safetox thread, and I will be glad to answer any questions for you.

Here is a summary of my Safetox results from 2010....I just wish I had kept using it!

bethany wrote:
I just realized that I have been doing the 3 Point treatment for about 7 weeks now, so figured I would give an update on everything...

Marionette Lines - This is the best my MLs have looked in YEARS (including after I had filler injected!) There is still a little ways to go, but the improvement is VERY significant. So significant that I am contemplating buying a 2nd unit just in case something happens to my current one, and so that I can also keep one in my office and ensure that I use it 2x day. I love this thing!!! Very Happy

Forehead wrinkles - The 3 major wrinkles I have across my forehead (1 for each of my major employers in my career Rolling Eyes ) are diminished maybe 60%. That's a guesstimate since I can't measure line depth, but I definitely feel like they are far less obvious than before. Shockingly, I may actually continue with no botox...they really do look that much better. But are they "gone" like with Botox? Nope. But does my forehead move like a normal person? Yep. Laughing

Glabella (11's) - This is the area where I have seen the least improvement, though they are still softened by maybe 25%. I suspect the lack is progress is because these are more due to me sleeping on my side. I may have to try the Breath Right strips to see if that helps.

Misc - I am also seeing my cheeks indenting a bit, and it certainly isn't because of any weight loss (darn it). Speaking of that, I am finally back on thyroid meds, and I am hoping that the Safetox usage may help me ward off any sagging should I eventually win the battle and lose the weight.

As far as a time commitment, I wear the headband while I am reading (like right now) or working at my desk (I work from home, so no strange looks!) so there is no time trade off.

I personally do 2 5 min cycles for each of the 3 points...so 30 mins total, but I am doing other stuff so it passes ultra quickly. Plus I find it very relaxing.

Editing to add that you see line softening immediately, but you can start to see improvement in NL or ML areas in as little as 2 weeks.

Thanks Bethany, that sounds great. I am a little concerned about your misc. comment (cheeks indenting) Do you mean the area under the apples of the cheek? That's an area I would like to be fuller on my face. I love a gadget I can use while doing other things. This is something I will have to keep in mind. I am going to start using the ReAura laser soon on my face but if I don't get the results I want maybe I'll check into Safetox.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Thanks Bethany, that sounds great. I am a little concerned about your misc. comment (cheeks indenting) Do you mean the area under the apples of the cheek? That's an area I would like to be fuller on my face. I love a gadget I can use while doing other things. This is something I will have to keep in mind. I am going to start using the ReAura laser soon on my face but if I don't get the results I want maybe I'll check into Safetox.

Cookie, my cheeks just look a tad more defined...more on the sides of my face than directly under the apples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Cookie, my cheeks just look a tad more defined...more on the sides of my face than directly under the apples.

Thanks Bethany.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |