Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, your results are fantastic!
I have had a safetox for ages but I am one of the people who find it very painful, which makes me less inclined to use it, after a minute or two the sensation subsides, but I can barely move to begin with. Could anyone tell me if you use it in the three point method by doing one area at a time or if you have rigged it up with the wires to join three electrodes? I suppose I am wondering if the current 'drops off' when they are linked, although I have difficulty keeping contact when I move the headset into the different positions
Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
Toby, your results are fantastic!
I have had a safetox for ages but I am one of the people who find it very painful, which makes me less inclined to use it, after a minute or two the sensation subsides, but I can barely move to begin with. Could anyone tell me if you use it in the three point method by doing one area at a time or if you have rigged it up with the wires to join three electrodes? I suppose I am wondering if the current 'drops off' when they are linked, although I have difficulty keeping contact when I move the headset into the different positions
Thanks!

Hi, I'm not Toby but figured I would take a stab at your questions.

I would suggest starting with old batteries that you have used in something else, if you are extra sensitive. When you feel you can tolerate level 2 on the old batteries, then try putting in some new ones but stay at level 1.

I doubt that Toby connects the 3 electrodes...I certainly do not. And I find that I can only do the 3 point treatment laying down to avoid losing contact.

HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ah! Lying down! My kind of exercise! Thats a very good idea - thank you!
And the weak batteries. You know its hard to imagine that people find it relaxing, its all I can do not to scrunch my face up - and that wouldn't really hasten any positive results!
Thanks again

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I don't do any of the other points....just the middle one. I have tried different points but the middle is so easy and I will stick with what is easy to do. Bethany's idea of using weak batteries sounds like a good plan. You might even try to not have it tightly connected at first so the current isn't so overwhelming to you. I do think in time you will adjust. Most of us would be thrilled to have that drilling surge feeling again, even though it was a shock to us in the beginning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just broke down and ordered this from Winhealth. I won't be using for awhile. I am doing to many other things but when I do start using it I will give a review. Thanks for all the information.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I just broke down and ordered this from Winhealth. I won't be using for awhile. I am doing to many other things but when I do start using it I will give a review. Thanks for all the information.

Cookie, I will be looking forward to your thoughts!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I am at about 6 weeks of using it regularly once a day, and yesterday I noticed some massive improvement in my ML lines.

I have no idea why I stop using things that work for me, but I am kicking my lazy/busy self in the butt right now, sigh. I need to stop letting my insane work life overrule every minute of my life, and take a few mins for ME. Remind me of that if I fall off the wagon again, ok? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that I am at about 6 weeks of using it regularly once a day, and yesterday I noticed some massive improvement in my ML lines.

I have no idea why I stop using things that work for me, but I am kicking my lazy/busy self in the butt right now, sigh. I need to stop letting my insane work life overrule every minute of my life, and take a few mins for ME. Remind me of that if I fall off the wagon again, ok? Very Happy

Thanks Bethany- I did order 2 packs of the "sticky dots" sorry I can't remember what their called. I do think that will be enough for now. I guess I could order the tac gel form amazon also.
Does the gel help to really extend the life of the dots and does it give them a stronger current?

Also take some time out for yourself. I sure you deserve it. I guess it helps that you can use Safetox and do other things at the same time. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks Bethany- I did order 2 packs of the "sticky dots" sorry I can't remember what their called. I do think that will be enough for now. I guess I could order the tac gel form amazon also.
Does the gel help to really extend the life of the dots and does it give them a stronger current?

Cookie, the TacGel is worth every penny...it extends the life of the electrodes dramatically AND does make the connection much stronger.

I think you have more than enough electrodes for quite some time. Btw, they do have an expiration date on them, but that doesn't matter if you use the Tac Gel. I do keep my extra electrodes in the fridge though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Cookie, the TacGel is worth every penny...it extends the life of the electrodes dramatically AND does make the connection much stronger.

I think you have more than enough electrodes for quite some time. Btw, they do have an expiration date on them, but that doesn't matter if you use the Tac Gel. I do keep my extra electrodes in the fridge though.

Thanks Bethany- off to order Tac Gel now. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I tried to use mine today for the first time. Nothing happened and it did not turn on. The batterys that came with the device are in. I will email the company, but in the meantime does anyone have a suggestion? I'm eager to get started

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
I tried to use mine today for the first time. Nothing happened and it did not turn on. The batterys that came with the device are in. I will email the company, but in the meantime does anyone have a suggestion? I'm eager to get started

Thanks

Ok...first question. Are the batteries in correctly?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

They were not because I didn't pull out the blue little strip,lol

I used it last night for the first time. progam 3 is painful! I feel like this is going to be very helpful though, because after the area between my brows feels much more relaxed and my forehead looks open. It is minimal but I am assuming the results are cumalative.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
Hi Bethany,

They were not because I didn't pull out the blue little strip,lol

I used it last night for the first time. progam 3 is painful! I feel like this is going to be very helpful though, because after the area between my brows feels much more relaxed and my forehead looks open. It is minimal but I am assuming the results are cumalative.

Holy cow...why are you on Level 3 so quickly? Shock If you see bags under your eyes the next day, it is because you are overdoing it!

And the results are cumulative, though oddly I have better results on my lower face that I do on the forehead.

I have to use it 2x a day to keep the lines relaxed, but I get nice jowl lift just by using it 1x a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I find using the frownies on my forehead really keeps my forehead looking very smooth and helps hold the work the safetox is doing.I had been buying my frownies at Stein Mart in the US,but the one in my area didn't have the regular frownies, they had the lastest product they came out with for under eye area area. Rolling Eyes So frownies are now back to being ordered off ebay!Bethany your comments of the lift in the lower face make me want to try those other two points on the forehead again. Wink

Also a note to miracleskin29...you might be surprised at how quickly you adjust to the feel of the current...in a couple of weeks you may say it is very comfortable and even relaxing....I know that doesn't seem possible right now...but hang in there. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I find using the frownies on my forehead really keeps my forehead looking very smooth and helps hold the work the safetox is doing.I had been buying my frownies at Stein Mart in the US,but the one in my area didn't have the regular frownies, they had the lastest product they came out with for under eye area area. Rolling Eyes So frownies are now back to being ordered off ebay!Bethany your comments of the lift in the lower face make me want to try those other two points on the forehead again. Wink

I am back on the Frownies wagon myself...I did not give them enough of a chance in the past.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Bethany wrote,

Holy cow...why are you on Level 3 so quickly? Shock If you see bags under your eyes the next day, it is because you are overdoing it!

I went to level 3 quickly because I was in a hurry to see the results,lol. i have since stayed mostly on level 2 because its just too painful.

also, i want to try it on my chin. It sounds kinda weird, i know, but I have an ugly chin snarl kinda thing going on. I tried it and for some reason the connection did not work. The electrode pad was on well, so I'm quessing its the angle of my chin or something. I will keep trying as I am way interested to see what it will do!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:14 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:
Bethany wrote,

I went to level 3 quickly because I was in a hurry to see the results,lol. i have since stayed mostly on level 2 because its just too painful.

also, i want to try it on my chin. It sounds kinda weird, i know, but I have an ugly chin snarl kinda thing going on. I tried it and for some reason the connection did not work. The electrode pad was on well, so I'm quessing its the angle of my chin or something. I will keep trying as I am way interested to see what it will do!

I would suggest doing the 3 point method at level 1 or 2...you will see results much more quickly that way across your entire face. Or you could do the outer 2 points at the lower levels ( the outer points are more sensitive), and level 3 for the middle point.

I don't think you will have much success on the chin wrinkle though...a microcurrent device might be better for that location?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have read the forum for a long time and have learned alot....and bought a number of tools, including the anti aging light stim, tua trend and the safetox.

I have been having botox injections for my 11's, which were very deep, as well as some injectable filler.
So I don't feel comfortable using the Safetox anymore. I did not use it for long, so it is almost new.

If anyone would like to buy it, please PM me.
Thanks.

Mariposa
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Safetox for the first time today and didn't have any real kind of pain. I used it on the second setting at first and did a 5 minute session. Then decided to see what level 3 was like and did a 5 minute session with that. I could feel the buzz but it didn't really hurt. I even pressed down at the front to see if that would increase. It did but it wasn't bad. I did check to make sure the patch had good contact. It might be a weak battery but the little tab was in between the battery and the metal piece when it was delivered. I don't have any new batteries at home. I will get some tomorrow. Has anyone used it their first time and not thought that it hurt?
I'm happy if it's true but was expecting a lot more pain based upon other peoples experience. Should I not be going to level 3 so quickly even if I don't feel much pain? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
mariposa wrote:
Hi,
I have read the forum for a long time and have learned alot....and bought a number of tools, including the anti aging light stim, tua trend and the safetox.

I have been having botox injections for my 11's, which were very deep, as well as some injectable filler.
So I don't feel comfortable using the Safetox anymore. I did not use it for long, so it is almost new.

If anyone would like to buy it, please PM me.

Thanks.

Mariposa

Mariposa, just an FYI that the Safetox is recommended to help prolong Botox injections.

Quote:
Safetox Beauty may be used alone or as a complement to botulism toxin treatment.
As a complement to botulism toxin, it offers two advantages:

1. In addition to the localised effect of the botulism toxin injections, it has a generalised beneficial effect on the face.
2. it prolongs the effect of the injections, the frequency of which can be reduced by two-thirds.

http://www.safetoxbeauty.com/en/treatments/i-combat-my-wrinkles-using-botulism-toxin.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I used the Safetox for the first time today and didn't have any real kind of pain. I used it on the second setting at first and did a 5 minute session. Then decided to see what level 3 was like and did a 5 minute session with that. I could feel the buzz but it didn't really hurt. I even pressed down at the front to see if that would increase. It did but it wasn't bad. I did check to make sure the patch had good contact. It might be a weak battery but the little tab was in between the battery and the metal piece when it was delivered. I don't have any new batteries at home. I will get some tomorrow. Has anyone used it their first time and not thought that it hurt?
I'm happy if it's true but was expecting a lot more pain based upon other peoples experience. Should I not be going to level 3 so quickly even if I don't feel much pain? Thanks.

If you don't have any pain, then go for it! But keep an eye out for eye bags, which signals overusage (which could just be that your muscles aren't used to it...if so, dial back to a lower level and do no more than 2 cycles).

Let me know if you see any difference with new batteries!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
CookieD wrote:

If you don't have any pain, then go for it! But keep an eye out for eye bags, which signals overusage (which could just be that your muscles aren't used to it...if so, dial back to a lower level and do no more than 2 cycles).

Let me know if you see any difference with new batteries!

Thanks Bethany, will do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well I guess it wasn't the batteries. I got new ones today and did 2 rounds on the highest setting. It may have been a tiny bit stronger buzz but nothing that hurt that bad. Should I do 2 rounds-one on setting 2 and one on setting 3 for a few more days? Or just go ahead and do 2 rounds on setting 3?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Well I guess it wasn't the batteries. I got new ones today and did 2 rounds on the highest setting. It may have been a tiny bit stronger buzz but nothing that hurt that bad. Should I do 2 rounds-one on setting 2 and one on setting 3 for a few more days? Or just go ahead and do 2 rounds on setting 3?

I never bothered with the lower settings - I just went straight for setting 3 - didn't ever have any negative reactions.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |